It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Grandpa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I didn't know where to put this so I decided to place it here because of my grandfather's condition. He has cancer throughout his body and only has a few weeks to live. It's literally eating him alive. Sad but at least I know he'll be in peace soon.

Anyways, when my grandmother was asking him what he would like for lunch, he couldn't speak coherently so she had him write it down on a peice of paper. However, what he wrote down did not make any sense.
This is what he wrote:

old hohken

caption pativee

I have no idea if it means anything but I tried googling it and nothing came up so I was wondering if anybody knew what this meant or anything in relation to these random words? He was delerious and I was surmising that maybe he was thinking about something in his past. I know that he served in Germany during the Cold War so I don't know. Any information would be helpful and I understand that it probably means nothing but it was worth a try.

ATS was the first thing to come to mind for help.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hi

I found this googling... it offered me a slightly different spelling.

Dont know if it will be any help to you though.

food.asia1.com.sg...

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
First of all I am deeply sorry to here of your grandfather's situation I just lost my grandfather a week ago to cancer, in regardes to your question I would guess that if he is in the latter stages, he has probably lost some cognitive thinking function and his mind is "jumbled" and he might not be able to communicate what he wants or needs in the manner that he used to be able to, I wish you and yours well and I am by no means a doctor but this is similar to what we experienced with my grandfather and that is the explination we were given.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My sympathy is with you all at this difficult time. I hope that you have a chance to speak with your Grandfather in a coherent state.
My Father passed last spring and with the meds, etc... he too was in and out of a state of morphine and totally coherent.
It was small satisfaction that I was able to have one last real conversation with him, and I hope you too are fortunate enough to have an insightful talk while possible.
My regards to your Grandfather, you and yours.

The "old" notwithstanding,
here's what I found on the word Hohken.

This link to .pdf
Look on page 56

Sabata, T. (1994) Yohroppa no Hohken-Toshi [Medieval Cities in Europe] (Tokyo: Kodansha).

Next, go here

Seems to be a Publisher?

2. Encyclopedia of the Home Medicine-Facial Injuries-Fracture of the Nasal Bones, Injuries of the Oral Cavity, Injuries of the Teeth, Fracture of the Facial Bones. (Hohken ,1991,1996,1997(辞書) )

Lastly, at this URL,
It seems to be some sort of weapon in the story line about 1/2 down the scroll bar.

...and was hit by a shoulder rush from Wolf, full in the back.
Ryo sprawled forward and barely managed to keep his balance. Turning
around to meet the new attacker, he launched a Hohken, which stunned
Wolf momentarily but failed to neutralize the Soul Fist Morrigan had
shot at him from midair, or the Power Slash Janne had cut up his back with.

I would hope it is either a dish as described in above post, a weapon, a publisher, or a midieval City in Europe.

But there could be more. I'll check some other devices later.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
listen, i am sorry for your grandfather but there is still hope.

I want you to relax for about 15-30min a day, Relax your body from head to toe. Then i want you to image your grandfather...See him as he is right now in your minds eye. Then i want you to imaging that next to this scene is a scene of him getting better, a scene where he is doing something and his cancer is going away. Actually imagine the cancer going away. Then i want you to image another scene next to that one of your grandfather being healed and in perfect health. Do this everyday! EVERYSINGLE DAY!

I will also pray and do that for your grandfather!

Also GO AND BUY THIS...

www.sotainstruments.com...

This is a sota silver pulser. If yo have ever heard of a zapper, it basically is a device that has 2 electrodes that you can place on your body, preferably near an artery or even directly on or near the cancer area. Its cost about 225 bucks, but if your low on money get the silver pulsar light...

www.sotainstruments.com...

It is the least you could do...here is a lecture video with cancer testimonials in there

Google Video Link

video.google.com...

good luck!

also send me a u2u if you want. I have the silver pulser light. It is used, but if you want i can send it to you if you don't wanna pay to get your own. I would prefer that you do get your own though, they are a life saver!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Thanks for all your support! I did this out of curousity, wishful thinking, and just to make sure my grandfather wasn't trying to communicate something to us. We're all going to see him tomorrow so hopefully I'll get to speak to him one last time. Thing is, he was actually asking for two sunny side eggs and ended up with that so It struck me as odd. Oh well, sad thind is is they said the cancer had regressed but later found out it spread throughout his whole body.

He was always talking about his tour during the Cold war in Germany and he was always joking and talking in German like Inspector Kemp in Young Frankenstein. lol

Thanks again for all your love and support and the links!

new topics

top topics

join