It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens VS Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
What would be the effect on organize religion, if disclosure of aliens was brought forth? There are prolly more than one thread with this topic but Im wondering more one the religious view point and not the goverment envoking martial law type discussion. I know the vatican released a statement saying it was ok to belive in aliens but I just want thoughts from religious people in general?

Mods if this is in the wrong forum please move it..

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
They would probably just shift the goal posts...Christians etc literally believed God made us from dirt and ribs,evolution came along showed what absolute and utter twaddle that was.Soooo ..God kick started evolution!
Basically they will say anything to keep themselves wrapped in that warm,fuzzy blanket of lies...I dont know what,but it wont be the end of religion if thats what you think.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
They would probably just shift the goal posts...Christians etc literally believed God made us from dirt and ribs,evolution came along showed what absolute and utter twaddle that was.Soooo ..God kick started evolution!
Basically they will say anything to keep themselves wrapped in that warm,fuzzy blanket of lies...I dont know what,but it wont be the end of religion if thats what you think.

Hahaha! No doubt. It will be the start of a new religion. Hmmmm, lets see Aligon or perhaps Alienican. I can't wait when the Pope reiterates this “God is not only true, but Truth itself”. Riiiiiiiight.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gaboy

For some interesting reading go here.
www.xeeatwelve.com...
I don't really know what to make of most of the stuff on this site but it is great reading.
Might be some of the best fiction ever written or "what if it's all true"?

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hi,
OP you raise some valid questions. I personally believe that the belief in aliens is in fact a religious belief at the moment. There are aleady several organisations that practice a belief deriving from an Alien inspiration or a percieved alien authority. Scientology and Raelism are just two examples. They are labelled with the tag of Cult as they lie outside the cultuarally excepted norms. But as a belief in the possibilities of alien life grows, these beliefs may become the norm and they will be recognised as "religions".
Here is a thread that may be of interest to you and this thread subject.
Alien Abduction and Contactees: A new religion?

[edit on 20-12-2008 by atlasastro]

top topics

join