It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bankers privately talk about the End of Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

.... and as a result I can see the day when I will have to shoot some of my neighbours -

I have spoken to a couple of pretty senior bankers in the past couple of weeks and their story is rather different. They don’t refer to the looming problems as being like 1992 or even 1929. They talk about a total financial meltdown. They talk about the End of Days.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Just another perspective from Europe.

An expert financial hedge fund manager was asked on CNBC this morning if hedge funds are Ponzi schemes. THere was a verrrrrry long pause as he thought about his response !!

[edit on 16-12-2008 by venividivici]

[edit on 16-12-2008 by venividivici]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is rather amusing, for a car review:

Vauxhall Insignia 2.8 V6 4x4 Elite Nav
ENGINE 2792cc, six cylinders
POWER 256bhp @ 5500rpm
TRANSMISSION 258 lb ft @ 1900rpm
FUEL 24.4mpg (combined)
CO2 272g/km
ACCELERATION 0-60mph: 6.7sec
TOP SPEED 155mph
PRICE £28,280
ROAD TAX BAND G (£400 a year)
RELEASE DATE On sale now

Clarkson’s Verdict: Who cares? We’re all doomed anyway

Go, GM!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I found it to be a little weird that it was in the "driving" section of the publication too !

I consider it insider info and take it very seriously however.

From a car editor.....

Better to spend the money on a pair of shotguns and an allotment.

Classic !

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Good lord does taht car get bad mileage lol..eh its a little les than average, but jesus..0-60 in 6.7 seconds? with that much horespower? sounds like an assembly line lemon to me

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hopefully it will just be the "End of Days" for Bankster business as usual.

This Madoff scheme and Bailout Blackmail has shown us the seedy underside, even if we liked to pretend it wasn't there.

Maybe we will all have learned our lesson and we won't be so dependent on them in the future. One can only hope.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Good lord does taht car get bad mileage lol..eh its a little les than average, but jesus..0-60 in 6.7 seconds? with that much horespower? sounds like an assembly line lemon to me

Dude,
Watch the news, all assembly lines are now officially lemons.
That is why they are crawling to washington.
For some LEMON-AID.

To the OP, this is scary though. I think they may be talking about the End of the Good Days though. Jets, Golden Payouts, parachutes. Lighting those cubans with hundreds over cognac at the club, sitting in those plush chesterfields.
How upset would Eddy Murphy be if they made Trading Places now, instead of in the 80's. hehe.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Let us all hope(pray) that this is the "End of Days" for the financial system that has deliberately bankrupted millions, ensnared millions more into poverty and allowed for a car to be made that can go from 0 to 60 in 6.7 seconds that runs on fossil fuels!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Ok, while he does touch on some important things, Jermey Clarkson has a certain......"style". He is not an economics man, but a TV presenter on BBC show Top Gear, which is why this article is in the motoring section of the Times.. His "doom and gloom" analysis is interspersed with his usual dry humour and some very heavy sarcasm.

if you don't know of Jeremy Clarkson, I seriously wouldn't recommend using him as anything other than a satyrical source for anything. alot of what he is saying is tongue in cheek and he is usually one for the dramatic speeches.

[edit on 16/12/08 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

So are you saying he lied about or embellished conversations he had with banker friends?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
reply to post by stumason

So are you saying he lied about or embellished conversations he had with banker friends?

Holy moly this bloke allegedly said that all truck drivers murder prostitutes(or something to that effect) uk.youtube.com... and his apology uk.youtube.com... on one of his top gear shows the other week.He is always putting his foot in it.However most of the public in the UK( including me) love him for it.In a poll recently I think he was voted as the person most people would like to see as PM.You should take what he says with a big pinch of salt. Also go on youtube and watch some of his work on top gear. also watch this interview with him on Parky uk.youtube.com... it will give you a good idea of his style.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by tarifa37]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

In a nutshell, yes. He is probably embellishing it quite a bit to make his anecdote more interesting. Tis what Clarkson does and why he is so well liked. He has a very dry humour and is very critical of the Labour Government, so bare that in mind also.

top topics

join