It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Behind Internet Conspiracy Empires?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

What's Behind Internet Conspiracy Empires?

abcnews.go.com

A man standing on a street corner with a sign reading "the lizard people rule you all," or, "my neighbors are spying on me for the government" isn't likely to get many supporters.

But give that man a Web site template, or let him produce some slick videos on YouTube and, lo and behold, he may have thousands of people across the world supporting him.
Such is the story of several extraordinarily popular conspiracy theorists and theories online today.
Take the victims of gang stalking
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is about the 4th article that has come out about Gang Stalking and this article specifically points to the Gang Stalking World website. The article like the others wonders what the impact such sites are having on the mentally ill. The article might be part of a mainstream media effort to portray some Gang Stalking Websites in a negative light.

Many of the articles do not consider or mention the fact that Anti-Terror Laws are being used for stalking average citizens. They also do not consider the fact that there was a program called Cointelpro that performed a similar function to what others were discussing.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a case of lumping everyone into one category

I wonder what kind of rehabilitation and medication they will say that we need

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Way to go ABC. Condeming anyone who thinks about anything except the drivel you put out every day has mental problems and is delusional.

I'm not one of the ones who believe in a league of lizard people. However, I am glad they are there and the issue is out where people can decide for themselves.

Its due to stances such as this that your modern media empire is falling down around you.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Since the article is one of several that has come out over the last few weeks, the suggestion has been that this is a main stream media response to make the websites look crazy, harmful, or associate it with other negative sterotypes. They mention nothing about Cointelpro in these articles.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Somebody is getting ready to impliment some opressive legislaaationnnn.

The media is just setting the groundwork.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

They can go ahead and try...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Well a lot of people have been talking about this. They first attempted to link the sites to pro-suicide sites, and pro-anerexia sites, then they tried to paint the sites as deluded.

The idea seems to eventually suggest that the sites are harmful in some way. The articles that write about this, all refuse to discuss Cointelpro. If they can paint the sites as harmful, more specifically the sites that are providing the truth, and that they don't control, then that will be that.

I agree they are getting the publics mind geared that these sites are in someway harmful, and then they will try to restrict these sites if possible. I guess it's up to people that know the truth to try to prevent that from happening. I mean it's in the hands of the people right?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Harassment101: Do you have any other links for this? It is a very interesting topic and something that I would like to keep a peripheral eye on...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't think there's any legislation looming, on the other hand, some of these sites do sound pretty damned crazy

Really, is it healthy to encourage genuinely mentally ill people to believe their delusions are real?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Harassment101: Do you have any other links for this? It is a very interesting topic and something that I would like to keep a peripheral eye on...

You can check out www.TheHiddenEvil.com... it's very well researched website, it's by a Guy called Mark. M. Rich. You can check out the Gang STalking World site in the article.

There are several others, but these have relavent information that you can go and research for yourself to see if it's true.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wow, I have found this quote to be a great description of what happens in the mind of the conpiratorial paranoid.

According to MacDonald, most delusions begin with general, unexplained feelings of discontent that are caused by a problem with the brain. It's only when someone tries to search for an explanation for their feelings that a delusion forms.

"Then over time, the delusions become crystallized -- meaning they take on particular narratives, story lines and people's motives begin to be fleshed out," said MacDonald. "When one thing isn't explained, it's never abandoned. The plot just thickens ... and you credit your persecutor with a tremendous amount of power."

MacDonald said it can make it difficult to do talk therapy when delusional people feed their story from outside sources or find evidence with other conspiracy plots.

They hit it on the head.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Did you read the comments about that quote? I think those were fitting.
Did you check where the source got their information?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm sure it does effect a lot of the mentally ill, who like with anything don't ask questions about their own conspiracies, but instead only question the written story. On the other hand, I think conspiracy sites are a good thing; I don't at all consider myself a conspiracy theorist, I just enjoy reading what other people are thinking. I like reading what some skeptics think of real world events, because I'm sure 1/100 time someone is right about something, even if I can debunk the rest with logic or my knowledge of the event(s). I also listen to liberal radio/TV, and conservative radio/TV...to me it's a way to help decipher the truth, and cut out the noise, I think it's healthy.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The problem is some of the Gang Stalking websites can show information that the average person can go and research for themselves. Let me give you some examples, so you understand this better.

www.Thehiddenevil.com...

Welcome. This website is devoted to explaining a global program of torture, murder & persecution which I call the Hidden Evil. It includes a vast network of plain-clothed citizen informants, which is used for public stalking, & the use of Directed Energy Weapons on targeted individuals. All core factions of the community are involved, & everyone, from seniors to children, participates in Gang Stalking. Governments have used these groups in some form since the Roman Empire. The Hidden Evil is an example of this pattern repeating itself.

The citizens' network patrols the streets of your neighborhoods. The evidence suggests that this network is not just part of a sub-culture within society, but that it literally permeates all aspects of it, & is therefore, part of the mainstream. As I'll demonstrate, this has happened before. The network is the creation of supra-governmental Think Tanks, which are made up of people of tremendous wealth. These Think Tanks manipulate your government like a puppet. So, in essence, these wealthy individuals control your streets.

The public front portion of the program currently appears to emanate from a Department of Homeland Security initiative, known as, Citizen Corps. It is partnered with a National Neighborhood Watch program called, USAonWatch, which conducts citizen patrols. It is directed by FEMA, the FBI, & the National Sheriffs' Association. The public front is supported by individuals & groups of informants, that have no official ties to any state organization, & is also run by the FBI & other federal agencies. These federal agencies work directly with local governments to coordinate the activities of this colossal network. Other countries apparently have similar ones.

The citizen patrols (Gang Stalking) are done under the guise of keeping an eye on internal threats to state security & cleaning up neighborhoods. As I'll demonstrate, this is exactly what the informant networks in East Germany & Russia were told when they were recruited into these state-sponsored programs. These are essentially global Psychological Warfare operations, done with the support of the civilian population. On the neighborhood level, despite claims of patriotism, the main reasons for their participation are empowerment & adventure.

Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) & other behavior modification tools are used as weapons during public harassment. These attacks are combined with military-grade, silent, through-the-wall Directed Energy Weapons (DEW), & advanced electronic surveillance equipment. Many people are attacked night & day with these weapons.

I have found that this social pathogen is a symptom of a heavily corrupted society under psychopathic rule. The program, in its basic form, is part of a re-occurring historical theme, which includes psychopaths gaining control of governments, & using a percentage of the population to destroy their enemies. This is done to pave the way for an overt dictatorship, & is always done under the banner of righteousness. In its current form, it is part of a political movement known as the New World Order. On this site, I'll describe what Think Tanks are behind it. From top to bottom, the Hidden Evil is about power & control.

It's easy to condemn something if you don't go out and find out what they are about and what they are saying.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
gangstalkingworld.com...

The Gang Stalking World website was created to bring exposure and awareness to the growing and devastating phenomenon that some are calling Gang Stalking. To find out more about Gang Stalking and what it is you can start here Gang stalking FAQ's

Gang Stalking has many aspects to it. The emotional and psychological abuse that the Targeted Individual suffers is very similar to what targets of workplace mobbing suffer. On this level the mobbing community are our closest relations, and this is why Gang Stalking has also been termed community mobbing by some.
arts.uwaterloo.ca...
mobbing-usa.com...

Gang Stalking is also very similar in relationship to the Cointelpro program that was instituted by the American Government to disrupt and destroy dissidence. During her post as U.S. State representative Cynthia McKinney had sought to have investigations into Cointelpro re-opened. Just like many others she felt that some aspects of this program had continued into the present.
www.scoop.co.nz...
uk.youtube.com...

Further research has also shown that what is happening to targets is comparable to what happened in East Germany and other countries with armies of Citizen Informants being employed by the State to place Targeted Individuals under 24/7 surveillance. Research is showing that there are in fact networks of individuals being hired by the state in various countries to track and spy on average citizens. The spying includes email and phone taps. Being followed around in public by hired Covert Human Intelligence Sources. Having these same Informants move into the houses around the target when possible. Following them around in vehicle and foot patrols, plus many other forms of intrusive surveillance.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.sundayherald.com...

www.aclu.org...

www.youtube.com...

Individuals and Families under these types of surveillance are often not aware, and if they do become aware and go to seek help, they are often written off by the establishment as paranoid, psychotic, or crazy. The modern day reality is that without proper investigations, Freedom Of Information Act requests, and other proper forms of inquiry a true assessment might be impossible to determine. The secondary problem is that many of these investigations are ending up in secret databases, which the public has no access to. F.O.I.A. requests are no longer a sure fire way to determine if an individual is under surveillance.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Canadian Privacy Commissioners warning about secret databases
www.corbettreport.com...

In other time periods where people have suffered unjust prosecution and injustice this modern day targeting is no different and only by bridging the awareness gap and helping people to waking up to the reality of what is really happening can we begin to affect the change needed to stop this.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Harassment101

Wow... Gangstalking seems like what happens when total schizoparanoia meets youtube.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The only reason to dismiss conspiracy theories out of hand is a compliance with the people these theories are about.

To scoff at the notion that dark men have subverted free society through stealth and guile is quite possibly the most terrifying thing I've ever heard.

Dismissing these theories like they are somehow "crackpot" is quite ridiculous and the mark of an ignorant mind, as if history has taught us nothing else, it's that greed begets wealth begets power begets corruption begets institutionalised slavery.

And it's not like the NWO is particularly subtle, either, it's just the majority of people accept authority figures like they were put there by God.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Harassment101

Wow... Gangstalking seems like what happens when total schizoparanoia meets youtube.

Or what happens when Cointelpro meets Stasi tactics.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
The only reason to dismiss conspiracy theories out of hand is a compliance with the people these theories are about.

To scoff at the notion that dark men have subverted free society through stealth and guile is quite possibly the most terrifying thing I've ever heard.

Dismissing these theories like they are somehow "crackpot" is quite ridiculous and the mark of an ignorant mind, as if history has taught us nothing else, it's that greed begets wealth begets power begets corruption begets institutionalised slavery.

And it's not like the NWO is particularly subtle, either, it's just the majority of people accept authority figures like they were put there by God.

as to your first paragraph it is not the only reason, but perhaps the only logical reason, fortunately people are not that logical when they are fed info from corporate marketing perspectives and political agendas from the MSM. couple this with the ability of a mind to rationalize away what it is not preferred to view as an option/possibility in a unbiased way (painful possible truths) and you have a unknowing willingly ignorant population about a great deal of topics where money and corruption run deep.

top topics

join