It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Machu Picchu Mummy, Gold Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
—Archaeologists in Peru have discovered an Inca mummy and artifacts, including gold jewelry, near the ancient mountain citadel of Machu Picchu.

VIDEO contained in this link-->news.nationalgeographic.com...

LIMA, Peru–Peruvian government archaeologists have found an Incan mummy and 25 ceremonial objects in a dig within the Machu Picchu state park.

Lead archaeologist Homar Gallegos says the sex and age of the ancient Inca is still unknown. The team plans to analyze the mummy's remains and the ceremonial objects in a laboratory in the nearby city of Cuzco, the ancient capital of the Inca empire.

Gallegos says the tomb held gold brooches, ceramic plates and ceramic vessels decorated in pairs as man and woman, representing the concept of Andean duality.

Gallegos said Friday that the mummy was found some 20 kilometres from the Incan citadel of Machu Picchu at a site called Torontoy, which functioned as a trade post.
www.thestar.com...

Day by day north and south america is revealing an amazing history.

I met some Andean shamans. Amazing stories. Some call there land Atlantis or the place where Atlanteans have gone. I wouldnt doubt money will make them say anything. But none the less. cool find.

I am a little lazy at the moment to go an search but were there any bodies or 'treasures' found at machu picchu mouintain top in the past?

[edit on 11-12-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've always wondered if machu pichu was once a coastal city when the area experienced a much much higher water level / lower altitude.

-

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
I've always wondered if machu pichu was once a coastal city when the area experienced a much much higher water level / lower altitude.

-

You know dood, i think the same thing sometimes. There is evidence of ancient gardening around lake titticaca but the alititude cannot support the size of crops they were growing but if the water was higher the land alititude would be lower allowing vegitation to grow. This is possible on a smaller earth or an extremely flooded one where the water would be almost 1 km high or more.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Very interesting and nice find OP.

I read somewhere that the entire Machu Picchu state park was off-limits to archaeological excavation, that must been either false information or revoked.

As for the gardening at lake titicaca, they used an ingenius method.
They talk a little about it HERE. What they would do is use raised beds, which were fed by irrigation channels between the raised beds. The irrigation channels were warmed by the sun during the day, the water would then radiate heat at night keeping the crops from freezing or being damaged by frost on cold nights. It even extended their growing season.

new topics

top topics

join