It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only Universal debt forgiveness can save us from disaster.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Simple math and economics can tell us that our government elected and appointed officials have no clue or at least so appear on how to get us out of the economic mess. We can look back at the historical price of gold for the last 150 years. We can see that it was virtually unchanged until the depression of 1929. For eighty years it was worth around 20 U.S. dollars an ounce. This simply means that we had a respective amount of gold to back up every piece of fiat (or paper bill) that we had printed and therefore they had a consistent value. During the 70’s paper money printed to finance the Vietnam virtually killed the golden value of our fiat and then President Nixon stop the drainage of our gold reserves. I write more on similar subjects on my website Read What I See.

Can our leaders who's elections are financed by them be able to do default on the debt and regain our country? Could the citizens force our government to take such action by commencing a debt default revolt? Does anyone think that if no one paid their mortgage everyone could be evicted? Or that every financed car or boat could be repossessed?

join