It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK troops to leave Iraq 'by July'!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

UK troops to leave Iraq 'by July'!!!

news.bbc.co.uk

Gordon Brown and Iraqi prime minister Nouri Maliki say UK forces will have "completed their tasks" and leave the country by the end of July next year.

The two leaders' joint statement came as they held talks in Baghdad.

They said the partnership between the two countries would continue, with Mr Brown praising UK forces for making Iraq a "better place".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Quite Major bit of news here. It seems that perhaps the UK have achieved their objectives in Iraq or the conquest has been perhaps cut short due to economic problems.

What do you think it means by UK forces "completed their tasks".

I also fell off my chair in laughter when I heard "is Iraq a "better place".

Your comments...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Not exactly groundbreaking news as this has been speculated and expected now for a few weeks. All it really means is that it will release more troops for Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well just fantastic news that all the killing of british troops & also innocent iraqies can finally stop now but one bit is still bugging me how exactly have we completed our mission me thinks a little part of this has something to do with our economy
Hmmm

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It could be a case of getting everyone back over here, 2-3 months R+R while the powers that be set up the next conflict - and then off we go again! Wasn't there talk about going into Zimbabwe some time soon?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ye i think we will be heading into zimbabwe soon aswell since they have said that we are responsible for the cholera outbreak so tensions have risen now already so im sure we will be their within a year or probably less actually

new topics

top topics

join