It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to know what ATS'RS think about this book???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This is a book some of you may have heard of but I have to admit I am a religious or Faith orientated person and pride myself on my vast and extensive knowledge of most religions and most of the information available, you should see my bookshelf, it has dead sea scrolls, catholic bibles, korans, mormon books and of course my own Favorite KJV Bible 1611 version with Christ's words in Red...

This is what stumps me, being a self proclaimed novice-expert on all things religious, how is it that I never heard of this book in all my research? I have only been looking at the info for a few days now so I really have no INTELLIGENT or THOUGHT OUT answers for you I can only offer first impressions of the book. That would be that this book excites me in it's uniqueness and it's content. That is to say all that information in one book, it appears as if it contains all of that world's knowledge all in one book??? You can find the old and new testaments of the Bible with Catholic books added as well as apocryphal books and so much more. Like I said it's like all of that world's knowledge written down by one man,or so it appears...

I found this by watching National Geographic Channel this week for the Bible Month, every night at 7pm Eastern NATGEO is playing religious based shows and I of course MUST WATCH... Anyways below is the National Geographic Channel's links to the book called Codex Gigas. I am interested in what all of you know or think about this book. The experts they had on the show that got access to the book said it appears to be written in one hand with bug nest ink throughout and that it appears to not have even one mistake in it. By mistake I mean copying of the texts, not whether true or not!!! so no Bible bashing please or for that matter any bashing, just what do you think?

Did one guy write it and if so HOW LONG did that take? Why was it written? Do you think the Magic Spells would work? Etc. Etc.. Anxiously awaiting this forums many different views of this book...

B the way they said it is the biggest book ever written and its like 165 pounds and three feet tall and on mule skins.. HMMMM?????

Codex Gigas - Devil's Bible:

Nat Geo site on the book and in ENGLISH LOL

YouTube video on the book:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, very simply, monks had a lot of free time on their hands, and since they filled most of that time by scribing, I wouldn't be at all surprised at this thing having no mistakes.

As pointed out in the video, it's called "the devil's bible" due to that one figure, rather than any actual content.

Some Benedictine fellow probably spent the greater portion of his life putting all that down, ordering, correcting, adding, editing, then finally binding it all together. It could have even taken a few lifetimes - that skill at scribing meant that it wouldn't have been too hard to reproduce handwriting in earlier sections.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I know most of what you said and I agree, thanks. It does only have that one picture of the Devil opposite of the picture of Heaven...

I think it was shown on the NatGeo show that it is the work of one man and the expert said that it would take 30 years minimum for one and this was a constant writing estimate...

Where did he get all his information from do ya think, it is not often you find a book containing just two of those topics let alone all of them in one spot...

Think the spells would work? And I take it you've seen this before, this makes me wonder how knowledgeable I actually am in the realm of Religions and Faith?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Looks like your a reader that likes to learn so here is a site with with some interesting thoughts.
www.xeeatwelve.com...
Enjoy

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

There is another thread about the Codex that has some of the information that you are asking about. The thread is here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join