It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Emanuel Spoke Directly With Blagojevich About Senate Seat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Rahm Emanuel, President-elect Obama's chief of staff, had direct discussions with Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich about Obama's vacant Senate seat, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

Sources with knowledge of the conversations told the Sun- Times Emanuel spoke with the governor and pushed for the appointment of Valerie Jarrett in the days after the presidential election and asked that it be done by a certain date.

The sources said Blagojevich told aides about conversations with Emanuel and sometimes gave them directions afterward. Some conversations between Blagojevich and Emanuel were likely caught on tape, the sources said.

link: www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 19-12-2008 by paxnatus]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
"Mr Emanuel has refused to comment on the case to date, among media speculation over whether he should have reported any improper demand from Mr Blagovejich to federal authorities."

What do you think? If Rahm is completely innocent, then why would he not report this corruption to the Feds. Because he is into this up to his neck!

Do you honestly think at this point and time Obama is not aware of everything
Emanuel is doing? If he were the 'stand up' kind of guy that all Obama supporters are claiming, then he would have alerted the authorities long before Blago went down. Why did Obama not say anything? For all those who say "because he didn't know" I'm sorry, I'm not buying it! Emanuel has been involved in the 'Chicago machine' for too long to not be in deep. Obama knew this when he put him in office.

For all the ATSer's living in the area could you please shed some light on Rahm's background?

Truthfully only time will tell, but does this look good for the one who will soon be POTUS? Scandal seems to swarm around Obama. Is he going to be able to miss 'this' hit?

www.ft.com...

Thanks for your time,
Pax

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This story just keeps getting deeper. The Obama camp has not done themselves any favors here. They are backpedaling into oblivion and are creating their own personal storm of controversy.

Blago is going to take many people down with his ship.

Blago the bookie has made a lot of connections over the years and this will get bloody.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Given the info in the above story, I can't believe anything that would come out of Obama's mouth regarding his lack of knowledge about anything related to Blago. Many years of whispers and rumors in Chicago and Obama never heard a thing. I highly doubt it.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more!! The question then is how deep does this go?
Who is going down with Blago? We know that Blago had mob connections and I believe Rahm does too! What about Obama. He was a nobody, no one knew his name when he was involved in local Chicago politics. how then does a no name guy, who has done nothing his entire political career rise to the highest office in the land?

Perhaps he was selected years ago, and groomed for this very position?

Who knows? and will we ever? I'm starting to believe that money CAN buy anything, including the White House!!

Excellent thread and video Jibeho!!
Really brought new light into how
connected the political machine in Chicago is to organized crime!! How can anyone beat the mob?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
And who is surprised here?

Obama, even if not directly, has his hands pretty deep in this whole mess. The very fact that his chief of staff was directly involved speaks volumes about him as well.

I mean this man is Obama's right hand man?

It's Chicago politics at it's best, and it's coming to a national level now with Obama.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
But where is the foul? All the articles I've read said Emanuel talked to him about the seat and that he suggested names that he would like to have in there; I haven't seen any evidence that he put money on the table. In fact wasn't that the reason Blagojevich was pissed in the first place with Obama? He wouldn't be getting "anything in return" for the seat?

About the only thing you can say "Aha!" about is the fact that Obama's aids previously said that "Emanuel didn't talk to anyone about the seat" and now it's come to pass that he did, but so far he hasn't done anything illegal. So I'll save my moaning for another time.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by davion]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by davion

Well, how ethical is it to insist on a certain contender, by a certain date?

"Sources with knowledge of the conversations told the Sun- Times Emanuel spoke with the governor and pushed for the appointment of Valerie Jarrett in the days after the presidential election and asked that it be done by a certain date."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
What do you think? If Rahm is completely innocent, then why would he not report this corruption to the Feds. Because he is into this up to his neck!

It's only corruption if he offered to pay. LOT'S of people called and e-mailed and asked the Governor to consider such and such.

Do you honestly think at this point and time Obama is not aware of everything Emanuel is doing?

Is He God now?

If he were the 'stand up' kind of guy that all Obama supporters are claiming, then he would have alerted the authorities long before Blago went down.

If he knew anything, yes.

Why did Obama not say anything? For all those who say "because he didn't know" I'm sorry, I'm not buying it!

Darn. Hoist by my own petard. And I was so counting on that sale to feed my family.

Emanuel has been involved in the 'Chicago machine' for too long to not be in deep. Obama knew this when he put him in office.

Or not. Unless of course, you live in the area and have first hand knowledge.

For all the ATSer's living in the area could you please shed some light on Rahm's background?

Oh. Guess not.

Truthfully only time will tell...

I'm so glad to see you admit that in the very post you claimed otherwise.

Thanks for your opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

That's not illegal though. I'd imagine it's part of politics, someone's seat is up for grabs and then people start pushing to get themselves or someone they know into the seat, because Blagojevich is the only one that can appoint someone to the position. It's similar to Obama and every other president before him picking his cabinet and the people around him, you don't think he's getting calls and e-mails 24/7 with people on the other end trying to push for a job?

It's just when money starts changing hands that it gets shady, and so far Emanuel hasn't been accused of anything like that.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by davion]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well, how ethical is it to insist on a certain contender, by a certain date?

It would be considered campaign malpractice to do otherwise.

How do you think Bush, Delay, Rove and Gingrich handled similar matters in the past?

Hoped for the best?

I heart how PollyAnna the opposition gets when they lose. That goes both ways.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Everyone is saying that communication between different offices regarding a vacancy such as this is normal. That is common knowledge and common practice. Everyone is trying to jockey for position. I am fine with that.

However, why would Obama and company blatantly deny any contact when everyone knows that such contact is customary. As more and more is revealed about this case more and more of the true Obama is revealed. Opaque is the new Transparency I suppose. Must me a new trend that I missed.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well you and I know the answer to that Jibeho, because they have to. In order to fan the flames in the other direction they must distance themselves
as far away from this ugliness as possible. Of course Obama
Knows exactly what was said by Rham to Blago he is in it with him. The truth will come out eventually, it always does.

Now for all those who say obama was not aware of what was being said between Blago and Emanuel, I say this; why not? When the dirt started coming out about Blago, rhambo had to be upfront with Obama about his conversations whether there was any wrong doing or not. He could not risk this coming back on the President elect. What is the best way to get people to look the other way? Be on the offense make the first move. The best way to keep people from looking at you as guilty
is to be the one pointing the finger and accusing them of the very thing you are guilty of. Why was it Rham who tipped authorities off, and not someone else more involved? Did Blago cross him or Daly, or for that matter you can ask yourself, what does Blago have on Obama? I do believe he has something!

[edit on 20-12-2008 by paxnatus]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You like to repeat yourself don't you? And never answer a thing on topic.

The minute you get called out, just repeat the mantra!!!

How sad.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Article11
You like to repeat yourself don't you? And never answer a thing on topic.

The minute you get called out, just repeat the mantra!!!

How sad.

Yes you really are! Not one time in any thread have I seen you post one source of information, to back up anything you have said. Wait a minute, I get it, YOU haven't said ANYTHING!! Just petty,
Childish attacks! I find most of what you post to be tripe, and too ridiculous to respond to.Please, if you have something other than your blindsided opinions to espouse, then by all means feel free. If not,
Then perhaps below top secret would be more your speed.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I find most of what you post to be tripe, and too ridiculous to respond to.

Yes, that whole Federal Investigator thing taking over and making Obama say nothing everyone knows about is really hard to respond to without a fifth link to it. I get it.

You have nothing to say to reality.

new topics

top topics

join