It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesn't the Government have better things to do than to lie to us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Why does the Government lie? I know that a lot of people that work in the Government are academia. I respect that. Exactly why is it that they lie? Yes, they know their stuff, but then they go and sugar code the truth for us.

Right now the Government screwed up. Rather than blame the faulty programs that are at the fault of the problem the Government is not telling people what the real problem is: unregulated capitalism.

They have taken away regulations that were in place to prevent this sort of catastrophe and they have let this happen. They knew we were going to have an economic disaster yet did nothing about it. I want to know, WHY IS THE GOVERNMENT KEEPING US FROM LETTING US KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?

Both Democrats and Republicans are responsible for this. Republicans, for their views on less regulation, and Democrats for not making adequate regulations in place to prevent damage to the economy and for just letting the Republicans boss them around.

I think we should form a truth coalition to find out what the real reason the economy screwed up is.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Now now, its not just to blame it all on deregulation. It's the corporate elite idiots who take an advantage of the freedom (if there is actually any). Now the government will bail them out and put the regulations back on selling us the idea that true freedom in markets will never work. When actually it could, except when you have sleezy people taking an advantage of everyone when they know better. Heck we should know better! I don't think the government should have to tell us to be good, we should be good on our own accord. I respect your regulation opinion, I understand that's your view, I just don't think its fair to blame it all on deregulation.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

Of course we can't blame it All on deregulation but deregulation is certainly a part of it. Once you release the restrictions on what has caused problems in the past you're bound to do it again. Since there was no regulations on the banking industry the banking industry collapsed... who's to say without some regulation that it won't happen again?

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Dont we all have better things to do than complain about the government lying to us?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Like what? Like worrying about the lies about the situation more so than the truth of the situation? I want the truth out of the Government so we can begin to start worrying about the problem in an honest way.

top topics

join