It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I know everyone is too caught up with the terrorist threats and everything and we lose sight on the weird weather we've been having lately.
I noticed today that my barometer dropped from 30 inches down to 28.45 inches in the past 3 days, quite a drop, but i have rarely seen it below 29 inches let alone below 28.5. I know the lower the barometer is the more chance of rain there is but it was raining when it was at 30 inches. I also just heard some thunder rumbling too.

hrm any takes on this?

M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
it may just be the cause of global warming/cooling (depending on your views)

The government or world governments may be doing weather altering experiments in your area tho...

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well HAARP went off over the weekend, let me find the thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also 137.229.36.30...

and from noaa's site you can still see the electromagnetic disturbances, www.n3kl.org...

Also i don't believe in global warming, i did research on it for school and there would be a lot of benefits to it.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
28.45 is extremly low if you are near sea level. That is the kinda pressure you'll see in a minimal to moderate hurricane.

Are you sure that your barometer is working properly?

I firmly believe that humans are responsible for global climate change with our nasty practices of pumping carbon and other stuff in the atmosphere.

M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by crispexi
Also i don't believe in global warming, i did research on it for school and there would be a lot of benefits to it.

so is it global cooling for you?

yeah haarp seems to have gone wild over the weekend

here are a couple of recent weird weather news stories

www.waff.com...

www.fayettevillenc.com... 44

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
i showed it to my dad, he said the same thing, the pressure would be really low in the eye of a hurricane like this, he said that its very low, and it went a little lower since i posted.
I only heard thunder once so it's not ilke a huge storm, in fact it stopped raining here.

This reminds me of the time i kept seeing lightning during winter, and i thought nothing of it, but it kept happening. Later on my dad asked me if i was seeing the blue flashes outside or if he was just seeing things, and i told him i saw them too.. hrm

Global warming has more to do with solar activity not the amount of Co2 we put into the atmosphere. co2 would be beneficial, as well as a increase in temperature by a few degrees. the more co2 you have the more plants thrive. in greenhouses they specifically raise the co2 levels by 50% and the plants fair much better then. so even if we have a lot of co2 it's creating a lot of food for plants to even out the levels in the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by M

so is it global cooling for you?

yeah haarp seems to have gone wild over the weekend

here are a couple of recent weird weather news stories

www.waff.com...

www.fayettevillenc.com... 44

from the second article
"according to the usually reliable Farmers' Almanac, coming days of rain and cold will give way to much warmer temperatures on March 16."

yeah really, we had some really nice weather, up to 75F in the afternoons and now we're expecting snow tomorrow and tuesday.

and in reply to jrod i forgot to mention that i'm 90 feet above sea level and about an hour and a half north of the atlantic in connecticut.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
CO2, Sulphur Dioxide, CH4, CFCs, .....theres all kinds of stuff we've been pumping into the atmosphere that shouldnt be there, not to mention the effects of slash and burn practices in the rain forest and other ways we f up the landscape.

We are affecting the climate. Solar activity is a major player in climate of course that is outa our control. The problem with more CO2 is it absorbs solar radiation in the form of heat, the more CO2 in the atmosphere the more heat it will store from the sun.
EDIT: I was a little off, CO2 has a minor greenhouse effect, but the trend of more and more in the atomosphere is still something that should be noted, there are other more powerful greenhouse gasses that we are pumping in the atomosphere.

We are killing the plant life so saying more CO2 is good for them when there we are killing them and pumping their ashes(more Carbon) in the atmosphere is not logical.

I have researched a little on humans affect on the the climate and I know there are some idiots IMO with degrees who say its not true, but to me it is ridiculously obvious that our actions are affecting the global climate.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by jrod]

M

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   

yeah really, we had some really nice weather, up to 75F in the afternoons and now we're expecting snow tomorrow and tuesday.

Yeah its even weirder than the barometer!

Also maybe there are incidences of this happening in the past in your area. Or ask around the neighborhood to see if anyone else's barometre is that low

Originally posted by jrod
I have researched a little on humans affect on the the climate and I know there are some idiots IMO with degrees who say its not true, but to me it is ridiculously obvious that our actions are affecting the global climate

I've never heard of people who dont think that we are affecting the climate!

Global cooling is where the dust we put into the atmosphere blocks out the sun's radiation and therefore also heat.

Global warming:
An increase in the average temperature of the earth's atmosphere, especially a sustained increase sufficient to cause climatic change.
-dictionary.com-

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
in maine. pretty normal, ayup. Where in NE are you at?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
michigan is #ing cold today... woke up at 6 this morning to a 10 degree windchill!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
yeah, the weather has been really weird here too, Upstate NY, it was almost 50ish yesterday, then the temp dropped below freezing and it snowed!! go figure. Man do i hate snow! hopefully the weirdness is over, and we can go back to spring time. I am soo afraid to put my plants outside, for fear of frost

top topics

join