It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Creationist Ideas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Before you go ahead and view this videos, im not here to attack creationism. Just the recent topic titled "Debunking Evolution Theory". The link that was posted in that topic was that of a creationist film with the infamous Kent Hovind, and criminal (literaly) that likes to spread the word of creationism. Which is fine by me, however, the people that blindly follow his words are the things that tick me off. This forums slogan is Deny Ignorance, yet so many dont bother asking questions?

So, im going to go ahead and mirror the Debunking Evolution topic with this. I found a nice little series that debunks many creationists and their ideas with many exceedingly factual and informational films, all done very nicely. It explains in detail why the idea is completely false, and then backs up that statement with scientific proof and all that (something that creationism does not do [back up theories]). It is also a great series for anyone interested in science as it shows many different forms of science in a way that the majority of people can understand.

Ill post the first episode here, and the link to the entire play-list right after it. thanks for reading.

Episode 1

Entire Playlist

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
dont forget Extantdodo's fine debunking efforts

he does the whole of hovind's video start to finish

Kent Hovind - Garden Of Eden - Debunk - 02 ExtantDodo
uk.youtube.com...

Kent Hovind - Dinosaurs - Debunk - 03 ExtantDodo
uk.youtube.com...

ill leave the videos out where he gets caught commit copyright infringments even if it is funny

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
They appear too easy to attack in such a cut-up way. You should try debunking Thomas Kuhn or Paul Feyerabend. I think that would be a better opponent, though both are no longer living they have opened up questions that remain to be resolved in science or simply never can be resolved, but that actully increases the uses of science, so I don't see it as a flaw, though you do get people that have religious belief systems that try to hitch themselves onto the Uncertainty of science, but so what, they can't be reached anyways and their maybe almost no point in trying to talk to a creationist, but I don't mean to say that a God or something might exist or that there are no really adequate explanations for the moment life went from inorganic muck to organic muck, but thus maybe life, where an answer doesn't exist and this bothers scientists and creationists? Too bad for both of you, sometimes I feel like a referee at a kindergarten and accused of being both a materialist and a mystic, but that really should not trouble me, it mostly troubles people that make videos like this one and those that are being debunked to think I don't entirely agree with either of them.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbabuddha
You should try debunking Thomas Kuhn or Paul Feyerabend. I think that would be a better opponent, though both are no longer living they have opened up questions that remain to be resolved in science or simply never can be resolved,
yes because they were philosophers of science

they didnt actually lay out a silly string of claims that can and has been proven wrong both before and after they said it and not bothered to actually find evidence to prove what they say

both Thomas Kuhn and Paul Feyerabend gave things to think about to lead scientists towards a better and more honest moethod to think about what they are doing as far as im aware

that there are no really adequate explanations for the moment life went from inorganic muck to organic muck,
it was always organic, were built from organic compounds they litter everywhere even in space

top topics

join