It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music 5X faster then light!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I was watching the discovery science channel last night and they showed this one man who can send Sound waves from one point to another 5X faster than the speed of light.. any one know where I can find a link to this topic!! woah! technology is zooming before our eyes!

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I would find you at link. but that horrid yellow text you used has burned my retinas beyond repair and I will never see again..

Thankyou.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You've been duped. No such thing, or you misunderstood what the meaning was of the show.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Did you see the show freemason..??

If you didn't then let the guy be man... How the hell do you know he's been duped.. have you evidence to the contrary.. I haven't met you although I have read alot of your threads... And now I know what they write about you is coming to fruition..

Chris

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I do, it is called nothing goes faster than the speed of light, OR he's mistaken and while his music technically isn't going faster than the speed of light, the occillations of the waves are...that sorta thing.

But for one, the speed of sound is 750 miles per hour in our atmospheric composition, it can be no different.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Sry About the yellow, hope blacks better.
btw Mason you have no clue what you talking about..

I do, it is called nothing goes faster than the speed of light, OR he's mistaken and while his music technically isn't going faster than the speed of light, the occillations of the waves are...that sorta thing.

Maybe their are stuff faster than the speed of light, stuff we haven't discovered yet like for examples so called alien crafts that have been known to go 30X faster than the speed of light..Btw the scientist who did this project with the sound did'nt use regular sound waves he said he used used some type of supersonic sounds in small clumbs whatever he called it..
Wish I understood him he talked to fast and hardly knew any english.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here is alink to aprevious thread which may help you.

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   
"I do, it is called nothing goes faster than the speed of light"

someone forgot to attend physics 101 didn't they.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
ermm....

I thought nothing could go faster than light, and if it did, it wasn't truly going faster than light.... Has something to with gaining more mass and needed in a nearly infinite amount of energy to reach ftl velocitie's, right?

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
"stuff we haven't discovered yet like for examples so called alien crafts that have been known to go 30X faster than the speed of light.."
Quote from Beast4rmDaEast
Quick question: How can "stuff we haven't discovered yet" possibly be "know to go 30X faster than the speed of light" if it has not yet been discovered?

Just curious..

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by e-nonymous
ermm....

I thought nothing could go faster than light, and if it did, it wasn't truly going faster than light.... Has something to with gaining more mass and needed in a nearly infinite amount of energy to reach ftl velocitie's, right?

Do you mean that light has no mass, therefore no inertia, and cannot be acted upon by friction or air resistance, so it can move as fast as is physically possible?

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
And shouldnt this be in S&T?

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
WTF?

I thought light didn't have any mass
LOL ....

Stop making my head hurt

If light had mass... how can it travel the speed of light?
omg... that make's no sense

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
I do, it is called nothing goes faster than the speed of light,

Is this a new theory of yours Free Mason?

And Lupe, again you simply attack the person without contributing to the discussion. My, how I am familiar with that.

And e-nonymous, light does not have mass, but it can be influenced by gravity.

In reality, there are many opportunities for a mass to travel faster than light. The hard part is accelerating that mass to and beyond light, actually, it's impossible. As you accelerate a mass to C, it's mass approaches infinity, and thus requires infinite energy to reach C.

Accelerated to light, and going faster than light are two different things.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Winston,

I though CiderGood_HeadacheBad was trying to tell me it did have mass
read his post before mine

Originally posted by FreeMason
I do, it is called nothing goes faster than the speed of light,

Ermmm..... I wouldn't say it's an original theory of his
AFAIK, nothing can go faster than light, but it can 'seem' like something is.... right?

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I understand what Cider was attempting to portray, it is wrong.

Current understanding allows for objects to travel faster than the speed of light, but not accelerate to, nor past.

Tachyons, for example, are theoretical particles that never travel slower than light.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Tachyons key word...THEORETICAL...as for anything else, not without concerted effort can they excellerate anything past the speed of light, I've heard about that wave osscilation thing you can do with a home made kit, and the particle that they excellerated to a tremendous speed past that of light, but as for something such as a sound wave...no.

There's not even debating any of this, sound waves can only travel as fast as the medium they are in allows, the very idea it can go 5X the speed of light, is preposterous.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Freemason.. My mind boggles as to why the hell you even bother posting sometimes. You say in your first post that NOTHING can travel faster than the speed of light.

Freemason.

Now in your last post you say things can go faster than the speed of light..

...as for anything else, not without concerted effort can they excellerate anything past the speed of light
Freemason.

Mate get your story straight..Your confusing the world with your try hard wisdom.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Music sounds better than light. So booyah, music wins.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Obviously OzChris the first statement simply was too broad a category, and anyone with half a brain, would realize the difference between the speed of sound, and light, and that sound only travels where there is a medium to travel in, because it is a wave in that medium therefore it will never travel faster than the speed of light.

Stop being a gay liberal, only gay liberals knit-pick at little descrepancies that have nothing to do with the over-all point, because they can't understand what other's are talking about.

Sincerely,
no signature

top topics

<<   2 >>

join