It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frost/Nixon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I just finished watching this movie. The story of the film I found to be most interesting and compelled me to watch it. I wasn't convinced that I was going to be entertained by the film, just thought it was something that needed to be seen.

After having finished it, not only is the film completely entertaining.. it offers a fresh perspective on a topic that shows the fallibility of even those that reside in the highest of offices. I had not watched the original interviews and wasn't too up on exactly how they transpired. After having watched the film, I feel I've learned a few things.

This film shows Nixon in the truest if forms. They show the corruption and the loneliness, the regret and the perceived infallibity that the man thought came with a seat in the oval office.

Great film.

I highly recommend it.

Had Ron Howard not been involved, I probably would have been less likely to sit and watch it. But his name being attached to it definitely provided some credibility to the film.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Richard Nixon is a compelling person, and I definitely will see this movie. As President, he did do a lot of good (raising the minimum wage, meeting with China, EPA, etc). It is unfortunate that it took Watergate and his need to control everything for him to be remembered by.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thanks chissler for the review. This is one I more than likely would have waited for the DVD but on your recommendation I'll go see it on the big screen.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
You won't be disappointed.

It was the topic of the movie that intrigued me and compelled me to watch it. As I said, I really didn't think I would be entertained by it at all. But after having watched it, you really see the greatness of Richard Nixon.. but you really see the flaws as well.

This one is a real character piece.

After you see it, let me know what you thought.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
C. Please give me some feedback on this one, when and if you go see it.
thanks
w.
www.sonyclassics.com...
www.belowtopsecret.com...'

I am still reeling from this show.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by whaaa]

top topics

join