It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Bashers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

NASA a scam? yea thats right because in your view unless we are like star trek or NASA finds something to back up your own views its a scam.

yea a scam a front for the military industrial complex wich only has one goal in mind...

to figure out better ways to kill all of us.

and you are the most presumptuous person i have ever talked to.

you assume i give a dam about space and finding little green men to back up my views as you put it when in fact i could really care less about it.

there are people homeless and hungry in this country yet we still waste millions of dollars to do what ? fly around and conduct military experiments.

sad

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
In my opinion NASA is just a tax payer funded cover organization to hide the existence of UFO/ET visitation to our planet.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

I wont dispute with you that NASA has achieved many great things. That's a no brainer! But IMHO I do believe that perhaps they could have achieved more than they have. Costing seems to be a sticking point. Take NASA's costings for a convoluted manned Mars mission in comparison to Robert Zubrin and David Baker's "Mars Direct".

NASA's hands are somewhat tied by it's 'partnerships' with developers and the like. Everyone wants a piece of the pie meaning NASA had to stop along the way to the ISS to satisfy everyone involved in that, then they had to make a stop-over on the moon - but first all the affiliated companies with plans for the moon had to actually build something up there.

At that rate and with all the costs associated so everyone involved could have a piece of the pie and show off their new technologies, we would likely not get there for at least 50 years if at all!

Zubrin had a workable plan that could get them there by around 2020 but NASA poo-poo'ed it.

I suggest everyone here watch the documentary "The Mars Underground" if you haven't already.

IRM

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

NASA could achive alot more if it had the money, thats the issue when it comes to NASA.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

ok so 2020 they build a base on the moon.... took them 60 year's to do what they should have done in 30.

There are private companies that have gone into space on less than a million dollars.

Plus they have been screwing their employes over the years do some research. Because Nasa has been cutting a lot of jobs and haven't paid a bunch of their employee's properly. Plus they have been asking for more funding.

If they could send a man to the moon in 1969 with the funding they had. They should be able to build a moon base at ease. It's really not hard to do the math here. They get way more money than they did back then. They have yet to create that prototype spacecraft they designed 10 year's ago that would be more full efficient and able to get into space and back a lot easier.

I went to the NASA space camp when I was younger it was fun and I learned a lot but they showed us models of spaceships and much more they have yet to produce.

Nasa is on the back burner now if you ask me. They as in our government most likely doesn't need nasa for anything other than to keep the public's eye's on them.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by The_Sixth]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Sixth

the original moon mission cost 355 million dollars. you adjust that for inflation? and your talking billions. manned missions are of the most expensive.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Current initiative: www.msnbc.msn.com...

The Space Shuttle Endeavour, the orbiter built to replace the Space Shuttle Challenger, cost approximately $1.7 billion.

"The average cost to launch a Space Shuttle is about $450 million per mission."

www.nasa.gov...

To send a space shuttle to the moon and back. 1.2 Billion.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
True the cost is more today than in the 60's. Considering we just spent what...350 billion or more on a war under false pretenses, hmmm that could have been spent to begin the return to the moon and back more than once. And with Zubrin's "tuna can" plan, we could have used some of that to begin the early stages of actually building the ERV and have it sitting on Mars right now making fuel!

Oh btw, here is the link to the thread.

Posts referenced at the top of this tread

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 10-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Why is this pointless thread in the Aliens/UFO forum?

Shouldn't it be in the Space Exploration forum instead?

I don't see anything remotely connected to Alien or UFO discussion in this thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

because NASA is often sited as being part of the UFO cover up theirfore it is valid

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

So what do you think about the former Nasa Employee that gave a testimony saying she witness first hand implication of cover up's and an actual disk of light on a Nasa Satellite image? Which her superior stated we air brush these critters our before releasing it to the public.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

can you please give me a URL or link to this?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Oh I shouldnt leave this point out.

We just spent over 700 billion to bail out banks, man imagine what we could do with that kind of money for space!!!

Go back to the Moon with spacecraft more realistic than the proposed "Apollo on steroids", set up bases, mining industries, in turn which would make more money to...go on to Mars, set up bases, mining, making more money to....start regular travel and tourism of both Moon and Mars, create a whole new job market, the list can go on and on.

It only takes the imagination to create reality. IF it were not for imagination, we wouldnt even have a space program.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
because NASA is often sited as being part of the UFO cover up theirfore it is valid

You never stated that in your opening post, therefore, the thread is not valid in the Aliens/UFO forum. It would be better shifted to the Space Exploration forum.

All that you did in the opening post was list NASA's achievements and defend them against another member's opinion. There's nothing relevant to the Alien/UFO forum in your opening post.

It may pay you to think about your opening post, before you post something that is essentially off topic to the forum's purpose.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
NASA has done a lot. They invented a lot of things for us. However, they invent these things and then leave them to guess who? the private sector. these private companies do what nasa is unwilling to, spend money on research to make them better, and to invent further things from those initial inventions and research. When's the last time NASA redefined cellphone tech for the planet? Where are the new shuttles? there was a thread in the science forum about, i believe, ex-nasa employess creating a new type of shuttle that was both immensely cheaper and lets face it better all around than the current shuttle design. You know what nasa did? "we don't want it".

They need to get their heads back in the game. It's time they enacted a grass roots initiative to get more funding and apply it directly to research and development for better space suits, better spaceships, more manned missions to both the moon and mars. And not in another decade, They need to do all this in this decade. Give people something to hope for, something to look up to. People complain all the time about negativity in the news and how crappy the world is. well...NASA by doing what i suggest could turn that around single handedly. The last thing i heard about nasa was about the new sleeping quarters for the ISS...wow exciting.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Yes this was part of the Disclosure project at the Nation Press Club in 2001 when many former military,nasa, skunkworks, and others from different area's of government came forward and stated that they would testify under oath before congress about what they are saying as the truth.

www.youtube.com...

The Nasa Employee starts at 2:45 in the video.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Well put. Ya very exciting. Now we know the ISS personell will be comfy and cozy. YIPPEEEE what an achievement!!!! (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Cheers!!!!

====
Mod Edit: large quote removed, 'reply to' linked

[edit on 12/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
dang , don't tell me you started this thread to debate everyone and now you signed off and didn't even respond to many of the posts...

here is some fun reading...

A manned mission to Mars is of questionable scientific value and could cost up to $1 trillion

www.cagw.org...

media.www.dailycollegian.com...

news.cnet.com...

www.google.com...

when you think of NASA Basher think of easynow

[edit on 10-12-2008 by easynow]

[edit on 10-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Ok now this is kind of strange. just on first watching, and without dingging into it, some things struck me..

She only has secret clearence, yet shes involved in this huge cover up of TOP SECRET information, and her employer is just going to tell her everything?

it so hush hush yet she claims she went around NASA and asked and people just outright told her? Thats just my initial impressions, I am going to attempt to verify her employment history by contacting th agency she says she worked for.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join