It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search of 32 graves ordered at Florida reform school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Search of 32 graves ordered at Florida reform school

www.cnn.com

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) - - Florida Gov. Charlie Crist has ordered an investigation to determine whether the remains of 32 students were buried decades ago in shallow graves on the grounds of a former reform school for boys.

"Some of us will never get over the brutality, the sexual assaults and the fear . . . "
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
How could it take so long to investigate something so hienous?
Why wasn't something done about the missing boys earlier?

Finally, it gets investigated; but are the ones responsible still alive?

For those on ATS who know me a little, know how much I despise abuse of authority. A victim myself, I know the feeling all too well. I'll always stand up to abusers, oppressors, usurpers, tyrants, etc... will YOU?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Oh my!
This is MUCH like the case in England, except I think there was some covering up there.
No murder at Jersey?
God help these children!

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Thank-you for response, and link!

Wow! Bone-chilling, and majorly disturbing... very similar indeed.

Being beaten-to-death is something I've experienced, but came back from the edge in the nick-of-time, miraculously! Makes me feel a certain "kin-ship" to those who didn't; like the poor souls in those graves...

I'm real curious about what happens in this Florida reform school case, and hopeful that some kind of justice occurs for the survivors.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Here's another article with pictures of the reform school boys;
SouthFlorida
From the article;

The men are also asking for the investigation to include the school's use of the boys for slave labor, sexual abuse, sex trafficking and kidnapping for sexual assault.

I'm sorry for what happened to you

I'm also glad that you are turning it around to help other children!

Did these children have parents?
The Jersey case had LOTS of people willing to testify with CORROBORATING EVIDENCE!, but, they fired the lead detective(or some title similar)and closed the case.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Thanks for that Clearskies; I appreciate it. You are one great gal! Your
family is lucky to have you!

Real good update link, too! Those photos curdled my blood a little!

Yeah, I feel so bad for these men who have such aweful memories of that terrible place. "Juvenile delinquents" who receive corporal punishment, rarely improve from the beatings; . . .it's quite the opposite!

My hope is that some of the former staff are still alive, to face justice!

I spent a couple decades wandering in a very deranged haze, because of the death-beatings I survived. Made me dead-set AGAINST ever having children of my own...so I didn't.

I feel that children deserve the best protections from abuse possible! For instance, why not have Closed-Circuit Cameras installed in ALL places where children dwell...with access of the live feed available to anyone & everyone, at all times!!!

And another safeguard I thought of, is to always have a mix of adults present, at all times- to avoid any chance of ONE adult holding so much power over them! (The power gets abused too often, when there's only ONE adult watching them).

But the best prevention, of course, is to have people become much more sensible about having children in the first place; we must face the facts:
NOT EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE KIDS!!!

Who should, & who shouldn't, is certainly a topic for a different thread, I think.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER

For those on ATS who know me a little, know how much I despise abuse of authority. A victim myself, I know the feeling all too well.

At one time not long ago, Florida was a quiet, rural, farming backwater. Then the drug war started and prisons became an "industry". Thru a combination of these elements (and others), we've completely lost control of the police.

I do not doubt that this story has elements of truth. Just a few years ago, the police beat a teenager to death at one of the Sheriff's camps in Panama City (about 70 miles from Marianna). It made international headlines. The police and State were issueing one lie after another and they also released doctored (completely blurred out) video. The perps were charged in the murder but I think they got off scott-free in the end. For every media-reported event, there are a hundred more abuses of authority.

On a number of occasions, I've witnessed police (and sometimes military) helicopters buzzing civilians. They fly so low that they are a threat to the public safety. It's only a matter of time until we hear about mechanical failures resulting in a helicopter crash that kills civilians. Interesting enough, the FAA does not give a damn.

Sheesh.

[edit on 12/10/2008 by anonymousATS]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

Thank-you for great insight!

Excellent angle, you present, in this abuse tragedy, that the cops are partly afflicted with corruption through the drug trade.

I think I do recall a "boot-camp" death years back; his murderous police custodians were real COWARDS, huh?

It's the same thing with the reform school murders; punishment escalating to beatings; beatings that aren't satisfied till the victim's death!

I wonder who those helicopters are buzzing? Drug smugglers? Terrorists? Human-traffickers? . . . I know it's not politicians, bank embezzlers, crooked cops, pharmaceutical pushers . . . but they're all in the same category, aren't they?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Seems that a lot of these sort of establishments turn out to be hunting grounds for sexual predators and a hotbed of brutality.
I was reading some articles a few months ago about the schools and other establishments in Canada run for the native Indian population and the abuse of the children there which also produced a very high body count.

If there is one thing sure to get my blood boiling it is the abuse of children, especially in institutions that are there to provide protection from abuse and sexual predation. It should alarm people to discover that so much of this goes uninvestigated by the state for so many years. Kinda makes one wonder just who are they trying to protect?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If anyone is interested, here's a BBC story about the beating death of 14-year-old Martin Lee Anderson in the Sheriffs Camp a few years back. Of note, U.S. "news" outlets were generally producing soft-pedaled, dumbed-down accounts of this tradegy.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Unfortunately, it appears all these perps have walked away from this murder scott-free.

Re: Drugs

Drugs have directly and indirectly corrupted our police. While few police are directly involved in drug dealing or protecting drug shipments, many, many police are involved in supplimenting their budgets thru the racketeering confiscation laws. Still other police are reveling in the power trip that accompanies their constantly-heightened powers.

Essentially, the more they confiscate, the greater their budgets and "toys". This has predictably led to corruption and severe damage to our civil liberties. Unfortunately, the media are very pro-police and they tend to downplay police corruption and our loss of liberties. They are also actively supporting this uber-failed drug war.

Re: Dangerous flying

For the most part, I dunno what people are being buzzed via helicopter. I can relate two specific cases. A few years ago, a police helicopter was buzzing a farm in the middle of nowhere where an old country widower lived. The old codger took personal offense at having his farm and animals buzzed. He walked outside the farm house, raised his rifle and "tracked" the helo. The helicopter withdrew. A short time later, the police arrived in force (in cars) and surrounded his house. He was taken into custody -- I think he was put in a mental facility for evaluation.

My S.O. was also buzzed. The helo was flying low enough that she could see the pilot thru the bedroom window. She said he was about the height of the power poles. Seriously threatening behavior.

So far, these scumbags have managed to escape the consequences of their behavior. I have no doubt this will end badly for us all.

[edit on 12/11/2008 by anonymousATS]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Bravo!

My blood boils too, Britguy, thanks for speaking up. Abuse by authorities seems to be on the rise, with no accountability or redress available to the citizens, whatsoever! They pack thier courts with "offenders" and continue to mandate by FORCE . . . but WE have no courts to take THEM to!!!

not yet, anyway...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

Outstanding post! (Applauding)! Thanks for relavant link, good job!

The rotten jackels who murdered Martin Lee Anderson should be doing LIFE in prison, with hard labor; and thier earnings deposited into his family's bank account!

Minor children sent to these 'places' are scared enough; abusing them ruins them for life, and sickens all of humanity's collective soul.

Would be awesome if you ever got a chance to videotape those hee-lo's; ATS is definitely the place to bring your footage!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Link

Bumping old thread, as recent developments with link above. An anthropologist with experience in many war torn countries locating mass graves has gone forward with a research project in this area with depth scanning instruments, and perhaps located more graves in the woods of the Marianna boys reform school, long since closed.
There was a story on the news tonight, MSM, about a lady whose brother was sent there in 1940, and never seen again. The school informed her family he was a run away. His body was later found under a house in the area. The school claimed he had run away, hidden under the house, and died of exposure and pneumonia. She, his sister, later found a "classmate," there when he was, who claimed he saw him funning through an open field, and being fired upon with shotguns by men from the school, and this was how he was killed.
Obviously, these ended lives deserve our living consideration, and acknowledgement, and hoping it will not happen anymore. Without exposure of the truth, it seems bound to, if history is any teacher.

top topics

join