It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hello,

A few weeks ago I saw the previews for the Inside the White House documentary White House Week thing.

I thought it would be ok to check out but I did not see any of it untill this evening. I took the time to watch for a short while as they showed behind the scene workings of The White House Pastry Kitchen.

They were showing some desserts they were making, and some they have made in the past for special guests. They are currently assembling a dessert showcase for an Easter holiday event, wich I thought was a little bit extravagant.

I just got to thinking, how we have been grilling these auto companies and insurance CEO's about how they spend their privately earned money, and here The White House is acting as if money grows off of trees.
Watching it, it seemingly makes you oblivious to the economic crisis this nation is facing, yet its right in your face...people living the life of luxury, that they do not deserve.

Listening to our President Elect during the campaign, this is the sort of change I envisioned. While millions struggle to pay bills and put food on the table..and while our men and women give their lives to defend this country, Others should'nt be getting special treatment and living in a bubble of luxury.
If this was as great a nation as so many want you to believe, those fancy desserts should be being made outside the gates and offered to the average person walking to the bus stop.

We really have to make sure Obama keeps his word, its up to us to do so. This is our chance to make it how it should be.

join