It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constantly Searching?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Don't take this the wrong way.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have heard of this before, but thats not quite how I would describe it. I certainly do not need, nor want a following of any sorts. In fact, i want to be left alone, in the majority of my purpose.

Its more of an intrinsic struggle, one that I feel most everyone goes through in their lives. Thats why I made the thread, to share common experiences, not particularly focus on mine. But somehow, by my posts being misconstrued, this thread has evolved into a whole different monster. I think this fact pretty much defines the reason the thread was made in the first place.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by retroviralsounds

You all are so ignorant, and maybe, just maybe, if you open your eyes, and minds, you will see the piddly existance you lead on this earth is just that... and there is so much more to discover if you ever decide to leave your comfort zones.

Well old chap, since you asked so nicely, I thought I'd give you a clue.

Being highly intelligent and gifted can be regarded as a curse, and many such people get into drugs, crime and other unfortunate practices. The world is littered with the wrecks of such people. So, you have my genuine sympathy.

I suggest that you have been given a task to complete in this particular incarnation, but obviously you aren't certain as to what exactly it is, and you are not meant to know.

When the time is right, you will know, and you need to be patient until the time approaches. 'Time' does not mean the linear time on which our societies work but rather, 'when the time is right'.

Waiting is hard, especially when you have a sense of destiny, and the eventual reality may be that the event you are waiting for may not happen, as these matters are not pre-ordained, but they are a possibility.

If your work and social life don't occupy your intellect sufficiently, why not turn your obvious talents to helping the less fortunate in your society, or area. Giving your time unselfishly is good for the soul and will help you keep away from the 'dark' or negative forces of which you are aware.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the very best of good fortune, and hope that this is of help to you.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

I think every scientist feels that they are meant to do something great when they are just starting out in their chosen field. Trust me, it wears off quick once you're tossed into a hyper-competitive environment where you're surrounded by intellectual equals. Soon... perhaps sooner than you realize, you will come to realize just how normal you really are. Want help with that? Apply for a position with the CDC, a national lab, or an Ivy League University. There are plenty of PIs out there who would be more than happy to suck the wind out of your sails and put you in your place (that is, their PERCEPTIONS of what that "place" should be!). No established big-wig wants to hire a tech/post-doc with a huge ego because it makes a person impossible to manage. Your smartest move at this point, is to ask yourself how to make your superiors happy because THEY determine your fate professionally; not you. Just trying to help!

[edit on 3-1-2009 by X-tal_Phusion]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join