It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Iran declares war on US"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
what r u high? *pass us some* how the hell do you think the ragheads got on the damn planes...OSMOSIS???

You were the one who posted that statement. Then you went back and edited it, nice. Still, it does not show that we knew that the WTC and the pentagon where the actual targets prior to.

Your posts are rather vague, where is the specific info that I asked for? I wouldn't exactly call them objective as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
your post,

interesting...i was hoping noone would catch onto that, but you did, funny how things dont seem to work out these days

and where am i coming from?
anti-american? why not...give me a good reason, why i should totally distrust the U.S to be up to any good, the oil was a side-dish, who's next?
are you suggesting we all start living the american way? the arabs have left every1 in peace for so long, why mess with the bee-hive now? why not just live and let live...

no ambient, i see where you're coming from, looking at this from your side of it , i only see a hybird, this...will you might have, emanated from a mix of propaganda and confidence.
l
yes, they will take our lives if we mess with them, so why start now?
the U.S just had to launch the war over terror now didn't they, instead of thwarting the attack

let's take the british for instance, anomalies occur, some kids mess around with firecrackers and their agents are on it already...
funny how the U.S has a tendency to "let" things happen no?
ambient, i'm arguing for what i believe is right, i see it WRONG to occupy a foreign country, especially a hostile one at that...
as for my being agressive on the matter, well, the U.S is a threat to all europeans/slavs now that they're on this side of the pond, things wont be back to normal till they're out and somehow i dont think they'll do so till they themselves are under a threat?
the slav
Cyrus

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
what r u high? *pass us some* how the hell do you think the ragheads got on the damn planes...OSMOSIS???

You were the one who posted that statement. Then you went back and edited it, nice. Still, it does not show that we knew that the WTC and the pentagon where the actual targets prior to.

Your posts are rather vague, where is the specific info that I asked for? I wouldn't exactly call them objective as well.

i seriously dislike you, my finding you the links was a favour, and still you call my posts vague?
and besides, i only edited it to add links so people wouldnt gripe...and you still did? wow...ats HAS changed *bites your head off*

and wth...the info you asked for??? yes your rubiness,

dude, seek help.

i bet you're american

*breaks the ignore button*

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Cyrus]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i bet you're american

Yep, bet you are a racist idiot who cannot back up his claims.

Nice how you have exhausted all the proof, that did not prove what you claimed, and now you are turing away from the issue.

It's just as well, I was starting to think that debating with you wasn't worth it.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Cool Hand: "Where are you getting this load of garbage from?

We would be able to take out there AF in a matter of hours. The maintenance record for them is horrible.

I won't even bother bringing up their "navy."

Maybe Canada would be whipped by them, but the US would not. "

Think again. (And yes, Canada would lose, but that wouldn't happen)

meria.idc.ac.il...

"...Major transfers between 1989 and 2000 include at least 104 T-72 tanks from Poland, 422 T-72s from Russia, 413 BMP-2 IFVs from Russia, self-propelled artillery from Russia and 106 artillery pieces from China; small numbers of SA-2 SAMs from China and SA-5 and SA-6 SAMs from Russia; five Mi-17 helicopters, twelve Su-24 strike aircraft, and twenty-four MiG-29 fighters from Russia, and twenty older F-7 fighters from China; ten Houdong-class fast attack craft and C-802 anti-ship cruise missiles from China, three Kilo-class submarines from Russia, and large numbers of wake-homing torpedoes from Russia and advanced naval mines from Russia and China"...

Iran's defensive capabilities are also limited, although the military weakness of its neighbors, its strategic depth, and its non-conventional retaliatory capability offset--to some degree--its conventional weakness. In the event of a conflict with the United States, Iran's air and air defense forces could do little to oppose U.S. airpower, which would roam Iran's skies at will, while its navy (which has been routed by the U.S. Navy in the past) would be rapidly defeated. However, it might succeed in inflicting some losses on U.S. forces and disrupting shipping in the Gulf. Perhaps the most effective weapon in Iran's hands in such a scenario, would be its ability to strike directly at the United States and its interests in the region through subversion and terror. "...

Iran has a significant chemical warfare capability. It is believed to have stockpiled several hundred tons of chemical agents in bulk and weaponized form, including nerve, blister, choking, and blood agents. It produces bombs and artillery rounds filled with these agents, and probably has deployed chemical missile warheads..

The backbone of Iran's strategic missile force consists of 300 North Korean produced Shahab-1 and 100 North Korean produced Shahab-2 missiles (with ranges of 320 km and 500 km respectively) a handful of locally assembled or produced Shahab-3 missiles (with a range of 1,300 km), and some 200 Chinese CSS-8 missiles (with a 150 km range), armed with conventional, and perhaps chemical warheads.(32) Iran is also reportedly working on a Shahab-4 missile (reportedly based on the Soviet SS-4, it is said to have a range of 2,000 km) and a Shahab-5 (reportedly a paper design with an estimated range of 5,000-10,000 km).(33) Iran's missiles can reach major population centers in Israel, Turkey, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and the smaller Arab Gulf states..."

www.au.af.mil...

The Iranian military consists of the army, air force, navy, and a Revolutionary Guard force. Officially about 8% of the country's GDP accounts for defense. This number does not include several arms purchases made in the early 90s. Most recently it is believed that the rising national debt is curtailing some arms acquisitions. Total active duty armed forces numbers 513,000, while reserves add another 350,000.

Iran is almost 4 times the size of Iraq, with a tough terrain involving some of the most formidable mountains and deserts in the world, far worse than what's in Iraq. The population is 3 times as large as Iraq's, and the capital, Tehran, has more than 12 million people (versus 4 million in Baghdad). The young Iranian population provides a potential fighting force of 10 million males.

And you'd better believe they'd all be fighting. They've been waiting for this since the Shah was deposed by the US.

Fight ignorance, yo.

You'd lose. Stretched too thin as it is. I'm not be anti-american, I'm telling you how it is.

jako

ps. I love how you insult Cyrus by saying "Yep, bet you are a racist idiot who cannot back up his claims. "

Yet in this same thread you call Arabs "ragheads" and you back up NO claims.

You're an idiot, but it's funny as hell because you think you're smart. Someone has seriously misled you, pal.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Jakomo]

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Jakomo]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Cool Hand: "Where are you getting this load of garbage from?

Experience

"...Major transfers between 1989 and 2000 include at least 104 T-72 tanks from Poland, 422 T-72s from Russia, 413 BMP-2 IFVs from Russia, self-propelled artillery from Russia and 106 artillery pieces from China; small numbers of SA-2 SAMs from China and SA-5 and SA-6 SAMs from Russia; five Mi-17 helicopters, twelve Su-24 strike aircraft, and twenty-four MiG-29 fighters from Russia, and twenty older F-7 fighters from China; ten Houdong-class fast attack craft and C-802 anti-ship cruise missiles from China, three Kilo-class submarines from Russia, and large numbers of wake-homing torpedoes from Russia and advanced naval mines from Russia and China"...

Do you have any idea what condition any of these items are in? Let's just say they do not do a lof of formation flying and all three subs can not go out at the same time.

PS Reread the threads, I never called them "ragheads." Pay attention when you read, you'll go further in life.

[Edited on 6/4/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I do. Please show me proof that we knew their exact methods, times. and targets. Don't tell me that we had specific intell on the day, targets, etc.

There is no definite proof. Do you think they're going to leave proof just lying around? Unfortunately, you have to look at the strange events surrounding the whole thing, and think for yourself. If you come to the conclusion that everything is nice and simple, and straight forward, you're not thinking, nor doing the research. You want someone to hand you the holy grail on a silver platter?
Good luck. People like you don't often get anything that way. Why don't you just write Bush and ask him? I'm sure he'll be happy to supply all the propaganda you'd apparently like to believe.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There is no definite proof. Do you think they're going to leave proof just lying around? Unfortunately, you have to look at the strange events surrounding the whole thing, and think for yourself. If you come to the conclusion that everything is nice and simple, and straight forward, you're not thinking, nor doing the research. You want someone to hand you the holy grail on a silver platter?
Good luck. People like you don't often get anything that way. Why don't you just write Bush and ask him? I'm sure he'll be happy to supply all the propaganda you'd apparently like to believe.

I disagree, there is definative proof. Unfortunately it does not back up the conspiracy claims that are out there. That is why you do not see much of it here.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
at any rate,

i believe in peace, the U.S'es sudden invasion on this side of the world has too many countries sweating over what's about to come next.
thankfully, russia still maintains enough shove/power to keep the U.S at bay, one hopes NATO doesnt pose too much of a threat.
at any rate, i really think iran's declaring war on the U.S is a catalyst, aimed at making sure the U.S knows that a good majority might support iran if the need may arise,
one only hopes all this occurs in a formal manner, politically perhaps?
i'm pro-slav, and i see my country already facing enough agroe' from the arabs/jews etc... a slavic patriot, go figure

Cyrus

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I disagree, there is definative proof. Unfortunately it does not back up the conspiracy claims that are out there. That is why you do not see much of it here.

Oh yeah? Where? All I see is a bunch of half truths backed by absolutely nothing. None of the suspicious aspects of any of the events have been sufficiently explained away. You're the one asking for proof. If you already have it, why don't you lay it out for us?
You have proof that there's nothing funny going on here, eh? In other words, you'd rather take the propaganda campaign at face value.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
until america decided to go there?

The middle east has been a hotbed for violence and crimes against humanity for alot longer then we've been there. Your point is well made contrary to what other American citizens on here may post. We did not have a legitimate reason for going to Iraq. Colon Powell went in front of the UN security panel and showed off about an hour of information that was as speculatory as half the garbage people on this site come out with. HOWEVER by saying that we started this war with Islam is rediculous. Muslim extremists have declared a holy war against ALL WESTERN IDEAS. This isnt to say that America is the only evil in their eyes, but we are the biggest kids on the block and so who better to start with. Somebody made this statement but i find it interesting that Spain overthrew their government and appeased the terrorists. This is pretty rediculous in and of itself. THE SPANISH PEOPLE decided they didnt want to be involved with us Americans and did what any good democracy would do... CHANGED THEIR GOVERNMENT. That my friends is how democracy works. America may be feeling our oats and throwing our weight around, but the fact of the matter is that if the extremists who are already at war with us had the weight theyd be pushing it around too. The only problem i have with you people is that what you dont understand is what Americans and French didnt understand in Vietnam. Just like the Vietnamese these middle eastern people are willing to fight forever if need be. If we want to properly deal with this threat which is in reality a threat to all free western civilizations then we need to come together and assess it as a group. America CAN NOT go around dropping nuclear weapons and invading foreign powers. To say we have been traveling down the wrong road since post-Clinton isnt really true... since post world war 2 when america decided to keep people all over the world and have a standing army is when we started down the wrong path. Since the Truman Doctrine and the Marshall Plan.

To my fellow men in the rest of the world who are reading this... forgive America for our flaws... the path we choose is not always perfect, it is just the path we choose. Think about that in things your country has done. We are the same... just men trying to live life.

DENY IGNORANCE! The threat is to us all.... and has to be dealt with.

Fruor veritas est fruor opulentia

Forgot that i had something to say about the September 11, 2001 question. The reason that these men were not harrassed when attending flight school or when they got on an airplane was because in America we didnt do that. People have every right to learn how to fly and even to get on an airplane. The idea that there was some foul play and that my uncles lost their lives trying to save people that could have been completely avoided is unfair and like saying that a dinosaur's skin was really purple. What im saying is there is no way to know.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Aero]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
America had 12 warnings of aircraft attack
By Rupert Cornwell

19 September 2002

American intelligence received many more clues before the 11 September attacks than previously disclosed, that terrorists might hijack planes and turn them into weapons, a joint congressional committee was told yesterday.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
concrete proof is hard to come by, the most you'll get is hints, but with these hints, one can formulate an equation, with which, you can debunk virtually all forms of propaganda available today.

point made, enough on that, the non-muslim world is labelled infidel, and therefore, one keeps in mind that islam has left us all alone for over two thousand years?

there are a billion muslims in the world today, as opposed to the 800,million or so christians, and then the numbers generally descend down to buddhism, sikhs, etc...

islam is conquering europe, which creates an interesting hypothesis, there will always be some form of "tribal unit" whether religiously fanatic, or not, that shall try to dominate.
i.e: the jewish race, 1 in every 7 people in new york's a jew?

hmm, this IS interesting, once the world topples the jewish oligarchs controlling the U.S, we are still left with over a billion muslims to deal with just in case they decide to force islam upon us all?

suddenly, religion doesnt seem such an attractive prospect now does it.
Cyrus

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Iran is almost 4 times the size of Iraq, with a tough terrain involving some of the most formidable mountains and deserts in the world, far worse than what's in Iraq. The population is 3 times as large as Iraq's, and the capital, Tehran, has more than 12 million people (versus 4 million in Baghdad). The young Iranian population provides a potential fighting force of 10 million males.

And you'd better believe they'd all be fighting. They've been waiting for this since the Shah was deposed by the US.

What you forget to mention is that their weapon quality is crap, their forces poorly trained and the fact that after 10 years fighting their far smaller neighbour (your words not mine) they got the crap kicked out of them and had to sue for peace.

As for the Iranian population waiting to kick the crap out of the Yanks? The vast majority of Iranians hate their own regime more than the Iraqis hated Saddam. You always come from the viewpoint that you are speaking for the average Arab in the street but you seem to be out of touch with the thinking of the vast majority of them. You place words in the mouths of people whom you know nothing about. I've actually been to Iran, the people there want the ayatollahs gone - they might not like the Americans but to put it as clearly in black and white as you have is the same arrogance as you accuse others of. Chances are that it would be exactly the same scenario as in Iraq with only minor differences.

"Deny ignorace yo"? Where do you get off writing such crap?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Actually Cyrus, I think you are coming from a corner of a former Empire that fell under it's own corruption and failed political system. Like France and Germany, you would rather have your former nationalistic glory than face the fact that you are no longer as important and as feared as you were 20 years ago. If you ask me the only former "Empire" that has relinquished that with any grace and dignity is the United Kingdom.

Your repeated Anti-Semitic diatribes also lead me to believe that you are also sitting on some fu**ed up old-fashioned bigotry there. Now, considering how I feel about bigotry, it tends to call anything else you say into question because of your possible underlying motivation of hate based on race. It's one thing to hate based religion, or idealology, because there is always the hope that the individual you hate can change his mind. However, no one can change their race, so hate on this basis has no reason behind it except hate for hate's sake. I think that is backward and wrong.

In that vein, let me state that I don't hate Arabs, but I am starting to hate Islam a good bit. I hope you understand the difference.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LevellerAs for the Iranian population waiting to kick the crap out of the Yanks? The vast majority of Iranians hate their own regime more than the Iraqis hated Saddam.

If you take out the leaders of Iran, the Iranians will fight the US even if they hated the government of Iran.

Can't you see what's happening right now in Iraq?

You kill one leader another 5 or 6 pop up to take their place.
Some of them may turn out to be worse than Saddam.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Leveller: "What you forget to mention is that their weapon quality is crap, their forces poorly trained and the fact that after 10 years fighting their far smaller neighbour (your words not mine) they got the crap kicked out of them and had to sue for peace. ""

Hey if you actually bothered to read any previous posts in this thread, I said that the Iranian Army was not a 3rd world army like Iraqi had before the latest invasion. Iraq had NO Air Force, no navy, and a ragtag bunch of army regulars.

To invade Iran would be 100 times more difficult than Iraq, which was under crippling sanctions for 12 years and had a completely sub-par military.

And given the current circumstances, with US troops deployed all over the world, the USA would LOSE against Iran. They'd be facing enemies on all fronts.

The U.S. has yet to fight a foe that is even minimally comparable to their military strength, other than WWII, and at that time, you had the rest of the world's help, pretty much.

So get a grip on reality.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Why cant the other Arab countries help out? Saddam was a mad man and they looked the other way. The cant be so dogmatic by their religious ideals that they cant see how anti-everything these regimes are.

Those people are jealous of the USA because we live like kings, i mean obesity is a problem here while poverty is killing them over there. We cant help being the best country ever and they should not hate us for it.

Iran and the US havent been on good terms for a long time and have never been allies. If they start stuff with is we will finish them. Iran has a repressive government and woman have little if any rights. Its not like we are adding territoryto the US, we are changing their government and let the native people decide what they want.

Another attack on us will piss off many and many Americans will volunteer to fight off terrorists and regimes that preach hatred of America.

These oil rich countries under a productive government could flurish.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Cyrus, I cannot STAND your claims that all the problems in the Middle East are due to America! That is so beyond.....just ANY kind of common sense! Seriously man, what the hell? That's fine if you really think that, but if you do, then I'm concerned about you.

There are so many tribes, sects, divisions, groups, enemies and allies, religious affiliations, cultural affiliations, national affiliations etc. WITHIN the region and they all war amongst each other! I can't believe you don't see that. To blame everything on America is just ignorant! You may think the invasion of Iraq was ill-timed or planned, and you know what, I'm not even arguing against you on that. But how can you think we ruined the ME? It's laughable.

Also, your concerns about us westernizing all nations: excuse me............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHU!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, so what are you claiming? Do we shove McDonalds down their throats like a mom does to her baby? Do we force our evil music and movies on them? Do we require of all Arabs a quota that they have to be a certain amount westernized? HA! Ignorance!

Do you even KNOW what western ideals are? It's called a FREE-MARKET ECONOMY or CAPITALISM. Key words: FREE-MARKET.......emphasis on FREE!!!!!!! LOL! Even if we were IMPOSING on them so horribly, they don't HAVE to do ANYTHING related to western culture, because by DEFINITION, western culture promotes freedom for whoever to do whatever they want! In other words, Arabs don't have to touch one happy meal you ignoramus!

So what can you deduct from what's happening? Oh, maybe that some Muslims WANT western trends! Do you know what supply and demand is? If no one in that region WANTED any western music, media, food, clothes, etc. no one would BUY any of it. Therefore, it would GO OUT OF BUSINESS, meaning IT WOULDN'T BE THERE! So BECAUSE western ideals pop up there is testament to the fact that there are actually people who LIKE it! The GOVERNMENTS don't like it because their people taking to western trends means TROUBLE FOR THEIR GREEDY POWER!! That's where the conflict comes in.

How is America wrong for simply displaying her ideals? It's up to everyone on who WANTS them. It's like advertising. We show what we have, and they can take if they want! So if you have trouble with these facts, why don't you join some group of suicide bombers or something to actually put some action into those words you're farting out.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If you already have it, why don't you lay it out for us?
You have proof that there's nothing funny going on here, eh? In other words, you'd rather take the propaganda campaign at face value.

Because I will not post classified information on this, or any other, site that is not secure. When the documents are released to the public you will be able to see that information for yourselves.

I can say this, there was nothing funny going on that day. The fact that you can joke about it shows that you have little regard for the loss of life.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Actually Cyrus, I think you are coming from a corner of a former Empire that fell under it's own corruption and failed political system. Like France and Germany, you would rather have your former nationalistic glory than face the fact that you are no longer as important and as feared as you were 20 years ago. If you ask me the only former "Empire" that has relinquished that with any grace and dignity is the United Kingdom.

Your repeated Anti-Semitic diatribes also lead me to believe that you are also sitting on some fu**ed up old-fashioned bigotry there. Now, considering how I feel about bigotry, it tends to call anything else you say into question because of your possible underlying motivation of hate based on race. It's one thing to hate based religion, or idealology, because there is always the hope that the individual you hate can change his mind. However, no one can change their race, so hate on this basis has no reason behind it except hate for hate's sake. I think that is backward and wrong.

In that vein, let me state that I don't hate Arabs, but I am starting to hate Islam a good bit. I hope you understand the difference.

Juden!! Juden!! Halt!!

who said i had anything against a race?? idiot.

i only have a problem with the jewish oligarchs.(namely...i could name 10 out of the 12 senators for the united states as jewish) see? moron

as for my having a problem with a race, well...yes, i do have a problem with the american race simply because they would rather aid other countries into complete ruin that spend a dime in any justifiable way that would remotely signify the word "aid".

those trillions could have been spent making the world better. idiot.

as for supporting the jewish oligarchs, well, there's a reason why so many of them were kept far from the cities, even in the ukraine? a bit like gypsies, only, since i'm white, i suppose i am automatically labelled racist? perhaps i am..only i still dont know it?
*sigh*
you MORON!! try and come up with a suitable outlet for your anger, instead of labelling me racist, i am a perfectionist, and i like to keep my arguments up to scratch, you're a jew? do i care if you hate islam

in fact, let me put it this way...i support islam as long as the U.S stops battering our side of the pond, but the minute that's done i'll turn on the muslims since they're bound to eradicate all of us (lil bastards).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join