It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sin-Eating, Fallen Angels, and Vampires: A perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I watched "The Order" starring the late Heath Ledger (may he r.i.p.) and found it to be surprisingly controversial; controversial to the point that I am astonished this movie even saw the light of day. In it, they expose the almost unheard practice of sin-eating, which is shown to be a ritual where some poor soul goes to the bedside of the dying, and with the use of powerful incantations, effectively "eats" the sins of the dying, ensuring the dying a clean soul at death. What's the word on this practice?

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Privy_Princess]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Just when you think you have heard it all, up comes something else!

It is bad enough to digest ones own sins, much less munch out on someone elses!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The movie was a good one and it was based on the belief that this ritual actually exsisted. However, it would seem like a far fetched thing. I mean the sin eater would in essance be selling his/her soul to the devil. Picking money over eternal reward.

Where the chink in this armor appears (to me anyways) is if the sin eater doesn't believe in God. Then he would be, in essance, liberating the person of sin and not afraid of the consequences.

This is where I have to say that any practioners may be the theif in the night. I mean, what type of return polocy is there... The person who had the sin eaten is dead...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

Exactly. This obviously a supernatural God-like ability that we humans are NOT supposed to perform or be privy to. Sounds like cheating to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Well, if he doesn't believe in God then he wouldn't believe in sin. It would seem to me you would have to believe in it to perform the ritual. I dunno...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Sin eating???Strange!!!
My question would be,do they get offered a dessert and is a breathmint present at the time of the sin eating??

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Oh, I forgot to add that it appears to be that the pay-off of eating sins is not aging. And what's with the use of bread and salt? I admit the topic alone makes me uneasy. Feels like we're treading on God's classified info. If you believe what's written in Enoch,there are SINful actions allowed in Heaven only! It's like staying away from the cookie jar. If you do, you'll get a cookie.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Well the whole crux of the movie was Heath got *tricked* into becoming the sin eater himself. It was like a curse - Heath thought he was destroying the sin eater abomination but in actuality was becoming it himself.

Anyhow that's the movie - you make good points as to why someone would choose this profession unless there is some divine power that keeps the sin eater safe. Sounds maybe more like angel work.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I heard somewhere that before vampires were vampires, they were sin eaters, back in the day they used to leave food on the dying (or in some cases the deceased) so that when the sin eater came there would be nutrients for him/her/it

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by Jkd Up

Well, if he doesn't believe in God then he wouldn't believe in sin. It would seem to me you would have to believe in it to perform the ritual. I dunno...

Do I have to believe in God to go to a service? Does one untilamtly have to believe to make it happen, I was talking about the ultimate fraud. I'll eat your sins for the right price... you die and hey... You're on your own.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Privy_Princess
reply to post by Jkd Up

Oh, I forgot to add that it appears to be that the pay-off of eating sins is not aging. And what's with the use of bread and salt? I admit the topic alone makes me uneasy. Feels like we're treading on God's classified info. If you believe what's written in Enoch,there are SINful actions allowed in Heaven only! It's like staying away from the cookie jar. If you do, you'll get a cookie.

This leads me to another question, was the book of Enoch actually approved by the church?

It was an interesting book, I liked it much betterr than the Book of the Dead.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Yep. More like fallen angel work. Seems like the heavenly angels would be under jurisdiction to have people pay for their own sins. Of couse there may be special cases in which God allows it to occurr, but all the fat cats in the movie were most likely reprieved by the "other" side.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

No, Enoch is not approved reading by the church. However, oddly enough, more recent texts quoting Enoch are approved. One being the New Testament.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bandaidctrl
I heard somewhere that before vampires were vampires, they were sin eaters, back in the day they used to leave food on the dying (or in some cases the deceased) so that when the sin eater came there would be nutrients for him/her/it

Hey, now that's interesting. Opens up a whole avenue of new questions. Such as, "could vampires essentially be falen angels?"

And why do vampires crave blood? For adrenaline? What do angels drink in heaven? Blood?

Angels have been described as being pale, fiery-eyed, cloaked figures with superhuman strengh and abilities, which interestingly enough coincides with the new "look" of vampires.

Then of course there is the "irresistable" factor that both angels and vampires both have. The female persuasion can't get enough of them.

And of course, where do vampires visit you? At your bedside! Same with angels! In the bible, angels almost always relay messages during nightfall. One could even say.....twilight? lol

Are we as a people getting closer to the time of truth and awakening that the powers that be are allowing us glimpses as to some sort of real truth???

Could turning someone into a vampire essentially be the same thing as making someone a sin-eater?

Elites have been known to have a history of blood disease. Maybe they are in fact derived from fallen angels/vampires and that's why they crave blood.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Okay, got this from this page:

Heaven says sin eating was an ancient tradition, practiced in many countries of the world, and integrated into the Catholic ritual of the last rites. It is supposedly derived from the 'scapegoat' described in Leviticus xvi. (vs21 and 22), where the wrongdoings of another are transferred to an innocent. In the Hebrew ritual of the scapegoat, Aaron confessed all the sins of the children of Israel on the Day of Atonement, above the head of a live goat, that was then sent out into the wilderness to die, symbolically bearing their sins. As a shamanic tradition, a sin eater would be employed by the family of a deceased person, or sometimes by the Church, to eat a last meal of bread and salt from the belly of the corpse as it lay in state. By so doing it was believed that the sins of the dead person would be absorbed and the deceased would have clear passage to the hereafter. Apparently the sin eater was sometimes called in to absorb the sins of a living person—and that sounded like driving out demons.

Ok. Scapegoat. Got that? Now read this from here:

While the Authorized King James Version of the Bible uses
the phrase 'the scapegoat' in verse eight from the sixteenth
chapter of the Book of Leviticus, in certain other English
Bibles, I have been told that this phrase is translated as
'Azazel'. In other words, in those Bibles, verse eight ends
with the phrase 'the other lot for Azazel'; it does not end
with 'the other lot for the scapegoat'. This is because the
actual Hebrew word used here is 'Azazel'; which means entire
removal, or scapegoat. This is the only verse in the entire
Authorized King James Version of the Bible where Azazel is
even mentioned. It is interesting to note that it also means
dubious or doubtful. As you will see in a moment, this is an
important point as well.

So exactly who is Azazel? According to the information found
in the apocryphal work, the Book of Enoch, Genesis chapter
six, the Epistle of Jude, and the Epistle of Peter, we are
given the understanding that, along with Semjaza, he was one
of the leaders of a band of some two hundred Fallen Angels
who rebelled against the Lord's authority; and who descended
to the Earth, in order to have sexual intercourse with the
beautiful daughters of men.

As I discuss in detail in such articles as 'Nephilim: The
Giants of Genesis', and also in 'The Book Of Enoch: Truth Or
Heresy?', this ungodly union resulted in the birth of a race
of giants, who have also been referred to as the Nephilim,
from the Hebrew word 'nephiyl'. This word itself is derived
from yet another Hebrew word; that is, 'naphal', pronounced
naw-fal', which means to fall, to lie, to be cast down, or
to fail. It is for this reason that these beings of old are
also often referred to as the Fallen Ones, or as the Old
Ones. Consider the following verses found in the Book of
Genesis, and in the Book of Enoch:

Interesting similarites, huh? Coincidence? I THINK NOT. There is definitely a connection here.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So, what am I trying to get at here? It's simple. The ancient tradition of sin-eating is linked with the scapegoating legend. And who is the "scapegoat"? The fallen angel, Azazel. He, among other fallen angels taught humans (women) all kinds of forbidden arts. Arts that God did not want humans at the time to be knowledgeable of. Could it be that sin-eating was taught to humans by Azazel and therefore that's why he was punished into being the "scapegoat"? It's just a little working theory of mine.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

hello dear friend can you plz tell me the name of the book heath ledgar is looking in when he visits the ancient library in rome, I have collected all those books which do not exsists and this is the last one i need to find.... I need the name of the book where heath learns about salt eaten from the body.... the old man in the library shows heath a book about sin eating, I really would like to know the name of it...

plz contact me at youtube tachyon55555 or send me an email at [email protected]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
OK - Ready for a new perspective? One not based on superstitious fear? I am a sin eater. First - it is not a fiction. Second - Yahshua is the true sin eater - the scape goat. Do some research. He rode into town as ... the scape goat. He became the bread and the wine of the Passover. The sin eater comes down to us from ancient religions - including Judaism and Christianity - and prior to that Sumeria (Abraham and Sarah). Yashua has made his true believers a royal priest hood. On earth - He gave the power to forgive sins to His people. Not just a pope or catholic priest. A sin eater is simply one who aids the living into salvation through Yahshua, using rituals designed to point them in that direction. they serve as a mediator between Heaven and Earth. And yes - they do eat the sins of the dead. Primarily as an appeal (see hebrew rites) to the Highest Priest (Yahshua) and as an aid to the living. The largest role of the sin eater is to give hope to those who believe they have been cast away by God and the church - who see their sins as so great as to be unforgivable. AND - believers- get rid of silly superstitions - all sin (excepting the one) can be forgiven (and this is the hope of the sin eater and priest. Otherwise the priest (including Yahshua) would forever remain sinful. For He took on our sin, and yet it was counted unto Him as holiness. Live for ever- Yes - only in Yahshua. Not as some old aged foul smelling human or vampire (come on). The sin eater turns to the Most High and brings the pain and weight to Him. Trully, no man is able to carry the weight of their own sin let alone that of others.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up

Originally posted by Privy_Princess
reply to post by Jkd Up

This leads me to another question, was the book of Enoch actually approved by the church?

It was an interesting book, I liked it much betterr than the Book of the Dead.

I have a problem with some person being given the right to tell me what I am allowed to read and what I can not read.

If they can read it and come away with their own interpretation and truth then I have the ability to do the same. If it is the word of God and he wishes it known who has the right to keep it from the people.

If it is contrived nonsense being used to control and manipulate then I can understand why some books would be kept hidden or destroyed.

They can't have it both ways. That is part of the reason that the Bible is subject to such criticism. So much of it has been deleted and changed to accommodate the message of the one who thinks he is in charge that the whole thing ends of being a jumble mix of contradictions that any one with the ability to think for himself/herself and reason finds the book suspect.

Flame on.

new topics

top topics

join