It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow and windshiel wipers...argh!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't know what it is, but every time is snows the drivers side wiper never, ever works without smudging the glass up!!!

I have brand new wipers on the car but still...no good performance to talk about.

Anyone else have this issue or am I just cursed to forever have crappy wipers~!!!!

Home now and , yes it's Wisconsin and it's snowing like h#ll out there!!

Time for a beer!! :w:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
First I would try cleaning up the window. Then clean the blade. Then coat with Rain X and some of the snow melting wiper spray. If it's still doing it, try bending the shaft ever so slightly to make sure the blade contacts the windshield (At your own discretion). If you have tried all of these and it really bugs you, take it to the shop. STAY AWAY FROM THE DEALER, you go in with a windshield wiper problem, leave with a new engine and transmission.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Hey Raustin, good morning.

I've tried everything that you've suggested except for the rain-x thing.

As I said in my post last night, it's snowing again today and we got 4-5 inches overnight. After work today I'll get some of that and apply it.

Thanks for the tip!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I feel your pain...

4-5" of snow here last night and this morning, a non working wiper on the driver side of the car.

I cleared all the snow and ice off of the entire blade and arm, still no good.

It's very aggravating...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

My Advice is to screw WI and move to TX. After all we don't get alot of snow here and when unless you Live in the DFW area or points north. If it snow below that line, well you get the day off for beer.:w:

When I was a trucker, my Trainer refuses to repair the windshield Wipers to save a little $$. It was hard because I used all of that
windshield to see out of it also it was covering up my biggist blind spot.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Any luck? Oh, and what kind of car is it? I've got a mechanic buddy and I can ask if the make/model has any issues and how hard it is to replace the arm itself.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sirbikesalot06

Hry bud, thanks for the hot tip!!!

Moving to Texas would be a good thing as I could ride (I own a couple of Harleys ) year round!!

Just to make matters more interesting we recieved another 5 inches last night!!

The fun here in Wisconsin never ends!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I have always heard that if you rub your wiper blades with raw potato it supposed to keep it from icing over.

I might need to try this myself as we are getting more ice/snow tonight.

top topics

join