It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas declares Gaza truce with Israel is at an end

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

JERUSALEM – Hamas formally announced the end of its unwritten, often-breached truce with Israel on Friday as Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip fired four rockets into southern Israel. The Israeli military said two rockets were fired Friday morning and two more after sunset. It said troops guarding Israeli farmers in fields adjoining Gaza also came under sniper fire from across the border. No injuries were reported in any of the incidents. In a statement posted on its Web site, the Islamic militant group Hamas said Israel had breached agreements by imposing a painful economic blockade on Gaza, staging military strikes into the densely populated coastal strip and continuing to hunt down Hamas operatives in the West Bank.

Big surprise... I really wish these idiots would do something productive with their time instead of indiscriminately firing rockets. Now more innocent people are going to die. Thanks Israel, thanks Hamas.

Link

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Raustin]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What truce? Hamas only takes break in their blood quest in order to regroup, rearm, restrategize. :shk: truce my ..... bah!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Israelis are innocent? lol. The Palestinian residents of the Gaza strip have been reduced to eating grass. I think they have all the power to use rockets and more.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Nothing like blowing up some Israeli's. It's a bad move, but it's not like they really have many options to make good moves.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bl0rg

Who said Israel was innocent? I just think it's funny Hamas actually has the gall to claim an end to the 'truce'.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My absolute logistical question in this is:

1. The Palestinians need something to lose.
2. Peace makers need them to have something to lose.
3. We together need to develop Palestine.
4. Western powers are paying for this.

But, and enjoy.....

5. When Israel retaliates, they now need to know whether the school they are bombing is made by Western Aid or not........

Comedy really, and devious seriousness.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bl0rg
The Palestinian residents of the Gaza strip have been reduced to eating grass.

If the 'palestinians' had behaved themselves better when the border was open with Egypt then those 'poor palestinians' would have wide open access to everything. Instead, they behaved like criminals and Egypt closed it's border to them.

Israel isn't the only border for the Gaza ya' know.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The Palestinian residents of the Gaza strip have been reduced to eating grass.

If the 'palestinians' had behaved themselves better when the border was open with Egypt then those 'poor palestinians' would have wide open access to everything. Instead, they behaved like criminals and Egypt closed it's border to them.

Israel isn't the only border for the Gaza ya' know.

Well, if the 'palestinians' are one amorphous goo, then maybe put them in a swimming pool, but if there are those that will work with you, shouldn't you too, take the bad ones out, give them a clout, but don't put the future in doubt.

Merry Xmas.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Israelis are innocent? lol. The Palestinian residents of the Gaza strip have been reduced to eating grass. I think they have all the power to use rockets and more.

do you feed the mouth that bites you?? Even on ATS here, from the articles I've read, it would seem that Hamas acts irrationally all the time. They have no desire for peace in my opinion, cause that would involve wounding their pride. Also, I seem to recall readig that going to war with the jews, specifically, is a predicate for their messiah's return or whatever they call him.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by heyo]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

do you feed the mouth that bites you?? Even on ATS here, from the articles I've read, it would seem that Hamas acts irrationally all the time. They have no desire for peace in my opinion, cause that would involve wounding their pride. Also, I seem to recall readig that going to war with the jews, specifically, is a predicate for their messiah's return or whatever they call him.

Right, all Palestinians are not Hamas. Hamas are in electoral turmoil with Fatah, which did become corrupt. Less than 50% actually voted for Hamas, many did not vote. Palestinians are impoverished, because of their political elite. Not all by any stretch deserve it.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled

Originally posted by heyo

Right, all Palestinians are not Hamas. Hamas are in electoral turmoil with Fatah, which did become corrupt. Less than 50% actually voted for Hamas, many did not vote. Palestinians are impoverished, because of their political elite. Not all by any stretch deserve it.

Hmm that sounds like making excuses for them, i mean, it was a democratic electin was it not? In Canada, we have a minority governemtn, and look, we're not in shambles, so "less than 50%" doesen't equate to social destruction and poverty unless it is allowed to happen. Its the same in afghanistan.
Everyone continuously makes excuses for them, but the fact is they let these evil people come into power, or even vote them in, then they let them do whatever they want. It's ridiculous. And those pussy-ass, cowardly rocket attacks? Palestinians should be handing these pieces of crap over to authorities demanding their death. They do nothing for themselves.
How about this. If you are a concerned palestinian, put out flyers saying that you will kill anyone you see firing a rocket, because it will cause war, and you don't want that. Oh, they'll find you if yo do that?? Well tht's what sacrifice and bravery are. I began on the palestinians side honestly but the more i read the more the obvious becomes exactly that.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I'll make no excuses for you then in Iraq. Get real, many did not support hamas and do not deserve to have no infrastructure. In fact, if you are really clever, depriving of it may alienate them?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by heyo

I'll make no excuses for you then in Iraq. Get real, many did not support hamas and do not deserve to have no infrastructure. In fact, if you are really clever, depriving of it may alienate them?

u shouldn't man cause I'm a proud canadian. Don't gimme that. We went into afghanistan cause that's actually where we thought the perps of 9/11 are....and the ump will tion you!!

Also, this is where the subject also gets changed, at "they don't deserve it". Yes of course they don't, but you seem to be saying that them not deserving to have no infrastructure justifies rocket attacks on israel and it's crap. If they didn't elect hamas they wouldn't be in this situation, pure and simple.....

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

No, I'm more pointing out the plight of the average Palestinian than the well fed rocket launcher. Sorry about the whole US/Canada thing.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by heyo

No, I'm more pointing out the plight of the average Palestinian than the well fed rocket launcher. Sorry about the whole US/Canada thing.

It is sad, but I just strongly believe that the need for blame is irrational sometimes. No prob about the can. thing it's all good. It's hard for me to look at a problem that needs solving but can't, the same it is for you and all of us...it just sux, that's all you can really say, as that's the only real truth we know of the whole thing.

new topics

top topics

join