It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Close up Earth Photos!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Moon Close up pictures taken an hour ago. Notice Blue and purple halo around the circumference of the moon.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Wow, amazing pictures, especially the first one.

Great work mate.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Edit: Double Post, ignore.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by DarkPassenger]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
May be the moon has an atmosphere after all?

Nice pics

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here is one that makes a great desktop background or print out.

Large image 4317x4506 HERE

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The first picture looks as though it has sections. The same sort of thing you would imagine to see if the moon was entirely manufactured from steel.

As for an atmosphere, I see no evidence.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The "sectioning" is one of the first things I ever noticed about moon closeups. I've yet to hear a satisfactory explaination as to why they are there. Most people (despite the origins of the picture) will just say "oh, it was taken in many passes, the lines are just where the photo was stitched together.

RFBurns - thanks for the high quality photo - that's now my new desktop!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Very nice,

I was just looking at the moon about an hour ago. It was as clear as these pictures.

I also saw a shooting star that lasted about 1-2 seconds. Sure did made my day.

Thanks for posting these pictures!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Nice pics and thx for sharing them.

Been to cloudy here to see much of the moon lately.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
That is called chromatic aberration in optics.

In optics, chromatic aberration is caused by a lens having a different refractive index for different wavelengths of light (the dispersion of the lens).

Longitudinal and lateral chromatic aberration of a lens is seen as "fringes" of color around the image, because each color in the optical spectrum cannot be focused at a single common point on the optical axis.

Since the focal length f of a lens is dependent on the refractive index n, different wavelengths of light will be focused on different positions. Chromatic aberration can be both longitudinal, in that different wavelengths are focused at a different distance from the lens; and transverse or lateral, in that different wavelengths are focused at different positions in the focal plane (because the magnification of the lens also varies with wavelength).

Image from www.weasner.com...

Notice the blue and brown tinges?

en.wikipedia.org...
www.vanwalree.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Absolutely Gorgeous in every sense of the word, I have always wondered, with stories, and rumour that the moon was brought and placed into Earth orbit by ancient visitors, and with the history of different religions throughout the history of Mankind.

Not saying it is true at all, but if it was, and added to stories of the Gods coming from the sky, could the worship of the Luna Goddess, actually be right? could a highly advanced being, referred to as the Goddess actually have lived there?

We have all heard the rumours of it being hollow, hehe.. never mind

However the pictures posted are all MAGNIFICENT S&F for sharing such a wonderful set of pictures, we couldn't see it here after being blessed with gale force winds and torrents of rain, you have allowed me to witness it after all.

Not to long ago, my Family and I went to Jodrell Bank we watched a 3D movie which started off with one of the Apollo missions (CGI), close up of the Astronauts working, then the film pans backwards from that point right out so you can see the moon exactly like in the first image, that video gave a great prospective on how big the moon really is, and explained to me a question I have had since I was a little kid, why cant we see objects left on the moon through telescopes.

It was because I never imagined it being so big and immense, I know the statistics, but it didn't hit me until I saw that video, even from moon orbit it would be impossible to see activity on the surface, even with visual aids.

Thank you again for these pictures.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
With all the pock marks on the moon I wonder if we have ever documented an actual metorite hitting the moon.

Great pics on the day after the supermoon.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
On my computer the moon looks typical and with a dark black background. So, it's just gray,white and black. Someone might be filtering these other colors out.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The moon was formed from the core of an old black hole that came near the earth and then cooled. End of story. I heard this on Hannrafity and Cromer or something - that political show on Fox News.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Here is one that makes a great desktop background or print out.

Large image 4317x4506 HERE

Cheers!!!!
have you noticed in the crater above the large crater 3 quarters the way up on the right side , there seams to be a space shuttle parked init... im not joking .. if anyone knows how to capture i blown up image and post it i would welcome them to do it.. the shuttle is parked nose north \south Alined...

[edit on 13-12-2008 by fatdad]

new topics

top topics

join