It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA's activity? - ICE STORM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

FEMA's activity? - ICE STORM

sharonastyk.com

In fact, I’d go further than she did, and think that the idea of contingency planning in the US comes with a taint of superstition - that ill luck will strike those of us who actually spend time thinking about what might go wrong. The fact that our culture’s only vision of someone who is prepared is the survivalist curled up in a shack with his stash of guns suggests that we fundamentally think that preparation for negative outcomes is on the whacked out side. I think this leads us to actually radically underestimate how often things go badly wrong.

And this leads to a painful reality - despite the fact that winter power outages happen out my way all the time, we know for a fact that the extended outages in my region there will leave us with people who are freezing, and hungry, isolated and unable to cope. They won’t have the batteries for their flashlights, or any strategy for cooking or eating. At best, they will come out of this traumatized and miserable. At worst, some of them may actually die.

But we also know that these folks will be deemed normal, and their lack of preparation will be treated as normal. Just as people in California with no earthquake preparations or folks in Florida with no preparations for a Hurricane will be treated as normal. We treat a lack of preparedness, in our society, as completely reasonable and rational, even expected.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
well, first off all if it was alredy disscussed here on ATS feel free to close the thread. and my apologies.

the question I want to rise is about FEMA present activity in states affected by the ice storm and our awarness of the worst events to come.

as we remember it was not possible to count on FEMA during the Katrina's. and we know why - cause the FEMA was not focused on the emergency events like this any more. it was preparing (or is preparing - this is something I want to find out thanks to your help) for the completly different operations - "terrorist" attacks or in fact the civilian protests they expect in close future.

link here www.hsaj.org...

if the lack of FEMA activity will be proven again it means that there is no real change of the govt position. so if FEMA is still busy with other issues what is going to happen when the new disastears occure (and we can laugh at the earthquake posters as well as the author of the page I placed as a source, which I really recomend everybody to read)? it is only us left. and we should stop making the jokes of the ones who try to warn us.

so what is FEMA up to. do they provide the right help in the areas hit by ice storm or not? please write if you live in such a state (if already electricity is provided) what is going on in you area?

or is FEMA getting prepared only to fight against its own citizens?

and one more issue - is it a method to underestimate the threats by making the fun of the ones who are alerting us?
as we did here in earthquake thread (I know that there was no real evidence on this but in fact it can happen any time)?

sharonastyk.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Nothing takes the place of personal preparation for survival. Stock ye up, post haste!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

that is what I want to prove. and I want also to encourage others to do so.

but also it could be quite interesting to find out if the FEMA has changed a bit. it would put some lighte on what they are concern mostly about now- natural caused disastear or they are preparing for some special manmade event?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
FEMA is broke. They have nothing to respond with even if they had to. It will take the pres heavy handing the fed res, to get any new fema money flowing.

Better take care of your own and not wait.

top topics

join