It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Team Delays Releasing Findings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Obama Team Delays Releasing Findings

online.wsj.com

President-elect Barack Obama's transition team said it had completed an internal review of contacts with Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich -- but wouldn't release its findings until Christmas week, at the request of federal investigators.

The move comes as Mr. Obama tries to keep the news of his home state's disgraced governor from overshadowing his transition, and highlights the challenges of dispensing with the controversy in the face of a live investigation involving Mr. Obama's Senate seat.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
none found

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Why would the president ellect want us not to know the real story about his association with Blagojefich? Barack heavily supported Blago in his bid for Illinois governor. Barack and Blago were best of friends! We the public should rightly know the nature of the Barack relationship but the Obama administration won't release information in a timely fashion.

What does the Obama administration have to hide? Could it be that Barack and Blago had planned a nice profitable cut in the sale of Barack's Senate seat?? That would be the reasonable way to do business Chicago style after all!

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
My take on it, (and I could be wrong) is that he does intend to release the information, but doesn't want to 'step on the toes' of federal investigators.

Releasing information during an ongoing investigation, could hurt that investigation.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Gee, I don't know what's worse, giving the seat to the highest bidder, or giving it away to an insider/friend/self as they usually do. Both methods sound corrupt to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
My take on it, (and I could be wrong) is that he does intend to release the information, but doesn't want to 'step on the toes' of federal investigators.

Releasing information during an ongoing investigation, could hurt that investigation.

My take is that they haven't figured out how to put a positive spin on what they have to release and/or they need more time for all o(bs)ama's people to get on the same page before going public.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Funny you say that. I mean, by reading the title it is easy to put that Washington spin on it, but then if you take it a step further, use your brain, and actually read the article:

but wouldn't release its findings until Christmas week, at the request of federal investigators.

Unless you think federal investigators are trying to put a positive spin on this...

But you aren't the type to participate in mudslinging.

[edit on 12/16/2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Maybe they're delaying the release of information at the request of federal investigators.

edit to slowly add I'm way too slow for ATS! ha ha

[edit on 16-12-2008 by tjack]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
do you think they're "cleaning house" in the leadership of Chicago / Detroit in order to position more "agenda-worthy" individuals?

say... Illinois/Michigan as a primary area of massive earth changes - future american civil war battle fronts?

just some thoughts..

-

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
From NEWSMAX - yes, right wing - the title of the article is this -

Obama - I probed myself and I am clean

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
From NEWSMAX - yes, right wing - the title of the article is this -

Obama - I probed myself and I am clean

take THAT, Grays!

-

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hahahahahahahahhaa what a great title. Whoever came up with that one deserves a raise. It does sound like something of a painful procedure though

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Christmas is next week already! How fast do you expect him to go? He's got a few other things on his plate right now.

And even if you theoretically decide Obama is guilty, what would he be guilty of? Buying his own senate seat back? Or suppose he was in with the governor on selling his Senate seat, and he was going to split the take with Blagovitch. Why would Blago even include him in the deal? Blago's the one with the power to appoint the new Senator, he could take all the cash himself. And even if there was some kind of deal between them, Obama's cut would be about 500k. That's hardly worth jeopardizing the presidency for; Obama could raise that much in a day.

The only possible scenario would be Obama buying his Senate seat for one of his cronies. But again, that's a very big risk for a relatively small gain. The chances of a Democrat getting it are very great anyway--Blago is a Democrat. And Obama could just appeal to Blago on someone's behalf (something he probably wouldn't do for ethical reasons) without any monetary incentive and that wouldn't be illegal.

The only thing Obama is guilty of is being from the same city as Blagovitch.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow.. I could have told you that Obama's team would release anything. They are trying to figure a way they can make up a story to clear his name.

God forbid anything negative on his behalf shed any light of day.

Everyday I become more disgusted with the way this country is being led.

Im hoping the end comes soon.

'Obama Buyers remorse' Anyone?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
No crap, who cares about Obama's team releasing their findings on investigating themselves.

I'll wait til the federal investigators release their findings and release what was on Blago's tapes.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wow. That's a pretty misleading title (not your fault - it's the title of the article).

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
Wow. That's a pretty misleading title.

I DID say it was from a right-wing site.

I just thought the title was a hoot.
The Obama team did a self-inspection.
The site called it 'self probing'.
And considering how this site is into aliens and probing ...

Well ... some light weight humor ...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Your being skeptical and that is good. Obama is and experienced politician raised in the corrupt Chicago political environment.

Here's one sinario:

Barack calls Blago and says "Blago you have the power of appointment, I want you to appoint my old friend Jess "Payback" Jackson. I know you'll want to do it for me because remember that job I did for you back in '02? You need to make that appointment right away so you and the people of Illinois don't have any inconveniences. OK?

The prosecutors could spend a lot of time on something like that

[edit on 17/12/08 by plumranch]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

That's a whole bunch of speculation right there.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

That's a whole bunch of speculation right there.
reply to post by Irish M1ck

I used to live north of Chicago and had to listen to what went on in Chicago. Barack is a Chicago insider.

Barack with all his doubious associations, lack of clear track record, a confused goal, and doubious appointments leads one to conclude that this guy is a loose cannon. The world hopes otherwise!

Unfortunately, I have heard an incredible number of people who are really concerned about the Barack presidency for the reasons I have stated.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Now if only you had some sort of evidence to back that up, then you'd be getting somewhere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join