It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think it stinks now . . . preditions on what's coming . . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

8 really, really scary predictions

Fortune came out with this little tidbit today as provided by CNN . . . from what they're saying, the upcoming holidays may be the last hurrah for a lot of folks before the economic thumbscrews get turned down to the cuticles . . .

Things are going to be awful for everyday people. U.S. GDP growth is going to be negative through the end of 2009. And the recovery in 2010 and 2011, if there is one, is going to be so weak - with a growth rate of 1% to 1.5% - that it's going to feel like a recession. I see the unemployment rate peaking at around 9% by 2010. The value of homes has already fallen 25%. In my view, home prices are going to fall by another 15% before bottoming out in 2010.

More 'predictions' at the bottom of the page

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Nothing snesational here. There have been more dire predictions than these

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

yup! There goes the neborhood!

I keep getting the idea that by mid-year next, how many of the stores are open now for christmas will be empty storefronts.

One of the banks I do business with, the bank in a massively populated area, has put up buletproof plexieglass between the tellers and the bankers windows. Signs of the times?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Bet you can't wait to work for the "New New Deal!" Then you can work for the military industrial complex as extra cheap labor or for the military when we go to war.

top topics

join