It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tombs Discovered after 4,000 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Tombs Discovered after 4,000 Years

news.bbc.co.uk

Two tombs dating back more than 4,000 years have been discovered in Egypt at Saqqara, south of Cairo.

The head of the Supreme Council of Antiquities of Egypt, Dr Zahi Hawass, said the burial sites belonged to a pyramid builder and a singer.

Although archaeologists have been exploring Egypt intensively for more than 150 years, Dr Hawass believes only 30% of what lies beneath the ground has been uncovered.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The KV-63 Conspiracy: Ancient Egyptian Finds Kept Secret
Zahi Hawass - Unkept Promises
Zahi Hawass- what is he hiding??
Zahi Hawass takes video cameras into sub-sphinx chamber?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You could say there's a lot of 'history' between Dr Zahi Hawass and the CT community, so it's interesting to see this latest find on display.

In the West, Hawass has been accused of domineering behaviour, including forbiding archaeologists to announce their own findings...

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Hawass is also a vocal opponent of ancient astronauts theories about a previous highly technologically advanced, worldwide civilization.

(Source as above)

Interestingly, from what we learn in the video Dr. Hawass intends to extend the current dig and believes much more will be revealed.

I believe many on ATS know about this man and his exploits, and some are clearly very knowledgeable on this topic, and I hope they will be able to comment.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Good post. I'm surprised I missed that one, BBC is like home to me. I'm one of the few people that pretty much agrees with Mr Hawass. Between grave robbers, Romans, British and US archeologists, not to mention Napoleonic France, it's no surpise that he is extremely cautious with Egypt's heritage. Like a man that's been metaphorically burglarized, all windows become locked, barred and defended with extreme (political) prejudice.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I've certainly got nothing against a level-headed examination of historical evidence.

However Dr Hawass has courted real controversy by his behaviour over many years - at least in the minds of some!

new topics

top topics

join