It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality Spot Found in Brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The area in question - the right parietal lobe - is responsible for defining "Me," said researcher Brick Johnstone of Missouri University. It generates self-criticism, he said, and guides us through physical and social terrains by constantly updating our self-knowledge: my hand, my cocktail, my witty conversation skills, my new love interest ... People with less active Me-Definers are more likely to lead spiritual lives, reports the study in the current issue of the journal Zygon.

source

Thought this was interesting. If we can pin point that our spirituality comes from our own minds can we make the decision on whether or not there is a god? Meaning if it is all coming from a part of our own brain then maybe what we thought of as a divine creator is nothing more then that thoughts in our heads?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My friend did a documentary with this finding it yrs ago.I even got to be in it.His documentary is called beyond belief.I use to have a copy but I left it over at an old bandmates place and never went back to get it.
Its a good watch if you can find it...it was for the cbc.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
isnt it then also possible that the research is a lie? all fabricated? Having an open mind is often more than most understand.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
to Wertdagf,

Firstly awesome avatar. Death Note is a great show/flick. The movie was a little different but good all the same.

Secondly I agree with you. yes the research could all be lies, but then what research isn't bias. I don't believe there can ever be a truly unbiased anything as long as there is human interaction.

edit: the reply button doesn't like to work when I am on this comp.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by hILB3rT]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

If Researchers find a place in the brain where the perception of Boobs occur, does that mean they are only in my head?

Or since you can't perceive it and he can't perceive it, but I can, doesn't mean it I invented it.

Because a colorblind person can't see blue doesn't mean nothing is blue.

Most amazing, egotism blocks spirituality!

join