It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos in DC on Jan. 20

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I keep thinking that there will be total chaos in Washington Dc on Obamas inaugaration. Has anybody else felt this way? It seems with Dc closing subway bathrooms , nobody allowed on parade route until 7:00 a.m. and 5 million people things just won't be in control. There will be a million or more people there with no hotel , thinking they will be allowed to sleep by the route and then be carted off to jail. People will be packed on buses wanting to see this historic event and will be sitting on the bus stuck in traffic as he is swearing in.
Just a question not a prediction.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cingin

Your delusional. Everyone in Washinton loves Obama.

They aren't afraid that they don't have control, they just make sure that they do have control.

Obama represents 95% of middle class America. The 5% rich uprising?
I'll let you determine the probability of that.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

I know they love Obama , thats why people will be mad when they are stuck in traffic and can't see him sworn in.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think there is the potential for there being a lot of people disappointed that they will get nowhere near seeing this historic event. The word "chaos" is a little much, I hope.

I think folks will remain calm for the most part. It will be like when MLK had his "I have a dream" speech... millions of people but all pretty much behaving very civilized.

People should really consider staying home and watching it on TV. You'll see better that way.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
My brother lives in WDC and is renting out his loft for about $4K

and he owns a bar and they will be open all night long for 4 days
He is scoring big, thanks to Obama (and doesnt even like him)

With all the bars being allowed to be open 24hrs straight for 4 days...all those drunk people...all the parties....lol....all the visitors who dont know the area.... Good Lord.

I lived in the area for 15yrs....been around numerous "walks", protests, holidays, events, etc.....like, leaving WDC after 4th of July fireworks is a pain in the arse and crazy traffic (on foot, car and metro). So, I think this one will be a big one.

Im glad I dont live in the area anymore - for this.

[edit on 12/14/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
My biggest concern is a false flag event with 5 million packed into an area. God help us.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
When the bigwigs start leaving and the key Political figures, otherwise it should make for a Grand Inauguration.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

With all the bars being allowed to be open 24hrs straight for 4 days...all those drunk people...all the parties....lol....all the visitors who dont know the area.... Good Lord.

Good Lord is right.

I'm less than a two hour drive from the District of Crazies and you couldn't drag me there for this event. While it may very well be an historic and unprecedented inauguration, that place is a madhouse even on the best of days.

4 days of 24/7 intoxicating "spirits" ... with alcohol too.

No thank you. I'd much prefer to simply watch from the safe and warm vantage point afforded by these bit and bytes.

Chaos? ... you betcha. It'll be a friggin' madhouse, with the inmates in control of the asylum.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Agreed. I'm so happy I'll be back at school on Inauguration Day. DC traffic is a nightmare on a normal day. I can't imagine what it'll be like on that day.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Four days worth of alcohol will bring the true picture of our minorities to life in DC. Rapes, murders, mayhem, assaults, car burnings, police injuries, etc. What a spectacular example for the world to see on CNN. It's the 'brothers' turn to boogie...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Oh, there is nothing to worry if the humans panic or if old timers have medical problems while cheering their new 'Messiah'. I'm sure security has everything under control. I think people watching the event from home will get a better view, of course. But over a million people in one place does make me wonder what would happen on that day. Hmmm.

top topics

join