It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass poisen "idea"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I live in a college community, I recently got to read a term paper from one student"teacher is my friend" so i can't disclose his name....
It was very well researched, and frankly scared the hell outa me...
The student basicaly says if a foriegn or terorist nation/person wished to infiltrate the US with lets say "anthrax" would would be the most effective delivery system.....
This subject went on a bit in his essay, inthe end he had some really scarey, statistics.....
That 2 out of 5 US citizens use or dabble in black market drugs, "mostly marijauna"
I thought this to be crazy at first, then after his follow up, I started realizing how much truth came from him.....
Doing it that way, the USDA, and all forms of gov't testing is skipped, it would go directly to the consumer, which irronically would not admit to ever having.....
I'm sure someone has done real studies on this, I just never thought of it...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
So they want to kill the potheads? I don't understand this I don't think could you clarify the numbers as 1 in 2 do not smoke pot in America. I guess I am wondering why this would not be a scare tactic of our own Government to get people to stop using alternate medicines and using their money laden kick backed Major Pharmacies drugs with all their side effects?

Seems to me to be a scare tactic more than a real attack possibility if the terrorists wanted to kill a lot of people. As soon as the word was out the people would stop smoking pot or grow their own or whatever, the amount of people in the initial stages would be small and it would only get smaller faster...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Dude, check your spelling and grammer.I have only graduated high school but I can write better than that.it is a good idea though that something could be planned like that.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Any chance you could post some copies or maybe some quotes? I've got a hundred things to say but I don't wants to get your topic confined to RATS

It may be off topic but in the UK we are being poisoned by fluoride in our water so the terrorists had better hurry up or they'll miss out.

I think we need to look at this from a different angle. How likely is it that terrorists are going to perform this type of attack? (Many on here would say it is more likely for the government to do something like you describe and blame 'terrorists'). Imho it's not their style, although let's not pidgeon hole the unpredictable. It would be a massive operation in your country, the US. I mean, infiltrating the import market would be possible but what about all the home produce?

I suggest a better way for the terrorists to perform a mass poisoning would be to contaminate our water either by using insiders or some sort of covert operation using crude methods as the water leaves distribution plants.

Or producing an amazingly fast computer processor, so amazing that in 5 years every home has one. Then produce a virus that causes the processor to overheat incredibely. As the processor overheats and smokes it gives off highly toxic fumes that would render a person dead in a minute.

"You heard about all the people being found dead at their computers?"
"Yeah, let's google it......"

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There was a show on the National Geographic Channel (Discovery?) lately called "Marijuana Nation" that spelled out some pertinent facts for the uninitiated.

In the olden days a lot of the weed in America did come from outside, mainly Mexico and Columbia. But breeders have adapted strains that grow exceedingly well in our climate and quite a few enterprising individuals are taking advantage of the wonders of genetic engineering.

The majority of weed produced in the US comes from California. Even the old moonshiners in the Ozarks have given up their stills and are growing weed instead.

Then there are those like me, under the veil of anonymity, that grow their own.
Street weed costs way too much, you don't know what you"re getting, and the clientèle is less than desirable.

It has also been pointed out for years that even given the heroic efforts of our vigilant crime fighters that very few "gardens" are discovered and that weed is probably the most profitable cash crop in the country, even higher than corn.

The terrorists are probably already aware of all this or they're just too stoned to care.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Why target the Pot Heads? They just want to get baked and eat cheezies.

Actually here in Toronto and the surround area there are major Marijuana grow-ops that get busted all the time. In nice neighborhoods in fancy houses. As well as the folks who try to grow "wild weed" out in the forests.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I don't have access to the young kids term paper.
And I do not have any hard proof or research, it just really bothered me to think that 2 out of 5 "thats over 100 million ppl"
Yes I agree most of what I see "here in the ozarks" is locally grown.
But the compress tex/mex is still more abbundant..IMO
This thread was a bad idea on my part, I just wanted some other peoples thoughts, next time I will not post without thinking it through more thoroughly

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Can I ask the subject this student is studying? It would be interesting to know. Thanks. Also what other alternative methods of terrorism did he compare it to, if any?
Thanks.

By the way, unless you have 5000 points you better reply quick cos this post is only going one place.

There's a thought... if his post gets moved and he doesn't have enough ATS points to access it is it just tough luck?

EDIT: Just read your last sentence. Don't bother thinking things through man, that's non productive. And as for your grammar (note the spelling) who cares? I'm a stickler for it but there's a time and a place and the internet has degenerated so far that hope is lost. You only have to look at some of the best threads on here and the bad grammar in them to see that bad grammar doesn't equal bad subject.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by and14263]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
they dont need to get into marijuana. they have coke. the CIA distributes it so your system gets out of wack. and thats not including the additives .

quick google search first result: Long term coc aine use
"Use of coc aine in a binge, during which the drug is taken repeatedly and at increasingly high doses, leads to a state of increasing irritability, restlessness, and paranoia. This may result in a full-blown paranoid psychosis, in which the individual loses touch with reality and experiences auditory hallucinations.
"
which would be convenient for the government.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Here's a suggestion... Write whatever you are going to post on the forum in your email compose window. When done do a spell check. Fix any mistakes. Copy onto clipboard. Then paste into the Forum's post or reply window.
Granted this won't help grammar but at least the spelling will be correct.
My peeve is people that have no idea how to properly use there, their, they're. Also would be nice if some posters knew how to use punctuation.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

I'm with you man, I really am. People who don't know how to use were/where and wear are the same. It really annoys me when I see simple grammatical errors in letters and newspapers etc. When spoken I can let it pass as I'll put it down to dialect but on official/professional documents I won't.

What I'm getting at is I'm not ever going to waste my time correcting people's grammatical errors in a place were you can use smiley faces in your writings without shame
. The internet should be a place for correct use of grammar but I have come to terms with the fact that it is not.

Also, to reiterate my other point, bad grammar does not always mean bad post.

Alas I digress and have posted an off topic post which will never be seen.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bruiex
Dude, check your spelling and grammer.I have only graduated high school but I can write better than that.it is a good idea though that something could be planned like that.

Irony...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
I live in a college community, I recently got to read a term paper from one student"teacher is my friend" so i can't disclose his name....
It was very well researched, and frankly scared the hell outa me...
The student basicaly says if a foriegn or terorist nation/person wished to infiltrate the US with lets say "anthrax" would would be the most effective delivery system.....
This subject went on a bit in his essay, inthe end he had some really scarey, statistics.....
That 2 out of 5 US citizens use or dabble in black market drugs, "mostly marijauna"
I thought this to be crazy at first, then after his follow up, I started realizing how much truth came from him.....
Doing it that way, the USDA, and all forms of gov't testing is skipped, it would go directly to the consumer, which irronically would not admit to ever having.....
I'm sure someone has done real studies on this, I just never thought of it...

You're own government will poison you before any external terrorist does.

They've been doing for years by endorsing pesticides and fluoride.

I wouldn't be surprised if they whip out some kind of Zombie disease for their population reduction goals.

new topics

top topics

join