It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If The United States Government Officials announces intelligent life exists in our galaxy!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I would go crazy, riot, burn things, and mumble nonsense to people--just to prove the think tanks right.

Seriously I don't think people have really thought out "disclosure". I think we can handle it but it depends on what the aliens do. The problem is how do you know what the aliens "will do" as they sit flying over your head invisible day and night, hidden in our oceans and lakes, and maybe looking a lot like us and already in our society? Right now most of us have the option to not deal with aliens and can turn our back and not worry about fearing the unknown--what happens when you can't ignore it? I know my day to day life has nothing to do with them--what happens when I drive home and think: "is there an alien watching me and my family?". It's a little spooky.

The only answer I see is the aliens show up in a very limited display, leave some information on who they are, their history, knowledge of life, the universe, and then leave and say they will not be performing any wish fulfillment for humanity--you're on your own, we will be in the background, but not interfering. Contact will be limited and hopefully in 200 years we can have a more equal discussion between our species.

I see no other way this works for humanity. Contact must be limited.

On the other hand, full blown disclosure/integration with the aliens "now" tells me there is something critical going on with us or them...which is not a good sign because we're still coming together as a global community right now, cultures are still clashing. Adding aliens right now, would make things worse...which is probably why the aliens haven't "gone public". I think we've got till the latter end of this century before we get disclosure.

[edit on 12/21/08 by Atomic]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellsing

What would your re-action be ?

after a thread title STATING a "FACT" like that.. ???
you ASK how we'd feel?

take a freaking guess.

that's freaking ANNOYYING.

don't make posts claiming something.. then asking IF it was true how'd you feel. It's immature, misleading and could be easily rewritten to ask how you'd feel IF.. not to trick people .

adds to the garbage here.
leaches from the good reporting people do.

don't DO that, MAAAN.

you got me all psyched up.

that totally sucks.

-

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
now i have to go make a thread called "Helsing finally gets laid!!"

then post and be like.. "no seriously.. what IF he got laid??"

-

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean
Yep intelligent life exists in the galaxy. Oh wait we're not supposed to include ourselves in that equation?
Dolphins are called intelligent!.
Primates are called intelligent.
even an octopus can work out a puzzle, yet of these intelligent animals, not one of them tries to find new ways to destroy all others around them by lying and deception and the use of more and more powerful weapons.

You really think we should consider ourselves as intelligent?

we act more like a 2 year old with a loaded gun, its just a matter of time before we shoot ourselves.

I wouldn't call that intelligent, a more acurate description would be curious.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

It was kind of the point, naming the thread like it is, to make you think...

I guess i didn't realize some people are overly excited about this happening

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
A large portion will think it's a hoax.

CNN will report on groups of people planning to kill any ET that they see.

Larry King Live will have interviews with Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, and anyone else that has made a movie featuring aliens.

Fox news will debate whether or not they are conservatives or part of the mass liberal conspiracy.

Access Hollywood will ask Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan for their opinion.

Fark.com will ask members to photoshop an alien experiencing human life and incorporate the flying spaghetti monster somehow.

Nostradomus will have somehow made this prediction.

Environmentalists will attribute their presence to global warming.

ATS Breaking Alternative News will herald the announcement as the coming of the NWO.

ATS Aliens & UFOs Forum will await video proof while flooding the forums with speculation.

ATS Paranormal Studies will link the announcement with the numbers 9, 11, and 666.

ATS Origins and Creationism Conspiracy has half the forum claiming the announcement as proof of their not being a God, while others maintain that scripture alluded to these events.

The Flat Earth Society will still believe that the Earth is flat.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

had to give you a star for that one...

best i've heard, and i think that is probably exactly what would happen

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Think about all religious communities getting told that their whole belief system is built on a state of falsehood........doesn't paint a preety picture.

Anywho, we could handle the truth that aliens do exist, but the government wouldn't want us to know the real truth, allowing aliens abduct people for their experiments without our consent, etc...

It would escalate in full on anarchy and revolt.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
They are already here amongst us. They look just like you or me. Their advanced technology allows them to appear no different than the rest of us.
Now prove me wrong. Cause I really can't prove I'm right either.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaBears
Think about all religious communities getting told that their whole belief system is built on a state of falsehood........doesn't paint a preety picture.

It would escalate in full on anarchy and revolt.

makes you think about how damning and dangerous these misconstrued religions can be hmmm?

-

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellsing

Sounds like the story of Noah all over again.Jesus said the last days would be as in the days of Noah!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If disclosure were to happen, life wouldn't change much. I suppose we will all have a little more to talk about at work the next day.

you know I'm right.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The title of this thread is misleading...it is making statement of fact when the intent of the thread is to only ponder the outcome of it if it were to happen.

Time wasted = 3 minutes, that will be $5 please.

delius

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

YOU are absolutely right. You see, me and a buddy were nosing around and found a box full of sunglasses. We put them on and looked around, noticed nothing at first, THEN, I saw this woman in a store, put my sunglasses on, and.....oh gawd! She looked really ugly and creepy!. I took them off, and she looked like a normal woman. She then spoke into this thing on her wrist and said "he can see us".
Later, we found out that the "aliens" were broadcasting a piggyback signal via television and transmitters dispersed throughout the city. We plan on blowing up the main transmitter tomorrow so EVERYONE can see them! That way people will realize that They Live among us!

Back on topic, can we sue the OP for "false advertising" on ATS?

[edit on 22-12-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That would be really the most histroic event in the earth finally admiting there is life in outer space...anyway is something I dont see in any near future, the goverment is under control of everything in this earth, they already know we might take these ''beings'' as a superior race and follow their lead and leave the goverment aside. Besides there are other ''conflicts'' like religion and stuff like that...I myself believe in God and I personally believe there is life beyond our solar system or even in our solar system, but most people dont think alike, the goverment must fear that we as humans start to worship these ''beings'' as for the technology or the things they are capable of doing(don't know if true but already heard of people worshiping aliens and UFOs)like the ancient people, tribes, egyptiants, etc. they believe these UFO's where gods why?..because of what they saw, they saw things they never thought they would see, its gonna happen to us to, we are gonna start seeing things we never thought seeing making these ''beings'' look like gods. Besides we maybe are ready for the truth, but most of the people on earth dont wanna believe in other existance besides our.

sorry for any mispelling...Im not an english talking person..Originally from Puerto Rico

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
cue the twilight zone music........ doo doo doo doo
maybe the only way to tell the difference between us and them would be to take a mark on our forheads or hand, I type of ID chip

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Humans are adaptable to change. We'd be startled/fascinated/scared at first and then just get on with it. Starred Mr Andy because you hit a dozen nails on the head in one post! It wouldn't be the end of the world, religion could still continue, popular radio would still be sh** and advertizing would still fill the airwaves. World peace wouldn't happen and some people would still hate different people. Some people would hate the aliens and some aliens would hate us. As an afterthought, I'd prefer no aliens to hostile aliens.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'd...

... make my two spare rooms available so a couple wouldn't be homeless while they looked for jobs. (I'd cover the ceiling with glow in the dark stars so they felt more at home)

... pick up a couple more joysticks and invite them into my "clan" (okey I don't have a "clan"...but I'd start one!)

... start wearing pajamas with padlocks.

... check myself daily for bumps, blemishes, scrapes and cuts.

...buy lots of aluminum foil, just in case.

...think up a new sig!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
...I'm not from the US...so, I'm picking I'd do what many other of my countrymen would do:

Think 'bloody stupid Americans, what are they doing on our TV', flick the channel to the Sports...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

They have TV in New Zealand already?

--bloody stupid american

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join