It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Mint Plans to mint a medal in HONOR OF HENRY PAULSON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

US Mint Plans to mint a medal in HONOR OF HENRY PAULSON

www.cfa.gov

In its meeting of 20 November, the Commission of Fine Arts reviewed the design of three proposed medals: a Congressional Gold Medal honoring Tony Blair, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom; a medal honoring Henry Paulson, Secretary of the Treasury; and a medal honoring your service as Director of the United States Mint.

The Commission members expressed dissatisfaction with the design of the medal honoring Mr. Blair and requested that it be revised and resubmitted, commenting that his
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-12-2008 by ModernAcademia]

Mod Edit: To fix the title

[edit on 17-12-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't know, perhaps i'm looking too deep into this.
But that article should be studied.

For the medal honoring Secretary Paulson, the Commission also recommended revision. The Commission members commented favorably on the likeness of the Secretary on the obverse, but for the reverse they recommended further study, commenting that the multiplicity of elements should be simplified. They said that the inclusion of a falcon, along with the eagle in the U.S. seal, is confusing and suggested eliminating it in order to focus on the symbols of his federal service; alternatively, the image of the Treasury building or the seals could be removed to allow a clearer treatment of the remaining elements.

www.cfa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

WTF? The wording in that article so genuinely weird that it took me a second read to get it. How the hell is Paulson a hero? To me he is one of the people responsible for this mess.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Paulson a hero?

Sorry for this announcement but I think I am going to vomit.

join