It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queens Councilman Is Charged With Assault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Queens Councilman Is Charged With Assault

cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com

City Councilman Hiram Monserrate, a Queens Democrat who was elected to the State Senate last month, was arrested and charged with assault early Friday morning in connection with an injury to his girlfriend, law enforcement officials said.

Paul J. Browne, the Police Department’s top spokesman, said that Mr. Monserrate had been arrested and charged with assault in the first degree.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Politicians involved in domestic disputes. This type of thing happens a lot more than people think. I am glad to see someone isn't getting away with it. However it kind of makes me wonder who he has made mad. There are plenty of examples of politicians being obviously guilty of crimes and never getting charged with anything. Politicians typically get exposed when they tick someone off.

Come on, Dick Cheney shot a dude in the face and he didn't get into one bit of trouble. While we all know that if it had been an average person, they would have been put on trial and had their right to own a gun taken away from them, at the very least. I don't know if he made someone mad. However it's awesome to hear that some people aren't above the law.

cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/19/08 by mrfreehugs]

new topics

join