It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pimping Dr. Steven Greer's new $120k ride!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

jratcliffscarab.blogspot.com...
(Dr. Steven Greer driving his new $120k Stan Meyer water fueled dune buggy.)

Dr. Steven Greer provides the kind of comic relief that modern society demands. Just this past week our favorite alien space brother spent about $120k to purchase Stan Meyer's water fueled Dune Buggy (which hasn't run for over a decade) as well as various and sundry pieces of junk.

Stan Meyer was that mythical inventor who claimed to have created a car which runs on water. He modified a dune buggy and claimed he ran it on nothing but water, wishes, and fairy tales. He got a fair amount of media coverage before he was sued by his investors, ruled a fraud by the courts, and died at an early age.

Of course cars don't run on water but they can be modified to run on hydroxy gas. Meyer accomplished no great miracle by running his dune buggy on hydroxy gas, the real point of contention is whether or not he was running it as an over-unity device; meaning was he getting more energy out than he was expending by running electrolysis.

Meyer claimed he had devised a mechanism which achieved over-unity (i.e perpetual motion, free energy, etc) by running a high frequency high voltage signal through a specially prepared set of metal plates. He filed, and received, several patents.

Not surprisingly, no one has ever been able to reproduce his claims based on the patent information. In addition, he was sued by his investors and the courts appointed scientists to investigate his device and found it to be doing nothing but ordinary (under-unity) electrolysis. Meyer was found guilty and had to refund his investors money.

Strangely, none of this seems to bother Dr. Steven Greer. For a man who's life is nothing but one bat-# crazy claim on top of another, it is natural for him to believe the bat-# crazy claims of others.

He is now the proud owner of a massive pile of crap from the Meyer estate. I am happy for the scam artists who sold this pile of trash and I am sure they are laughing all of the way to the bank.

Meanwhile, Greer is asking for your donations to support the research necessary to turn this pile of junk into free energy gold.

I wish Dr. Greer the best, I can't wait to see him tearing down mainstreet in his free-energy dune buggy and I look forward to converting my Beck 550 as soon as his water-fuel kit is available at Walmart for $49.95.

[edit: added required EX tags and source link]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jratcliff63367

Dr. Steven Greer is not dead.

Two lines because I want to know why.

Stan Myer...nevermind.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
And in the years before the first Ford horseless carriage, people used to say the same thing..it wont work, never will replace the horse, and your wasting your time.

I dont suppose you still go around in a horse driven carriage..do you?

At one time people thought that Capt. Kirk's communicator was just something from science fiction and would never be a reality.

Do you have a flip up cell phone by chance?

Once people thought that putting up a satellite was rediculous and it would fall out of the sky.

How many satellites are up there now, including one that actually has people living in it?

Point here is...never say never cuz you never know when your own words come back around to haunt you.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
None of the technologies you mention violate the laws of physics. You seem to have missed the point of the post where I mentioned that no one has ever, ever, ever, been able to reproduce the claims of this inventor (scam artist).

John

P.S. Note that I make it quite clear that if it ever works, I will happily purchase one at Walmart. As always, I wait for my free-energy device that defies the fundamental laws of physics.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by jratcliff63367]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I can't believe there is anyone left willing to give this crackpot donations.

Somewhere along the line this guy just lost track of reality I think.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Obtaining energy from water is not byond physics. Once you extract the hydrogen, there is far more power in one molecule of hydrogen than you can ever get from any other source..including oil.

The only thing in the way is extracting it effectively. Everything else after that is already off the shelf.

Maybe try some more research on the subject before just dismissing it with typical ridicule such as the photoshop image you posted.

Much of those others who tried to duplicate stuff never did it right to begin with, which would explain why they never were sucessful. And if you did the research, you would find most of them were already in the back pockets of big oil..curious isnt it, but not surprising.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Practical Hydrogen powered cars.

Article HERE

Hydrogen car gets real world test at EPA Article

It is alot closer than most think, just not in masses yet. And perhaps if the US automakers would make these in production line instead of prototype/CEO use test beds, then maybe they wouldnt be in such a finacial crunch like they are now producing old fashioned powered vehicles wrapped up in modern style bodies.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 14-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Also remember that this technology are said to be based on extra-terretrial techs. So we perhaps shouldn't get our minds stuck on what is earthly possible or logical in earths laws measured.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

And in the years before the first Ford horseless carriage, people used to say the same thing..it wont work, never will replace the horse, and your wasting your time.

Ford never proposed a free-energy device to power his horseless carriage which broke the laws of physics.

At one time people thought that Capt. Kirk's communicator was just something from science fiction and would never be a reality.

It still isn't. Cellphones only (sometimes) LOOK like Kirk's Communicator, but they don't operate under the same technology.

Once people thought that putting up a satellite was rediculous and it would fall out of the sky.

Satellites do routinely fall out of the sky and burn up in the atmosphere. The trick is to make them fall long enough in order to make them useful and recoup the costs of putting them up there.

Even Earth's own natural satellite, the MOON, is not in a completely stable orbit. It's moving away from the Earth at about 3.8 centimeters per year. The span of human history is only the blink of an eye in regards to the age of the Earth, but in that blink, the moon has moved roughly half a mile away from us. 1,500 miles since the time of the Dinosaurs.

Further, by "people", you must mean the people who lived before Sir Issac Newton's time. Since the principles behind orbital mechanics were known since the 15th century, and had been postulated to be possible even long before they were worked out in any reliable mathematical detail.

We just never had a means to get those satellites into orbit nor any real use for them until 20th century technology provided the enabling factors which allowed satellites to be both practical and useful.

Obtaining energy from water is not byond physics. Once you extract the hydrogen, there is far more power in one molecule of hydrogen than you can ever get from any other source..including oil.

Point being, however, that the energy required to extract that one molecule of hydrogen is higher than what that one molecule can provide. If you'd read your own links, and do your research, you'd know that Electrolysis (which is what is being claimed) is one of the least efficient and most energy expensive methods for extracting hydrogen - which is why it only accounts for about 4% of the total world production. Not to mention that you would still need an OUTSIDE energy source to maintain the process. Furthermore, the necessary infrastructure for desalination and purification, storage, transport, refueling, etc is too prohibitively costly to be seen as a viable alternative at the present time. To say nothing of the manufacturing process which currently involves some rather rare and very expensive materials such as Platinum - making it pretty much a no-no for mass production.

Sorry bud, but water-fueled electrolysis powered vehicles are a pipe dream built on bad economics and pseudoscience. We'd be much better off increasing our nuclear power infrastructure and converting people over to electric cars.

Post Note: The Hydrogen Car you linked to works on VERY different principals than the one proposed in the OP article. That one you must actually fuel up on mass produced hydrogen which it then converts to electricity with a byproduct of water emissions, it's not trying to draw hydrogen out of water and either burning that - or "recycling it" to produce more water with which to use as fuel.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Lasheic]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
He could have bought a cheap buggy and put one of those kits in it that does the same thing.
It does improve fuel efficiency but of course still needs fossil fuel.
Maybe he just wanted it as a historical thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wow what an extremely prejudiced article. You know there's no such thing as a "law" of physics. There's only an approximation that gets used until a better one replaces it. People like you won't advance the world one inch. It's the "heretics" and experimenters that truly advance the world.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by broli
Wow what an extremely prejudiced article. You know there's no such thing as a "law" of physics. There's only an approximation that gets used until a better one replaces it. People like you won't advance the world one inch. It's the "heretics" and experimenters that truly advance the world.

Funny. Our entire technological world operates on our understanding of the laws of physics. New discoveries, inventions, and innovations are made using predictions set forth by these laws of physics.

Science works. Pseudoscience doesn't. Science advances our technology and understanding, but Pesudoscience has never advanced mankind's knowledge and has produced NO working applications - ever. Aside from science fiction.

The very people you claim won't allow the world to move forward one inch are the ONLY people who are standing between you, a loincloth, and a cave.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This reminds me of an episode of that new show Fringe.....

That Stan Meyer guy sounds a lot like the crazy scientist guy on the show..

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic
reply to post by RFBurns

Sorry bud, but water-fueled electrolysis powered vehicles are a pipe dream built on bad economics and pseudoscience. We'd be much better off increasing our nuclear power infrastructure and converting people over to electric cars.

As much as you'd like to believe that you're right and everyone else is wrong, I hate to disappoint, but the truth is quite the opposite here.
Water-fueled electrolysis powered vehicles are not a pipe dream. The only thing that stands in the way, is an efficient means to keep the power cycle going. Your type are hung up on the notion that it's about perpetual motion, or over-unity. It's more about developing a means to keep the power cycle running efficiently. I'll give you a few examples of why this is not a pipe dream. Any one of these or all of them could be combined to achieve a vehicle with near limitless energy potential, and it is all based on real science...

Water Fueled Electrolysis Car

New Efficient Energy Storage Material

Replicated Efficient Photosynthesis Energy Storage

New Solar Cell Material

It would seem that you yourself would do well to do more research, and take on a more analytical approach, rather than just throwing brash judgement out on things you don't very well understand.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic

Funny. Our entire technological world operates on our understanding of the laws of physics. New discoveries, inventions, and innovations are made using predictions set forth by these laws of physics.

Science works. Pseudoscience doesn't. Science advances our technology and understanding, but Pesudoscience has never advanced mankind's knowledge and has produced NO working applications - ever. Aside from science fiction.

Thats because it's 'pseudoscience' right up until the point its accepted and then it's 'we knew it all along'
accepted as 'science'.

The very people you claim won't allow the world to move forward one inch are the ONLY people who are standing between you, a loincloth, and a cave.

We are advancing, we are just being guided into a certain direction IMO, a direction that will take us longer to get where we need to go.

I used to like Stephen Greer but something has definitely changed, his priority is no longer 'truth' and 'disclosure' but more about distraction now, something just doesn't seem right.

EMM

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Your first example, that Japanese Water car from Genepax. First off, you should understand that news agencies and non-peer reviewed sources (including, say, New Scientist and National Geographic) are not held to the stringent litmus of accuracy in what they report. Speculation is easily interchangeable with fact. Further, they post a refutation of Genepax's claims at the end of the video description. The professor in question is saying the exact same thing I am - that water is not a fuel, and would still require an OUTSIDE energy supply to keep the electrolysis going. The video goes on to state that Genepax has refused to reveal the technology behind their car's "amazing" abilities.

Truth is demonstrable - and since Genepax cannot provide evidence of the validity of their claim, nor can they find a sponsor to lease their technology out to, what do you think is the most likely set of conclusions to draw? It's a fraud.

Your second link has nothing at all to do with Water Electrolysis. It's a medium for the storage of electricity. Keep focus on the issue at hand. The issue is whether or not WATER ALONE can provide renewable energy without an outside source of energy. The storage capacity of the batteries in the vehicle are of no consequence.

Your third link has to do with the efficient collection and storage of solar power. It has nothing to do with a water fueled car.

Your fourth link, again, deals with Solar Cells... not Water fueled cars. Note, however, the wording in the articles header. "Almost 100%"... not "100%" and certainly not "Over 100%". It doesn't break the laws of physics. Even if it's 99.999999% efficent, there's still .0000001% energy loss during operation.

So.... what exactly are you trying to prove by bringing in real-world scientific discoveries to try and validate a pseudoscientific claim? If you apply these real scientific discoveries to the Water Powered vehicle, you know - by bringing in an external power source (which I suspect you're trying to do), then you're completely defeating your own purpose.

(Edit: Further, a combination of high battery capacity with remarkably high solar cell efficiency would effectively completely negate any reason to even bother with a hydrogen car powered by electrolysis. Why not just cut out all the inefficient junk in the middle and run purely on solar power? Automobiles such as the Tesla Roadster have already proven it's possible to have all the acceleration, horsepower, and distance in an electric car to rival any gasoline powered vehicle. So once again... electrolysis is a non-economical pipe dream, because by the time the technology is matured enough for mass production, better and more economical solutions will already be available without the need to completely overhaul our fuel infrastructure)

EMM~

Thats because it's 'pseudoscience' right up until the point its accepted and then it's 'we knew it all along' accepted as 'science'.

Since when? "Hypothesis" is not synonymous with "pseudoscience", and you're sadly mistaken if you think it is. Name ONE discovery, one technological triumph, one way in which our understanding of the world has been improved through the application of pseudoscience?

We are advancing, we are just being guided into a certain direction IMO, a direction that will take us longer to get where we need to go.

Then please, by all means, name a methodology for discovery which would be a more reliable, faster, cheaper, and of greater benefit to mankind. Detail it for me, please.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I agree with this quote about science...

A science is made of facts as a house is made of stones; but a collection of facts is not more a science than a heap of stones is a house. - Henri Poincaré

Just last night i was watching a video on liquid helium that was being cooled to almost absolute zero, when it reached this point it defied laws of physics...
here is the video... www.wimp.com...

my point is... our laws of physics is our laws, i still think there is more to be found out, plenty more.

as for Mr Greer..maybe he purchased this item as a collector? He is making his statement more of a novelty now than a crusade.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Optix]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Dr. Steven Greer gets Stan Meyer's Dune buggy 1 of 6

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I definitely think water-as-fuel technology is real. It gets a bad rap in certain circles, just like "Cold Fusion" and certain other "game-changer" technologies, but I think it's the real deal.

Should be interesting to see what happens with this in the next few weeks and months....

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's a shame, but imo Greer is doing more harm than good for the disclosure project. I remember being intrigued by wath this man had to say, these days, hearing his name rather tends to steer me away from whatever it is he is participating in.

Now, on another note. For 120k, I wouldn't have bought me a rusty old buggy that doesn't even run anymore. I would've gotten me one of these monsters:

[edit on 14/12/2008 by KrisFromGenk]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join