It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange light on broad daylight over Holland.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
hi there!

Sunday 14. dec. i was in the passengers seat of my girlfriend little renault, and something in the sky grabbed my attention.

it was about 2 o'clock in the afternoon ( GMT+1 ) when i saw a bright thing in the sky. it was so bright that i thought it was a star or a planet. but it was daylight and it didn't move for about 3 hours. i've never seen anything this bright.
I heard from someone here on ATS that he had seen something similar to what i saw, so maybe someone else has seen this to?

here's a little vid of the light i took with my cellphone.

strange light over Holland

hope someone can tell me what his thing is.

cheers and happy Tuesday

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It could be anything! The footage you took is typical UFO footage! Its either a couple of seconds worth of footage, Realy blurry or far away!

It looks to me like some sort of plane lights! But it is moving too fast!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
the moving was my fault because my girl was crying next to me ( just came back from the hospital.
we just turned a corner so it was a #ty moment to capture actually. but its better that nothing!
the light in the sky stayed on that exact spot for a least 3 hours.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GondelleX
the moving was my fault because my girl was crying next to me ( just came back from the hospital.
we just turned a corner so it was a #ty moment to capture actually. but its better that nothing!

It couldn't be a hellicopter then...

I honestly have no idea on this one! I will call in some experts! It could be a satelite!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
the strange thing is, a women said to the dutch newspaper 'de telegraaf', an interesting thing. my first thought about this was ''ah, another Blossom''
but this feels weird.

she said

"Op zeer korte termijn, in elk geval voor kerst, zal een grote heldere ster aan de hemel verschijnen die voor iedereen dag en nacht zichtbaar zal zijn. Die ster is een ruimtevaartuig, maar bovenal een voorbode van een kerstwonder. De verschijning van de Maitreya, de meester van wijsheid."

translation: ''In a short period of time, even before christmas, a bright star will appear in the sky, which will be visible day and night. this star is a spacecraft but most of all a sighn of a cristmas miracle. the appearence of Maitreya, the master of wisdom''

i've never seen a bright late this early on the day, so maybe she's right?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

the strange thing is, a women said to the dutch newspaper 'de telegraaf', an interesting thing. my first thought about this was ''ah, another Blossom''
but this feels weird.

she said

"Op zeer korte termijn, in elk geval voor kerst, zal een grote heldere ster aan de hemel verschijnen die voor iedereen dag en nacht zichtbaar zal zijn. Die ster is een ruimtevaartuig, maar bovenal een voorbode van een kerstwonder. De verschijning van de Maitreya, de meester van wijsheid."

translation: ''In a short period of time, even before christmas, a bright star will appear in the sky, which will be visible day and night. this star is a spacecraft but most of all a sighn of a cristmas miracle. the appearence of Maitreya, the master of wisdom''

i've never seen a bright late this early on the day, so maybe she's right?

I highly doubt it would be that! I wouldn't keep your fingers crossed for that one either!

I think it could be a satellite! Sometimes the sun or moon depending on the time of day, will reflect off a satellite giving off a huge reflection!

I have witnessed a reflection off a satellite myself and it is quite bright!

There is a slim chance in space that the sun would reflect off a satellite and hit earth but when it does it is quite bright.

It happens more often than one would think!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GondelleX

if it did remain stationary for 3 hours - why is the only footage you have a few seconds , from your moving car ???

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
because my mother in law just died....
i was in the car with my girl and we just heard the news.
the footage was shot like 2 minutes before we heard the news.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
but the satellite theory is the most credible for me at this point.
maybe other people had a view on this reflection?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm from holland two and I saw a light on sunday to, it was a little later but it was cloaded and there were no visible stars, I did not make a video I did not feel like it but I also saw a light

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Also sorry about you're mom, I lost my mother also this year

[edit on 16-12-2008 by FL_Freak]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm not really sure either, but the satellite theory sound pretty good to me.

I am also sorry about your mother. It is a hard time when a member of the family dies.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

it was about 2 o'clock in the afternoon when i saw a bright thing in the sky. it was so bright that i thought it was a star or a planet. but it was daylight...

It may have been a planet, Venus to be exact. Under the right conditions, it is possible to see Venus with the naked eye during the day.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Would you not have thought to take more/clearer footage as it was hanging around all this time?

It's difficult to tell the time from your video as it's very short....

[edit on 16/12/08 by blupblup]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Venus would be on the top of my list of suspects as well. The video is too brief and shaky to be of much help.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

because i heard the news of my mother in law, and at first glance thought it was a star or something.
being almost home, it was still there.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yoursky confirms that Venus was visible in the southern sky during that time frame.

It was fairly low in the sky which is consistent with the video.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I can't believe i ruled out "Venus"! There is also a possibility it could be venus, which is more likely than a satellite! Also it didn't move at all which you could see!

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Poet Of Deception]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ach ja, alle rare dingen gebeuren onder de rivieren he

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I also saw this bright light in the sky in fact it was so bright I thought it was a plane with it's lights coming straight towards my house so I waited to see if it moved and was very surprised to see that it did not, it stayed just where it was
I asked a friend who is interested in the stars and planets if any of the planets where near and yes Venus is

funny thing is it was so bright that I also thought that that must have been the star that was said to have been followed by the 3 kings because it is so close to christmas

anyway Merry Christmas to you all ....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join