It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we wake people up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I talk to people about false-flag terrorism, how the military is NOT used to promote and preserve freedom, but rather further the neocon agenda of global control. I talk about false-flags, I provide evidence. I talk about how a large portion of our news is paid-for PR by the government and Big Pharma, how all the evidence point to Big Pharma suppressing potent disease cures all the while promoting sterilizing prescription poison. I talk about false-flags, 9/11, the origins of eugenics, an American sterilization program. I talk about the Income Tax. I tell people to research the material and and even provide links to websites and videos. When they tell me Alex Jones is a kook, I tell them give Alex a chance the media and government WANT you to think he's a "kook".

And what do I get? Insults, being called a kook, a crazy conspiracy theorist. The majority of the people DON'T EVEN KNOW that 70% of our food is spliced with animal and bacterial genes by mad scientists,

Everyone seems happy enough to be ignorent, watch football, a friend even called me crazy for not taking a flu vaccine.

I get a lot of this, "I will check this out when I'm really bored". So, my point is, how can I get to people who refuse to even spend 30 minutes examining Infowars and watching my hand-picked, collection of the most informative videos? How does one get to brain-dead sheeple?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777I get a lot of this, "I will check this out when I'm really bored". So, my point is, how can I get to people who refuse to even spend 30 minutes examining Infowars and watching my hand-picked, collection of the most informative videos? How does one get to brain-dead sheeple?

You don't lay down everything in front of them in just one sitting. They will think you're crazy, even I will think you're crazy.

When I began searching for the 'truth' up to now, it took me over a year. I came upon theories that look crazy, now I think it's plausible.

So it takes time and you also have to be sensitive to people. Also the fact that not all people you talk to will believe you no matter how persistent you are. Like the ones who are enjoying their lives, and everything figured out, they will rebuke you. Why on Earth would you spoil their fun? But the ones who are deeply frustrated with their lives might readily believe you, but please don't take advantage of them!

If you want to build an army of 'world changers' you won't find them in castles, drunk with the pleasures of the world - figuratively speaking. Besides, number doesn't matter but the size of the fight in you!

[edit on 10-12-2008 by ahnggk]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
A lot of people have “awakened”. The problem is while they acknowledge a conspiracy and that something is wrong many disagree on what exactly is wrong, how to handle it, and get stuck debating meager issues instead of uniting to drastically change the system.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
give the person time, you can't force change and expect postive results.

remember to plant the seeds.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by la vie]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
If you can at least keep their attention for the first 30 seconds, your approach is working.

But if you see wandering eyes, body language of uncomorting motion, wandering and/or random words from them, your approach is either too aggressive, too boaring, too complex or uninteresting.

I would suggest laying out a few different approach angles on paper and work them with people who already know and agree with you. Get different opinions and ideas on those and modify as necessary. Then when you think they are ready to try, then give it a try, a little at a time too.

The first impressions are always important.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
A lot of people out there are awake. The Bush administration taught a lot of people a lesson here in the USA. They may not be as aware as they should be but certainly they are now aware as the Vietnam generation was that authority figures can lie and be misleading. I think more and more people are waking up. I woke up this summer after I went back to a public school at a community college setting (I'm transferring after next year) and I noticed how many people haven't woken up yet.. but then... there are people out there that have woken up. It will take time for the rest of the people too. I just think that the people that woke up may go back to sleep again... so who knows?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I've found the best way to wake someone up is to follow the list below.

1. First wake up yourself!
2. Brew coffee
3. Brush your teeth.
4. Make coffee
5. After you have your wits about you bring coffee to those you want to wake up.

YOU are not even on 1 yet!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Show them things that they can not deny.

For example show them a bunch of pictures of plane crash wreckage, then show them a picture of the field in shanksville that flight 93 supposedly crashed into and ask them to point out the wreckage.

Show them videos of buildings being demolished vertically into their own footprint, then show them the twin tower and building 7 videos.

Also show them things like the Gulf of Tonkin documents, or Operation Northwoods documents.

Once you have gotten their attention, introduce them to more information.

DO NOT, I repeat, do not... try to show them everything you know all at once, you will end up in a straitjacket eating prozac and ritalin for your three meals per day.

Most importantly be patient. If someone had tried to show me all the things I know now, back when I was just starting to dig around, or even before that, I would have thought they had completely flipped their noodle.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
A lot of people out there are awake. The Bush administration taught a lot of people a lesson here in the USA. They may not be as aware as they should be but certainly they are now aware as the Vietnam generation was that authority figures can lie and be misleading. I think more and more people are waking up. I woke up this summer after I went back to a public school at a community college setting (I'm transferring after next year) and I noticed how many people haven't woken up yet.. but then... there are people out there that have woken up. It will take time for the rest of the people too. I just think that the people that woke up may go back to sleep again... so who knows?

"PEOPLE ARE AWAKE"?????

When I mention the US military, WHEN I MENTION the Iraq, Afghanistan Wars, when I try mentioning 9/11, 90% of the people call me "anti-American", "anti-military", and give me the bullcrap of how I need to appreciate our military because they, supposedly, defend our 'freedom'? When I mention that the very "freedoms" they were supposed to defend have been eradicated by the PATRIOT ACT, I get a variety of responses. Some idiot actually asked me if I was a terrorist... How can we get to the average dumbed-down American who thinks questioning the government is terrorism?

[edit on 10-12-2008 by thetruth777]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

I don't know who thinks that. The only people that I know of that think that criticizing the Government is terrorists are those on the far right. In my state a lot of people here have questioned Bush's actions... we are a fairly liberal state and many of the people who I have met have shared similar dislike to Bush and to Republicans and they aren't even believers in the NWO. How we can get these other people to wake up? I don't know... I think some people will never be awoken because they are too focused on their personal lives.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
Show them things that they can not deny.

For example show them a bunch of pictures of plane crash wreckage, then show them a picture of the field in shanksville that flight 93 supposedly crashed into and ask them to point out the wreckage.

Show them videos of buildings being demolished vertically into their own footprint, then show them the twin tower and building 7 videos.

Also show them things like the Gulf of Tonkin documents, or Operation Northwoods documents.

Once you have gotten their attention, introduce them to more information.

DO NOT, I repeat, do not... try to show them everything you know all at once, you will end up in a straitjacket eating prozac and ritalin for your three meals per day.

Most importantly be patient. If someone had tried to show me all the things I know now, back when I was just starting to dig around, or even before that, I would have thought they had completely flipped their noodle.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by ashamedamerican]

Problem is, most people are simply bored by conversations about Northwoods, Tonkin, or Gladio. I I talk about football, I get their attention...

And as for Building 7, most people think the video is fake.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The reason why I don't believe in the 9-11 conspiracy theories is because I believe that Osama Bin Laden is capable of pulling off an attack like 9-11, and, was behind (based on what I know about him). I think most people don't like talking about technical stuff. Why don't you talk to them about general issues that most people know about when it comes to politics.. talk to them about corruption scandals... about watergate... about the Iran Contra... talk to them about what most people know.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

When I mention the US military, WHEN I MENTION the Iraq, Afghanistan Wars, when I try mentioning 9/11, 90% of the people call me "anti-American", "anti-military",

Well you're probably surrounded by the wrong people. I know a lot of people in the military and they are more inclined to believe a lot of this stuff, long as they are a younger generation of servers. Some of them are into this stuff more than I am, into the Illuminati conspiracies, etc. As for convincing those who don’t already believe- it takes time and simple facts and reason. Don’t just tell them about the Patriot Act, show them. Show them what it says and what it means. Don’t just talk about something like the Real ID, get them on the internet or send them links that explain what the ID entails and what it could mean. Introduce them to places like ATS, they’re allowed to be skeptical, but give them the evidence and allow them to decide- that’s all you can do. Actually giving them evidence to ponder is a lot more than discussing your opinion on these issues and expecting them to immediately agree with you and be completely disillusioned.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The biggest obstacle to getting people to understand that there is a group of people who wish to control the world, is the false belief that we have a two party system. Just look at some of the posts on this thread- some just can't help themselves. They make comments like Frankidealist35 that "The only people that I know of that think that criticizing the Government is terrorists are those on the far right.". As soon as you become partisan, you fall into the trap that those who want control have set for you. That trap, the false illusion of control by the people, with the vote of two parties, lulls people into thinking that there is a democracy, and they have control. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
Step one is for people to realize that there is NO difference between the two parties, that the candidates are chosen by the PTB, that the issues are decided by the same PTB, and that Congress does NOT represent the people, they represent their real masters, the PTB.
Is the NWO a "formal" organization? Not in the usual sense. That is what makes it so hard to ferret them out. However, the NWO, as a placeholder name for the PTB is just as good as any other name.
Stop playing into the trap of partisanship. As long as people believe that garbage, nothing will change.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I'm not being partisan here I'm just saying what people on the far right usually say. I think that people of all ideology should be critical of the Government but it just so has happened that the far right has been saying nasty things about those who criticize the Government. They call these people unAmericans, terrorists, Muslims... I am sure people on the left do it too but I think you see what I mean.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I'm not being partisan here I'm just saying what people on the far right usually say

I think that if you look up the definition of partisan, you will see that is exactly what you are doing. You are making generalizations about people on one side of the political spectrum. Whether you realize it or not, you are contributing to the division in this country, by making comments such as "what people on the right usually say". What if I replaced your phrase "people on the right" with black people, or white people, or Muslim, or Jewish, or Christian? Can't you see what I am saying?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
The biggest obstacle to getting people to understand that there is a group of people who wish to control the world, is the false belief that we have a two party system. Just look at some of the posts on this thread- some just can't help themselves. They make comments like Frankidealist35 that "The only people that I know of that think that criticizing the Government is terrorists are those on the far right.". As soon as you become partisan, you fall into the trap that those who want control have set for you. That trap, the false illusion of control by the people, with the vote of two parties, lulls people into thinking that there is a democracy, and they have control. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
Step one is for people to realize that there is NO difference between the two parties, that the candidates are chosen by the PTB, that the issues are decided by the same PTB, and that Congress does NOT represent the people, they represent their real masters, the PTB.
Is the NWO a "formal" organization? Not in the usual sense. That is what makes it so hard to ferret them out. However, the NWO, as a placeholder name for the PTB is just as good as any other name.
Stop playing into the trap of partisanship. As long as people believe that garbage, nothing will change.

Doing so would be near-impossible given how much the average sheep watches (and believes) the bought-and-paid-for PR (otherwise known as "news").

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

No I can't because I was just pointing out what people on the right have said. Now just to prove that i am not partisan I'll say what people on the left say too... people on the left believe that the right hates a woman's right to choose, the right is too religious, that the right is filled of too many evangelicals, that they have a faith-based policy, and that they are against stem-cell research and science.

These may be generalizations... but... it just so happens that people who are divided with party lines think in these certain ways.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

No I can't because I was just pointing out what people on the right have said. Now just to prove that i am not partisan I'll say what people on the left say too... people on the left believe that the right hates a woman's right to choose, the right is too religious, that the right is filled of too many evangelicals, that they have a faith-based policy, and that they are against stem-cell research and science.

These may be generalizations... but... it just so happens that people who are divided with party lines think in these certain ways.

You still believe there's a distinction between the party lines, don't you? You still think we're in a democracy.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You still believe there's a distinction between the party lines, don't you? You still think we're in a democracy.

Finally, someone else that understands what is going on!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join