It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If The United States Government Officials announces intelligent life exists in our galaxy!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

I think we'd conform too. I mean we'd have to if we wanted to survive.

Most people have fooled themselves about alien contact because of movies and TV. The aliens just kind of exist to serve the human story--the aliens are destroyers, partners, or gods but it's always from a human centric view...what if they choose all or none of these options?

It's pretty obvious how we will react because we do it already with superior forces. People always love or resent higher powers, be it the US, Russia, religious leaders, hollywood stars, kings, presidents, parents, sports stars, the boss at work, the police, God, Satan...etc.

The aliens will be no different--people will want "power" from them. It could be spiritual power, military, scientific, or whatever to satisfy our ego or eliminate our fears. We do it everyday with our social circles--people give us power. When they stop, we get divorced, stop calling and usually resent them to some degree for no longer empowering us.

I think most people want "disclosure" because they want a new "power" to answer their desires. The question to me that everyone should ask is "Why do I want disclosure--what is it that I'm really wanting?".

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellsing
reply to post by InfaRedMan

If the Cuban government came forward and said alien life exists, how many people do u think would listen, or even believe what they are saying ?

how about the mexicans ? iranians ?

I have no reason to disbelieve these other nations. Do you? What are you really saying? The US doesn't have a history of lies but other nations do?

i am using the U.S because when they talk people listen, im not saying it has to be them, it would probably be the UN.

Speaking for myself, whenever the US government has something to say, I switch off (like most people I know) because there's a high chance it's all self serving BS.

But if the united states then came out and said the UN is lying, who do u think most people would believe ?

Easy - The United Nations!

Of course this is no slur on the American Public which I separate distinctly from government.

IRM

[edit on 23/12/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This thread is such a mundane topic it would be like asking "what would you do if you won the lottery?" or "what do you want for Christmas?" I mean it's a good fishing line but nothing more. Sorry

[edit on 23-12-2008 by alyosha1981]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
intelligent life in the galaxy, perhaps. there's not much of it here on planet earth, beam me up scotty !!!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellsing
Ok,

So let's say these "beings" came to us so that they could share our planet, their planet is dying and they are unable to re-produce ( they are not the most attractive of alien beings )

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Hellsing]

mmm...that would depend on their anatomy as in how close to human anatomy they are
....but then wouldnt we be just selling our bodies for technology? i can just imagine the sites down at the local std clinic...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Have not read entire thread, but ask a child what they would think if aliens showed up on their door step. Not much from the ones I ask this question they are being programmed for acceptance of this fact.
To not think that life smarter than us is all over the place would seem some what narrow minded to me.
We are 15 billion years out, what we have done in last 100 years is quite amazing.
They don't think we are from Milky Way anyhow, we are from the Dwarf Sagittarius Galaxy. They can tell because the Milky Way is turned wrong way for us to be from it.

So if some other thing could last, past the part of destroying it self, just think what they could do in 1,000 or 10,000 years.
They could make biomechanical machines, that are some what self repairing, then laugh at a the things they do, like days of our lives, but cosmic.
It would be like looking at ants, why would they let us know they are there, do people let ants know before they step on them.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Thats a good excuss and that is all it is, they have lied to us for so long they know people will be pist to say the least, I support amnisty but lets not suger coat the truth.

of course people can handle the truth, we handle the truth of viruses that can kill us, we handle the truth that bacteria can kill us, in fact we handle the truth of all the truth we know, there is no reason why we can't handle the truth we are not alone in the universe.

It's been used as an excuse because they know there are over unity energies involved with them, thank god the new wingless aerial vehicle has come out now, because we will discover over unity in that ions can attract electrons. and this current can be diverted into a capacitor and give us over unity energy.

let the truth be told. it's well past time, it's part of our evolution and we have been held back deliberately.

Saying that people can't handle the truth is no different than saying people can't handle the truth there is stars above us. Stop the lies.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellsing

I long for it.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

It does, i can confimr that but it its still on earth outside the US

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I would be like "WTF!" Then I would probeley go towards all my friends who belived most of this was B.S and tell them "Told you so."

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join