It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ho Ho Ho; Alien text messages are out of this world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hey Mods hope this is the right place, if its not appropriate then delete or star like no tomorrow - Anyhow this is not particularly serious in my opinion but I had a great laugh. We all need a lift from time to time, I'm hoping ATSers will find it amusing also. I cannot imagine a single member here doing this but some people in this world are so gullable.

There are other links supporting this also!!! so I figure its true but who knows. Perhaps someone knows someone who has done it?

Enjoy and naturally leave your opinion.
Merry Christmas

Hundreds of people are paying to have their text beamed into the cosmos on radio waves using a giant satellite transmission dish.

Link

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Wow! "news:lite's reporter's grammar is almost as heinous as the high school dropout teens on ATS.

Should make for a great browser homepage for early morning informative developments!

-

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Ho Ho Ho .. We Belgians (in flanders) are going even one step further!
We are planning to shoot a rocket into space with a golden record just like the voyager did in 1977 !

It's on national television... it's a whole show with interviews about extra terrestrial life and so on.
One interview was already quite fascinating.. Dr Edgar Mitchell !!
He told on national TV ! about the roswell incident , and that it was a real event that occured and that the government is still covering it up !
Very nice to hear this on national TV i tell ya !

Now here's the site (in dutch) for making suggestions to come onto this golden record.
So the plan is to send this record into space with Belgium culture, famous people and so on ... pretty cool idea if you ask me.
Here is the text from the site (translated and edited by myself)

In 1977, NASA sent a golden plate into space to propose to extraterrestrial life what mankind is about.
In ''Warm Greetings To Everyone'' Sofie De Moll wants a new golden plate on Belgian life anno 2009, and she needs your help!

Do you have a hobby that you want to see immortalized? Will the aliens let you know how great your job can be? Did you get the best friends in the world? Do you think there is definitely something about our Belgian cuisine in the area? Could extraterrestrial life have something to learn from your sports club? Do you know someone with amazing talents? You know something that certainly may not be lacking in our inter galactic business card?

Grab this unique chance and let us know what you know is on this new golden plate needed.

hartelijkegroeten.een.be...

Cosmic Greetings From Belgium (we should have a santa smiley for christmas)

join