It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama a 'criminal' according to Ahmadinejad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by heather65
reply to post by sos37

i'm actually wide awake.
you seem to relish the idea of obama failing at creating "civility" between nations who do not agree.
in my opinion, you seem to be rooting for armed conflict.

That's where you are mistaken. I don't want armed conflict any more than the next guy. I favor peace and prosperity. You think Obama is going to create "civility" between nations who do not agree because that's what he told you during the campaigns.

I say he told you that to get elected. I no more believe that's his agenda than I believe the Golden Gate Bridge is actually gold. Some of those nations have been in conflict for generations - do you really think that because Obama steps in and says "C'mon guys, peace" that they're going to fall inline like good boys and girls?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by sos37
Why do you give it any legitimacy at all?

Because, insane or not, he is still a dangerous man that needs to be dealt with. In that news article the Iranians rallying were yelling "Death to Israel, death to U.S.A." and he appears to be egging it on. Now, with Iran poised to obtain nuclear power and possibly a nuclear weapon, can we really afford not to do anything? But that's totally off topic.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by sos37]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

"I say he told you that to get elected. I no more believe that's his agenda than I believe the Golden Gate Bridge is actually gold. Some of those nations have been in conflict for generations - do you really think that because Obama steps in and says "C'mon guys, peace" that they're going to fall inline like good boys and girls?"

it's better than having a leader who throws his hands up and says forget about it, what's the use of trying?
you see, it's like my replies to your thread. i'm still communicating with you, yet i disagree.
i have not insulted your intelligence as you did mine.
i'm still willing to agree to disagree and have civil dialogue with someone you comes across as angry/hostile/pessimistic.
i'd like to give my president-elect a chance to show his intentions as far as foreign relations and what approach he decides to follow regarding the iranian gentleman.
you don't. or every fiber in your being just can't allow obama to at least try and avoid quagmires like iraq.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by heather65]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Ali Khamenei is the Supreme Leader of Iran. Next in authority is Ahmadinejad. He is Khamenei's mouthpiece. He does not say anything that the Supreme Leader disagrees with, else his days would be very numbered.

When Khamenei starts issuing press releases that conflict with Ahmadinjad, then I'll pay attention to them.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad will say anything to cause dismay among Americans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join