It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Government and 'Internet Slime'-He's talking about you..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
www.ft.com...

www.ft.com...

Gideon Rachman of the Financial Times bitches and whines how he got 'abuse e-mails' after his article calling for a world government was published.What does he expect flowers and chocolates?

Take a look,1 st link and the the actual article- second link.He could always go on Oprah..Candy

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
www.ft.com...

www.ft.com...

okay ,hope these links work,fingers crossed

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Gideon Rachman's blog:
I knew that there was something odd going on, when I woke up at 7am on Tuesday and found that over 200 e-mails had arrived in the seven hours that I had been in bed. It turned out that my article on world government had been "Drudged" - ie put on the much-read Drudge Report and this had set off a torrent of e-mail traffic.
The pace of comments - and their vituperative tone - persuaded the blog-masters here to shut down the comments section on that article pretty quickly.

So the ‘blog-masters’ figured ‘let’s not listen to the response our readers have’ cause that evidently is too much to ask from the well-spoken author. His opinion is probably too valuable to be offset by the reaction people had to his views on one-world government.

…the whole experience has given me an insight into the mindset of the gun-toting, bible-bashing, nationalistic bit of the United States.

Wow, nice. So now, if you enjoy Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms; or care intensely about the notion of preserving national sovereignty, you are ‘one of those’ American, in his view.

He concludes (as if his judgment were the definitive statement on reality):

1) There is an unbelievable amount of anger and hatred out there - directed at everything from the United Nations to big business to Barack Obama. These people can read, but they cannot think.

I suppose that his incredulity about ‘the anger out there’ is a reflection of his ‘satisfaction’ that the world is as it should be, and one world government is the ‘normal’ direction we should all be welcoming. In his world, the ‘anger’ is a negative manifestation of ignorant people. Evidently there is no reason to be angry. No doubt his comment section is supposed to reflect that as being the accepted consensus of his readership – no dissent allowed.

2) The "End of Days" crowd is very strong. I would say that about a third of the e-mails I got referred me to the Book of Revelations - in which, apparently, it is all foretold. In an idle moment, I e-mailed one of my correspondents back and said that I have never read Revelations, since I am an atheist. Big mistake.

While not a member of this group, I suppose it must be ‘tiresome’ to be exposed to their opinions, since he cannot muster the respect necessary to concede that their opinions are as valid as those who believe in ‘one-world government.’ I have to agree that revealing himself to be an atheist was a mistake. What we each believe is our own affair, to announce it will spark responses, particularly one’s you probably wouldn’t normally entertain. But that’s OK, the blog-masters can make those opinions vanish.

3) There are a lot of people who believe not only that global warming is a hoax but that it is actually a conspiracy. The fact that the most influential reports on climate change have been produced by an intergovernmental panel (IPCC) - sponsored by the UN - fuels this theory. The idea is that the UN is perpetuating a climate-change hoax, to provide an excuse to impose a world government on America. I'm all part of it apparently.

Well, well. So the whole carbon-credit revenue flow scam doesn’t rate mentioning herein. I suppose the nice thing about the global warming ‘non-hoax’ is that we will never know, as long as they have it their way. When it doesn’t happen they will claim to have ‘saved us all.’ Gee – thanks.

4) I can see what Obama means by referring to "bitter" people clinging to guns and religion. And clinging is the word. Several people informed me that I would only remove their guns "from my cold, dead hands".

“bitter” – those who have faith and freedom are ‘bitter’ about the support he voices for the diminishment of the national construct that provides them with that freedom. I wonder why?

But something positive has also come out of this experience. If the newspaper industry really goes down the pan …

Too late. Journalism is dead. And people like him killed it with their ideologically based pontification and presentation of canned facts spun to the liking of the editors, or you would have no voice at all.

… I now have a business plan. I will claim to be a former member of the Bilderberg/Illuminati/Council on Foreign Relations/UN/Zionist establishment and write a book revealing the inside story of a plot to form a world government. It will sell millions.

I wouldn’t bank on that; especially since you tipped your hand on how you will ‘exploit’ your position for profit. But then, isn’t that what you do for a living?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Max ,why bother?He's obviously infinately superior to the likes of us-that's why he called us internet slime.Well I say,Gideon Rachman is Finanicial Times deritus.

He reminds me of media people who,everytime they have to talk about the subject of UFOs preface the report by laughing heartily(therefore proving they are not a UFO nut as they find it FUNNY)and playing X Files music.

I will now be ladylike and say that I would'nt pee on Gideon Rachman if he was on fire,thanks for replying Max .I like your posts,they're always intelligent and a good read.
Yours Candy -fellow slimer

new topics

top topics

join