It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abiogenesis: Life before evolution

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

While evolution and religion can be compatible, I find it hard to believe abiogenesis could...

Abiogenesis is the science of how life started... How a random group of organic chemicals became a protocell...

If science can understand and re-create abiogenesis, it might be a little difficult to reconcile that against the "magic man dun it" ideas out there...

Abiogenesis is not Evolution.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Heronumber0

Yeah, it's a sad comment. It's also accurate. I think the belief in a soul is much more important than the soul physically existing.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

is unconscious (I don't mean subconscious, I mean non-conscious) exchange possible in life?

Yes. Horizontal gene transfer.

Also, at a more basic level, mass-energy and information are continually being exchanged between points in spacetime.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Gosh, I'm almost sorry I posted that. No, on second thoughts, I am sorry.

Okay, DangerDeath, you have a problem initiating discussion into abiogenesis without first defining 'life' to your satisfaction. Noted.

There was a nice little discussion on abiogenesis going on before you dropped in. I'm sure there were other people enjoying it as much as I was. I'm afraid you've rather spoiled the party: shame on you.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join