It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do these images make you feel about smoking?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I would bet that if people in society stopped spreading fear based ideas, society might not be so sick any more. The media is very guilty of spreading stuff like this.

What if we yanked from society the ideas about disease and suffering, and replaced them with life, happiness, and wellness, I wonder what would happen?

Maybe if we turned off CNN and Fox, and stopped reading negative newspapers, we might actually feel better about life again.

Maybe just maybe, we can stomp out disease by just taking our attention away from it, and putting our attention on things like surviving and living a great healthy life.

Perhaps at that point we can actually enjoy life and all it has to offer. Maybe we can enjoy an after dinner cigar and drink a little wine, if we want to, without our fears of dying some awful death getting the best of us.

Folks, we are living in a fear driven society. Some people are scared of everything. "Oh my god, there is fat in that cake, do you think I should eat a piece?"

Some people are afraid to go to the grocery store because they think Ben Laden and crew is there ready to attack. Thank you CNN.

Look, I'm not suggesting we all get gassed everyday and smoke 5 packs of cigarettes a day, and start doing crack, but I think being afraid of everything will do more harm than good. If you don't want to smoke or drink, then don't.

And, obviously, doing drugs like crack is not a good idea. So, don't do it.

Yes, we should take care of our bodies, yes, yes, yes.

But, how exciting is life when you think all you can eat is salad and low fat dressing? Maybe this is exciting to some people? If you watch your ingredients, even deserts can be made half-way healthy. Just make the cake from wholesome ingredients. For gods sake, have a slice of cake every now and then, if you want. I will lock Richard Simmons in a closet for a few minutes for you, so he doesn't see. Diabetics, obviously, you may have to make adjustments to the cake recipe.

I think one of the biggest problems with food is all the extra preservatives, artificial junk, refined crap, and additives. Not, so much, the fact that it's a juicy, high fat cheeseburger. Mmmm, I can taste that fatty goodness right now. Mmmm, beer, cheeseburger, fries.

Though I don't drink very often any more, I still wouldn't trade some of those crazy memories for anything. Building a "beeramid" out of empty beer cans with good friends. Hiding in a closet from the cops because I wasn't old enough to drink. Man, those were some fun times.

Take some time to celebrate life. Live life.

Troy

[edit on 11-12-2008 by cybertroy]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I tend to take the Bill Hicks approach. "I'll take a pack of them low birth weights." I smoke, and I am going to be quitting smoking very soon. At 23 years old, I'm already feeling the effects. Plus its expensive as hell. If you wanna know something really scary about smoking...this country was built on companies like Phillip Morris and R.J. Reynolds. There are absolutely no health benefits to smoking. It should be illegal. Wanna know why its not? Because the gov gets millions of tax dollars off of it every year. There's a conspiracy for ya...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Tell me you're being facetious. Please.

[edit on 12/12/2008 by prototism]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Inducing people to smoke is one way to depopulate the earth. Smokers get cancer. Smoking and cancer are two huge businesses.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by ctjctjctj]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The only one that evokes a little fear in me, as a smoker, is the one of the lungs. I saw some similar photos of good versus smoker lungs when I was a kid, I remember thinking that is what my parents lungs must look like, but I still started smoking anyway. I saw this type of picture again, in the oncology division of the hospital, when my mother was first diagnosed with lung cancer. When she went through treatment she had not smoked in 14 years, none of the patients in treatment with her 9 other lung cancer cases) were current smokers, some had never smoked at all. The one common denominator among them was that all of them had worked long term in cotton and carpet mills. Not one exception.

So anything that could make my lungs look like that is scary to me, be it smoke or chemicals, and I raise my risk by smoking I suppose, but for me a photo of chemicals in a cotton mill would be more likely to keep me away from cotton mills, rather these would stop me from smoking.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Did you ever see two people getting it on that wasn't an edited video, now thats disgusting and goofy. How does that make you feel about having sex?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Personally, I don't believe tobacco is directly cancer causing. What tobacco seems to do is constrict the blood vessels thus reducing oxygen to the cells. In moderation and with some exercise I don't think tobacco is an issue for the average person. Moderation is the problem with and I suspect the additions of the various poisons infused into cigarette tobacco makes it worse and perhaps harder to practice in moderation.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The images make me think for a minute but thats it - not enough to make me want to quit.

A plus point of the images: I live with 8 other students & we usually leave our tabacco packets lying around in the same room. The way we identify our packets is by which graphic picture we have. At the moment I have the deseased lungs...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join