It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reality of the alien ufo phenomena unmasked – theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I want to start off by saying over the last 4-5 months my belief in aliens has dwindled quite a lot. I have been a rather large believer in these sorts of things but I recently grew up!

Now after pondering about the true reality of all these alien events – Roswell etc, I’ve come up the a more logical theory as to what’s really going on or more to the point what was going on.....From what I understand (and please correct me if I’m mistaken on any of these points)

In 1947 a ufo crashed and was reported in the papers to be a flying saucer

It is claimed through witness testimony of dead bodies – humanoid

In the early 40’s the atomic bomb was first being developed – the testing sites were in New Mexico

As early as the 50’s there have been ufo sightings reported matching the flying saucer description

This is the theory, The flying saucer that crashed in Roswell was a military project just like the atomic bomb , only more secret. The occupants were those of dead pilots. The reason it crashed was for the same reason test projects crash. All ufo’s today, that is, all saucer type ufos are military projects. Where did the technology come from? – where did the V2 rocket come from – the human mind

So then why Roswell, well Roswell’s very close to the atomic bomb testing area. Not close close....but close enough that if a military craft was flying from the testing sight and had a malfunction, it could have crash landed in that area.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
I want to start off by saying over the last 4-5 months my belief in aliens has dwindled quite a lot. I have been a rather large believer in these sorts of things but I recently grew up!

The kids...they grow up so fast! Brings a tear to my eye.

In all seriousness, your theory on Roswell is similar to alternative theories that have been circulating for a few years now. On a History Channel program, they forwarded a theory that pilots injured in a crash and suffering from tremendous head swelling may be responsible for the stories of aliens (perhaps someone with a better memory that me can fill in the details). In his Body Snatchers In the Desert claims the bodies were of Japanese POWs the US government had performed experiments on.

I hope this newfound skepticism grows, Andre, and that you keep looking into alternative explanations for the UFO phenomenon. Even if aliens are not driving it, there is still a lot that can be learned. I am sure you will find that sometimes the alternative, "mundane" explanations can be just as interesting as "aliens."

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
What is interesting is the German "bell" experiment. It made animals put into it rather sick, according to Jim Marrs' book "the fourth reich".

It was rumored the "bell" attempted to manipulate the forces of gravity.

Perhaps the alien-looking creature in Roswell was actually a deformed human, a test pilot that crashed the military flying saucer. He was deformed due to the nature of the craft if it shares any technology with the bell.

UFOs? Yes.

As for aliens... sigh... complete lack of evidence. Fiction.

It is a logical conclusion that UFO sightings could very well be military craft experiments.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I find it incredibly refreshing that a much more rational theory regarding the UFO phenemenon is being discussed here. It has always been my opinion that the alien aspect of UFO sightings were/are a contrived distraction from highly advanced government aircraft testing and deployment. After many years of research and study it seems obvious to me that this is the case.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There was an article in UFO magazine by Paul Smith a known remote viewer. He did mention something in this article about Japanese atomic blast survivors supposedly from Japan when they were bombed. I don't recall the rest of the story, but think it did have a more human oriented military aspect to it than an ET craft version.

Another mention of this story somehwere was that the crash was somehwere else and never even happened at Roswell as if some diversion.

As some also say, many military agencies aren't aware of what the others are doing when it's classified. Their disinformation and similar tactics have evolved over time, whatever the source of the technologies.

I still have doubts from what I've been through that these are all purely human technologies we call UFOs. I remain skeptical the truth is ever being told.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Having seen UFOs myself, I prefer the ET origin explanation despite its unpopularity (well, at least in areas other than conspiracy websites). I've always figured the Roswell crash to be of extraterrestrial origin given that Roswell in 1947 was the location of the first and only atomic bomb squadron and any spacefaring ET species would be incredibly curious about mankind's recent penchant for mass destruction. Self-defense sounds like a good resaon to study us, so I've went with that explanation. These beings got a little too close and were either shot down or malfunctioned and crashed accidentally in their pursuit of intelligence gathering.

Some people also "grow up" to actually start believing in ET origin of UFOs or at least the possibility that ET origin could be the answer. The U.S. military's own debunker Dr. J. Allen Hynek went from complete skeptic to somebody who wouldn't discount an ET hypothesis after having researched the subject for much of his life. Clyde Tombaugh, the astronomer who found Pluto also later came to believe UFOs had an extraterresrial origin. Although he had a more direct reason after having observed them on multiple occassions.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Frith]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Having seen UFOs myself, I prefer the ET origin explanation...

Some of us who have sightings do not jump to the conclusion that aliens are behind it, or driving the phenomenon.

...any spacefaring ET species would be incredibly curious about mankind's recent penchant for mass destruction. Self-defense sounds like a good resaon to study us, so I've went with that explanation.

Self-defense from what?

Have you heard of the Sentinelese? They are among the most isolated people on the planet, inhabiting just one island in the Andaman archipelago off the coast of India. Javelins and arrows represent the pinnacle of Senitelese technology. All but trapped on their island, they are an allegory for humans in the galaxy.

Any spacefaring race would look upon us much the same way we look upon the Sentinelese. They would consider us developing atomic weapons no more of a threat than we would the Sentinelese if they developed rifles.

These beings got a little too close and were either shot down or malfunctioned and crashed accidentally in their pursuit of intelligence gathering.

So, these creatures which supposedly abduct people at night without the neighbors noticing, let us get ahold of a crashed ship and dead bodies? There's no logic there.

Some people also "grow up" to actually start believing in ET origin of UFOs or at least the possibility that ET origin could be the answer.

While the men you mentioned did come to be convinced that extraterrestrials are visiting the Earth, they never lost their grounding in skepticism. Not to speak for Andre, but I think that is where he is heading. Even if you are convinced, a healthy dose of skepticism can only help you.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It is refreshing that the OP is thinking, the cultivation of his own ideas have taken root. That’s empowering, good for you Andre18. I’m of the opinion ‘whatever gets you though the day’. The fact is; most people flop back and forth depending on the direction of the wind. They vote for who they are told to vote for, they wear what television tells them to wear, listen to the music that their friends tell them is ‘cool’, proclaim American cars are junk because they read it on Yahoo news. I personally disagree with Andre18 on this point, I think the US government would be implementing this technology by now if it was that far along in 1947. It is however a plausible point. I am in the minority but I believe there is elements of truth in Lt. Col. Corso’s testimony. I applaud Stanton Friedman’s tireless efforts over the years to uncover what has been buried for so many years. Truth is; we may never know what happened in July 1947, but part of the fun is wondering. We all have the right to formulate our own opinions.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Some of us who have sightings do not jump to the conclusion that aliens are behind it, or driving the phenomenon.

I’m sorry, but what part of Frith’s post indicates that he/she ‘jumped’ to this conclusion? Believe it or not, many of us in the UFO community actually devote a lot of time studying the phenomenon. Listening to both sides of the argument, drawing conclusions based on data complied from hours of research. Not all of us are the ‘nuts’ portrayed by the mainstream media. I happen to personally know a great deal of intelligent, well respected people from all walks of life that spend a good deal of their lives educating themselves on the phenomenon so that they CAN come to logical conclusions based on the data.

Again, I’m okay with skeptics I really am, but it annoys me when I read condescending comments like that. The reality is there is nothing in that post to indicate that Frith JUMPED to this conclusion.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by TheDarkHorse]

fixed quotes

[edit on 12/18/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
In my personal accounts of a UFO and strange phenomena in my life all i can say is I've taken the Alien tech side. Here's why. So far as we know, in 1954, our technology in flying aircraft was seriously not even close to what we have now.

I'll kept asking this question over and over again till I'm blue in the face...and even though it may never get answered, I'll never rule out the military completely.

-What military/scientific tech in 1977-78 could we have that could hover near silently 2 stories above the ground?

If this is military, how could we have gotten the tech to produce it so early when we just barely out of the Vietnam War??

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

This is the theory, The flying saucer that crashed in Roswell was a military project just like the atomic bomb , only more secret. The occupants were those of dead pilots. The reason it crashed was for the same reason test projects crash. All ufo’s today, that is, all saucer type ufos are military projects. Where did the technology come from? – where did the V2 rocket come from – the human mind

So the military has anti grav technology but still flies around in jets and internal combustion powered craft?

You don't know the military mind set very well! If they have technology that will help win wars; they use it!!

and how about this???
www.rickross.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Same here buddy, I have tried to find evidence that cannot be debunked - I want to believe. But I've never found *hard* evidence. (kind of proof you would need in a court for example).

In 1947 a ufo crashed and was reported in the papers to be a flying saucer

Yep.

According to some sources, I do not know how valid: Project Mogul had the highest Top Secret rating just like Manhattan Project.

So to me, it is was top secret military project with high-tech (40s high tech) equipment aboard that crashed. And yes, it involved balloons. Not weather balloons though.

Just a random quote from somewhere:
....that the whole Roswell UFO hysteria was caused by people who didn't know the identity of the recovered material, the discovery of which just happened to take place during that unique period of time in mid-1947 when the flying saucer craze was first sweeping America.....

So in a way I do have the same opinion that original poster - just that there were no dead bodies.

It's healthy to visit sceptical sources every time you hear a new (or old) UFO story. That way you can make a balanced judgement and decide what you believe in.

But I did not put any sources to my post, so you guys can dismiss me.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Coeus]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkHorse
I’m sorry, but what part of Frith’s post indicates that he/she ‘jumped’ to this conclusion?

That would be the part where Frith said he believes they are extraterrestrial because he's seen UFOs...

Having seen UFOs myself, I prefer the ET origin explanation

Believe it or not, many of us in the UFO community actually devote a lot of time studying the phenomenon. Listening to both sides of the argument, drawing conclusions based on data complied from hours of research. Not all of us are the ‘nuts’ portrayed by the mainstream media...The reality is there is nothing in that post to indicate that Frith jumped to this conclusion.

Perhaps you could tell me where I accused anyone of being a nut, or made an indictment against all believers? Based on just twenty words, you're making a lot of assumptions about me. Who is jumping to conclusions, again?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

The reality of the alien ufo phenomena unmasked

The heading promised so much andre yet all you gave us was a mosaic of other 'alternative theories' that have already been stated in one form or another.

I'm kinda disappointed!

IRM

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
The heading promised so much andre yet all you gave us was a mosaic of other 'alternative theories' that have already been stated in one form or another.

I'm kinda disappointed!

Cut the kid a break, IRM. So he may be a bit over-enthusiastic, but that is an excusable sin of youth, right? At least he is trying, and starting to exercise critical-thinking and skepticism.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
That's no kid....Call it the CT in me but andre18 sounds like this guy....

www.csicop.org...

Phil, is that you??

and since when is calling witnesses liars, critical thinking??

The witnesses may have been country people but don't discount their powers of observation. They knew the difference between crashtest dummies [as once reported] or human remains and a weather balloon or something more "alien"

[edit on 18-12-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
and since when is calling witnesses liars, critical thinking??

Stop right there. Andre did not call a single person a liar nor did he even imply it. You need to correct yourself.

And you need to develop the maturity to understand that saying someone is wrong or that you have a difference of opinion, is not the same as saying they are lying.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
people always always, and way too often, claim that human's either have super duper technology through our own mental effort or through back - engineering, and then complain or raise the flag over "where" this technology is, and what's doing with it.

a simple, yet well grounded theory i developed to answer this question is as follows: whether the tech was back engineered or self (human) achieved, the reason why it's not shared is because it's too dangerous to share.

once nation A uses and reveals to the world it's super weapon or tech, it becomes much easier for nation B to get their hands on it, and/or speculate the function of said weapon or tech.

imagine Europe gives to all it's officers a plasma rifle. America see's this new weapon in action and wants it, thus it does whatever it can to attain it.
perhaps governments of the world do have super weaps or techs, but keep the lid on it until they deem the world ready for such... things.

the super advanced stuff wouldn't/couldn't be revealed until nation A and nation B were.... well Nation ABC. Together instead of separate - as i doubt separate together could work.

that, or the aliens/humans who designed them have patents. imagine that!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Crabmeat]

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Crabmeat]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Most people who criticise Roswell never bother looking into the facts. The Air Force left tags on their balloons; they needed to find the instruments to see what they had recorded (these were not radioed in). A $100 (a lot of money at the time) reward was offered to those who gave the Air Force the location of the wrecks. Mark Brazel; the guy who found the Roswell crash site, regularly retrieved several balloons each month. He knew what they looked like. But he had no idea what the Roswell crash was. Hence, this defies greatly the balloon explanation.

Mogul was not so secret and was made entirely from off the shelf products. Any investigator would have known what it was upon seeing it. Recently declassified documents show that the original investigators who were at the scene knew all about Mogul. They could easily have immediately publicly dismissed the whole thing as a balloon and that's the last we would ever have heard about it.

Skeptics will never tell you about these facts, though as they can't easily dismiss them.

This said, to the OP, about 8 years ago, I published an article similar to what your original statement says (several years before "Body Snatchers in the Desert" and before, to my knowledge, anyone else). Since then, I've delved into the facts of the case and have realized I was wrong.

Investigate it yourself, ram through the mythology and go to the facts, they present a much different picture.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkHorse
I think the US government would be implementing this technology by now if it was that far along in 1947. It is however a plausible point.

I’ve already thought about this and from what I understand when it comes to the military, if something as fantastic as antigravity is around they wouldn’t want their enemies to posses it – makes sense?

As soon as you use it in war, the whole world knows what new stuff you’ve got. So then if they don’t use it for war then what other purposes would it be used for? Space exploration I’m guessing.

I remember reading about sightings of hovercraft in the early 50’s in England, where five soldiers were standing on a floating platform high above in the sky. Strangely in the 60’s America was experimenting with hovercraft but too that extent of supporting just one person and only reaching a meter or two at best and so was abandoned.

The point is, the mysterious ufo’s we see today are most likely government projects yet to be unveiled. May be in the near future when even that technology becomes obsolete we will find out the truth.

If Roswell’s been kept disclosed for over 50 years because of secret technology then just imagine how advanced it was then that it still is too advanced to what we publicly have now.

But more too that point – just imagine in 100, 200 years time from now. I’m sure by then the advancements in publicly known technology would have reached far beyond the revolutionary secret technologies of the 50’s. Such technologies would be disclosed due to it being obsolete.

If public technology can reach the same point one day as the secret ufo projects in the 50’s then there’d be no need to keep it covered up. That being said, disclosure will happen eventually no matter what, it’s just a matter of time. The government can’t keep the suppression of advancements for ever, eventually we’re going to get to the reach the same technological breakthroughs publicly as they did in the 50’s – it’s just a matter of time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join