It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA panoramas - evidence of faked moon landing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hello there,

i found this anomaly on a german blog.

Just look a the two panoramas which are obviously showing the same horizon, but incredible differences on the landscape. This is simply impossible:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Am I missing something here? How can this be?

[edit on 18-12-2008 by ilali]

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Thu Dec 18 2008 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ilali

Two panoramic views taken from different locations. Note that the source frames for each composite are different.

117:47:43 Jack's 4 O'clock EVA-1 LM Pan ( 465k )

Jack took this pan from a position northeast of the LM. Gene is powering up the Rover and is out of sight on the far side of the LM. The frames are AS17-147- 22492 to 22521

120:48:56 ALSEP pan. LSG, Jack's shadow, (West) Family Mountain, LSPE antenna. Frames 22569 to about 22588 are a pan Jack took at the ALSEP site.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

The photos in the first panorama were taken from very near the LM. The photos in the second panorama were taken three hours later at the site of the ALSEP, 185 meters away from the LM (WNW). The LM does appear in both panoramas, one "in your face", and the other in the middle distance.

Here is the overhead view of the site ralphaeschliman.com...

Here is a list of the features in the panoramas.
Bear Mountain
East Massif
Family Mountain
Lincoln Scarp
North Massif
Sculptured Hills
South Massif

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Good find.

Sure looks fishy to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i did notice the change in perspective. but look at the pile of rocks sticking out of the landscape on the far right of image 2. In the first image, it should be somewhere near the lunar rover. i cannot find it there...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Once again, Phage gains the upper hand
Nice catch Phage. When I read the headline of the thread I thought to myself, O JOY! another question to answer or evidence to be debunked (I am not a total skeptic, I still have ?'s)
Then I see the two panoramas and think, same line of sight and almost the same angle. One is closer to the mountains than the other.

I then proceed to scroll down and who has posted? Phage. Why do you always beat me to it Phage?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Where I live, there are some small mountains about 5 km from me. If I take a picture of those mountains from my front door, I will end up with a picture with my front yard in the foreground and the mountains in the background.

If I then walk about 100 meters to my neighbor's house and take a picture of those mountains from his front porch, I will see a totally different foreground (my neighbor's yard) but the mountains 5 km away will look almost exactly the same as they did in the background of the first picture.

That's exactly what happened here.

[edit on 12/18/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
ok i have zoomed in on another part of those images:

there is stuff missing..

(image tags)

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilali

there is stuff missing..

You are looking at the wrong rock. The large rock in the upper photo was called "geophone rock". It is about 65 meters south of where the ALSEP panorama was taken from.

In the pan from the ALSEP location, geophone rock appears far to the right side of the pan. The rock you think is missing appears almost at the right edge of the pan.

Here is a map of the ALSEP site showing geophone rock and the location of the panoramic shot (and the nearby rock) as well as the location of the pan at the LM

[edit on 12/18/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nice work Phage!You rock! and even know your rocks!
The whole staged moon landing conspiracy thing reminds me of my son when he was a toddler he would stage brushing his teeth by running the water and wasting tooth paste on the brush,but I would smell his breath and he was busted!I told him with all the time and effort he spent faking it, he could have actually brushed his teeth!
The whole staged moon thing is just a no brainer in my opinion.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by flyingfish]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I was watching through a telescope near manitou springs colorado and saw the module when it left the moon perimeter. Also heard on the portable radio at the same time of the events allowing for delay of radio signal. Say all you want, it happened

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Well I see phage beat me to it, but to pile on and help erase any lingering doubt, here's what happens when you put the two panoramas side by side - you get an unintentional 3d stereoimage of the mountains in the background. If this were a fake backdrop being reused for multiple "scenes" it would be perfectly flat and 2d. Instead, we see the 3d shape of a mountain, proving that apollo was real.

i319.photobucket.com...

This is a cross eye stereoimage - cross your eyes until the images overlap and you'll see the mountain in 3d. This proves that the images really were shot some distance apart, hence the different foregrounds. This created a suitable baseline for a stereoimage of distant mountains. It therefore confirms apollo.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
thanks for your help.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The Americans went to the moon , Its an alien landscape, light reflects differently than it does on the earth, there were tens of thousands of highly skilled men and women involved in the whole programme, the Russians watched every progressive move the Americans made, if the russians were convinced 40 years ago than we should be now. !!!

top topics

join