It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...who else lives in a possible nuclear strike zone?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hi everyone.

I did a search on this topic and couldnt really find a similar one. (if there is one i am sure the Mod's will let me know
)

I live in Townsville (Queensland, Australia). We have a large Army base (1 battalion stationed here...soon to be 2) as well as an Airforce base.

I figure that in the event of a nuclear conflict, Townville would definately be a primary Australian target.

Its a cheery thought!

Anyone else sitting on a possible "ground zero?"

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eternal_vigilance

I used to be. I lived in Cheyenne, Wyoming which is like number 3 on the hot list of hit places. Now I live in Rexburg, Idaho which is far away from any critical strike zones. Boise is closest and hopefully the currents will take the fallout south of us as it shows on this map. I think ATS members will find this facinating. Enjoy!

www.ki4u.com...

Let me know what you guys think!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Yeah man, I'm moving from Bunbur, Western Australia (2 hours south of Perth, also a hole) and am wondering if 200km's away would be effected? I think it may be the new capital of WA if anyone decides backwards WA is worth targetting, lmao.

Also am moving to Melbourne, Victoria in under a month and I know that has a bullseye all over it

Nothing will hit the fan until beginning of 2012 and therefore I plan on owning my own little place in the middle of the hills somewhere, then when the oceans rise I'll be safe!

Also NZ looks like if anything happens as far as poles changing that it will be about as big as Australia, there is many maps showing it as a massive landmark in a post apocalyptic world. Just remember whatever happens, Tasmania's gotta be first to go.........right!?!
ROFLMAO!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

Now I live in Rexburg, Idaho which is far away from any critical strike zones.

Didn't the US government/army/bad guys just buy a heap of land in idaho? I'm sure it was one of the safest post apocalyptic places on the planet until I read the land was being bought up by these guys, obviously predictions changed somewhat and they chnaged their plan. Idaho has mountains and a fresh water lake doesn't it?

The link you gave is what I beleive to be one of thousands already up and running. One that springs to mind fastest is the Allies List from educat-yourself.org, some interesting info on that site for people with time or interest. Good to see these groups are already underway.

Just make sure if you plan on living the post apocalyptic - lol - that you buy an ATS t-shirt so people know you're a friendly, lmao!

[edit on 10/12/2008 by kingdogol]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I live about 6 or 7 miles from Devonport navel base in Plymouth, it has subs and ships in and out. So I'm probably on the 'list' somewhere near the top - I wouldn't say first strike though.

Although saying that there is a very huge underground site of interest on the opposite bank of the river - so who knows?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I live 45 minutes north of San Fransico and an hour west of Sacramento in the USA, pretty much darned if ya do darned if ya dont. WIth the jet stream and all; even if there is a nuclear bomb over seas the fall out will eventually hit here. I have a friend whos brother works in a gov lab down south they have been monitoring the jet stream for sometime...

They found out 5 years or so ago that pollen as far away as India was hitting the south of cali like a month after they had their highest pollen count over in India.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I found this link to a list of possible Australian targets.

www.aussurvivalist.com...

Hmmm...where to go in the event of nuclear war...Tasmania?...New Zealand?...Tasmania?...New Zealand?...hmmm..... NEW ZEALAND!!

hahaha

(Sorry Tasmania...you know we love you)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by eternal_vigilance
So...who else lives in a possible nuclear strike zone?

In a way, I think we all on this earth do.

Maybe there are places with a higher chance of getting hit, but if you have in mind the astronomical number of nuclear missiles that exists, one can be sure that none of us is completely safe anyway.

Peace, I hope.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

(Sorry Tasmania...you know we love you)

Damn! Tasmania wasn't on that list!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sator

but if you have in mind the astronomical number of nuclear missiles that exists, one can be sure that none of us is completely safe anyway.

Wow man, if I woke up thinking that every morning I'm sure I would have already topped myself. that is the most true yet saddest thing I've read all day. I say anyone who wants to war we send to the moon and anyone who wants to live a peaceful existence gets to stay here on Earth. After all I think a neew moon would be cool............maybe a Windows Vista Logo! LMAO
ROFLMAO

[edit on 10/12/2008 by kingdogol]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Ok...I agree that in the event of a nuclear conflict we are all quite possibly screwed...but not everywhere would be a prime target...even with all the nuclear weapons in the world

I would think (and this is just complete guesswork on my part) that like any other sort of conflict, a nuclear battle would have primary targets for a "first wave" and then secondary targets.

It was these targets I was sort of referring to with my post...if that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Sator

Ok...I agree that in the event of a nuclear conflict we are all quite possibly screwed...but not everywhere would be a prime target...even with all the nuclear weapons in the world

I would think (and this is just complete guesswork on my part) that like any other sort of conflict, a nuclear battle would have primary targets for a "first wave" and then secondary targets.

It was these targets I was sort of referring to with my post...if that makes sense.

Yes it makes sense, and you are right: there will be "primary targets".

The thing is, the last time humans used nuclear weapons in a war, there were just two of them all together (as far as the public has been informed)... and they were "weak" (comparing to what we have today).

What I tried to make clear (and failed) is that we should avoid the use of such weapons at all cost. Because it doesn't really matter what the primary targets are... as you put it, "we are all quite possibly screwed" if the first one goes of, no matter where.... Surely it would be a non-day for people in "ground zero", but the aftermath wouldn't be pleasant anywhere.

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

Cool! I live at ground zero. There are two targets on Buffalo. I get to go out with a quick bang and never know what hit me.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm just a few minutes from Ft. Knox. Those yellow circles are all around me. If it happens, I hope that their kind enough to give us some warning so I can head south.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am right where I want to be. Next to Oak Ridge Tennessee. Save me from having to spends barrels of cash preparing for survival in the ensuing zombie riddled apocalypse.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I live 5 miles from one. Eloy base. Just the way I would have it. If it happens I want to go fast thankyou,lol

Ama

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I do hope you realize that there areas that will never be hit. Australia for example. Let me rephrase this. By the time they would be hit, life on earth, at least in the northern hemisphere would be over for many many countless years.
Use of just a few of these weapons would put the entire northern hemisphere into a nuclear wasteland. If someone sends some missiles over, hope like hell that the ones with their fingers on the nukes moves away from the button and prays for intervention instead. Even retaliation is a crime beyond, since this isn't warfare, its an attack on citizens. In the event of use of even 10 missiles in the northern hemisphere, the best place would be ground zero. Because the slow die off would be horrible. Work like mad to get rid of nuclear weapons one earth and all politicians from every country who thinks they're cool.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Nuclear weapons will never be gone. That kind of power will not be given up. Even if they said, hey lets get rid of the nukes, and everyone agreed, and they told us that they were gone, would you believe it? I wouldn't.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq Australia for example. If someone sends some missiles over, hope like hell that the ones with their fingers on the nukes moves away from the button and prays for intervention instead. Work like mad to get rid of nuclear weapons one earth and all politicians from every country who thinks they're cool.

Hey mystiq

i don't know whether or not you're into aliens or not, either way there are a few videos floating around and papers that basically describe ufos as turning off/disabling nukes, I wonder why this is?

Anyway Australia is a much bigger target than many people realise, why people think area 51 and all the bases in USA are the 'stuff', they are severerly wrong, Australia is, and has been a testing ground for all kinds of things for many years now, it is tested in Australia and then put into practice in the rest of the world. Also the underground networks in Australia are the main/base/headquaters for the rest of the world. The main base is in the middle of the desert and therefore no one has any idea what goes on there. There are also many other sub bases and US bases on Aussie soil, therefore I reall y hope like hell nukes do not and never will go off.

I wathched a movie a while ago The Sum of All Fears and could only hope in a situation like that something would happen, like you say, an intervention, whether it be a human or an aircraft that disables it, I know the hole in our ozone layer and all the chemicals raining down on us now is from when they were testing the bombs in the skies.

I seriously wonder how humans let the idiots gain control. I mean there are those of us born into this scenario and are doing everything in our power/mind to change it and yet those that just let it happen have no idea of half of it.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeeJay
That kind of power will not be given up. Even if they said, hey lets get rid of the nukes, and everyone agreed, and they told us that they were gone, would you believe it? I wouldn't.

That my friend is why generation x, y and soon z are going to literally remould the shape of the Earth, in way syou couldn't even fathom. Lets just make sure history is recorded and we tell future generations what happened so in 3000+ years they can actually see, rather than us trying to figure it out and the information either being tampered with or just not there.

It is time humans stop being ruled/controlled/owned/lead by these idiots, the time of the jester ruling has long been over, it is now time to let the technicians take over.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join