It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting thing at work happened. Your idea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ok so. One of the managers sent out a email to all the workers of the facility about a barrack Obama Christmas ordainment racist joke. Just a practical joke. Well one of the fellow employees called homeland security and told them she was a treat to Barrack Obama.

And so the CIA and Secret Service arrived. Men dressed in all black suits? And they had a folder of all the information they had of her since she was 10 years old.

Why do people take these measures? Can't the world take jokes anymore?

I mean do we have to hold the presidents hand and tell him it's going to be okey? I mean seriously...

[edit on 15-12-2008 by xweaponx]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
Ok so. One of the managers sent out a email to all the workers of the facility about a barrack Obama Christmas ordainment racist joke. Just a practical joke. Well one of the fellow employees called homeland security and told them she was a treat to Barrack Obama.

And so the CIA and Secret Service arrived. Men dressed in all black suits? And they had a folder of all the information they had of her since she was 10 years old.

I mean do we have to hold the presidents hand and tell him it's going to be okey? I mean seriously...

I would like to look in my folder jeez, that's scary!

Just goes to show you better be careful who and what you joke about.

Chances are there will be no charges filed. Jokes on the president are freedom of speech no matter how racist and ignorant.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
First off, to pass around a joke email like that is pretty distasteful. That is not something management should ever do and is very unprofessional. Now what I am curious about is how long did it take from the time the email was received until the "men in black" arrived? Did the manager that sent out the email also share her "shakedown" with everyone in the office? Is that how you knew they carried a file with her entire life contents?

Our tax dollars at work folks.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
this just proves that homeland security has absolutely nothing better to do. can you imagine how big of a waste of time and money that nonsense is?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
this just proves that homeland security has absolutely nothing better to do. can you imagine how big of a waste of time and money that nonsense is?

Nothing better to do? Waste of your money? Look at the dang name of the security force!!!!!! For christ sakes people its "HOMELAND" SECURITY they ARE doing their JOB and very well I might add!

Get used to it.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
wow, thanks for clearing that up for me. now i know to judge everything by it's cover. if only my mom would've told me.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
We don't have any Rights anymore, read the Patriot Act, Military Commissions Act, Patriot Act II, etc. etc.

You have the ILLUSION of Rights, but this post shows CLEARLY that your ILLUSION is a fantasy in your own mind...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
That seems pretty excessive. Where do you work? Does Homeland Security have a division that does nothing but investigate jokes? Who do you hire to investigate jokes, someone with a good sense of humor, or someone with no sense of humor? I bet it's the latter.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthFairie
First off, to pass around a joke email like that is pretty distasteful. That is not something management should ever do and is very unprofessional. Now what I am curious about is how long did it take from the time the email was received until the "men in black" arrived? Did the manager that sent out the email also share her "shakedown" with everyone in the office? Is that how you knew they carried a file with her entire life contents?

Our tax dollars at work folks.

It took about 2 weeks until yesterday when they came. Just one of the fellow workers called and they dispatched a team to come in see if she was a threat to obama's life....

They asked her all these questions like why on our records does it show you bought -then they listed items-

There were three of 6 of them. 2 seemed to be asking all the questions and the other four stood completely motionless watching all the moves people made in the room. So I take it the 2 were CIA? and the 4 were Secret Service?

I'm afraid we have what rights again?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx

I can only hope that your racist manager was reprimanded/punished/fired.
I wouldn't have called the CIA- I would have called her supervisor, the owner of the company, and possibly the local news.
It disgusts me that this kind of hatred was tolerated.

top topics

join