It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress to crack down on bailout recipients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Ok eveybody..here it comes...Congress is going to actually do their jobs!!!!!!

Give me a friggin break!

The banks already said they are not going to disclose where the funds are going (or where they went as might be the case)

But now congress is going to act.......So glad they announced this at this time. It's kinda like closing the barn door after the horse is already out!!

Congress isn't even back in session yet for God's sake!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

Link

What is the saying? Too little too late. It's like shutting the barn door after the horse escaped. I'm pretty furious that they didn't do this BEFORE they gave them MY money.
That's the problem with fast, urgent legislation. And Bush and Paulson KNEW that.

I don't know if I'm just being cynical, but I feel like that money is gone. We might as well have thrown it in a furnace... Is it too much to hope that Congress learned something?

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Wow. Doing their jobs. The fact the first two-posters gave the exact same analogy says it all, I think. Seriously, I'm so convinced they're going to bungle this up (if indeed there's still any bungling to be had). There's no doubt in my mind. what i don't understand is how they're going to investigate this when it'll just show their total incompetence. Like 9/11. I think the only cover-up was incompetence. Kinda seems like they're bringing about their own downfall, or rather, exposing their shortcomings. Can you picture it now? the government document "made public" but all the recipients names are crossed out lol.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is political noise, in my humble opinion. They were doing their job up until they were nearly all told - directly by the American people - NOT to bail them out - and did anyway. Furthermore, aside from utterly disregarding the will of the American people, they actually INSERTED into the offending legislation the very verbiage that dis-empowered the people to call for a reckoning of their transactions.

C'mon people. What do you think Congress can do? Do you think the Senate will 'cooperate'? Or maybe it will be the other way around. And in the end, what other legislative gems will they 'attach' to their futile flailing about? Quantum immunity for the SEC? Total submission to the IMF and G20? Dissolution of the national currency?

I say we revoke the FED's charter for gross mismanagement of the monetary system. THEN we prosecute. Of course, some of our esteemed celebrity politicians will have to be charged..., but you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs (sorry - I wanted to use a common turn of phrase too
)

new topics

top topics

join