It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the flood?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't mind the original poster's musings, it's a natural and important part of thinking. What I mind is the assumption that man's thinking is greater and the predisposition that it is false without doing the due diligence of investigation.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Interesting notions, can you tell me one thing about our Pyramid Idea though?

Where in the pyramid do we find PITCH INSIDE AND OUT? I am just wondering because that is what the story says Noah did!

It was a boat, the Great Pyramid was built by one of Noah's children and it may be the Kingdom that GOD brings to the Mount of Olives when he splits it in two. the description of that city is as tall as it is wide as it is long. That is a pyramid, the ark was very long narrow and not very high.

There are over 270 Flood stories out there and most contain Boat, 8 people, and animals... The Sumerian text is the oldest PUBLISHED but surely not the Oldest told.

Moses was NOT Egyptian except by Adoption of the Pharaoh, his adopted mom was the sister to Pharaoh. And if you read the story the adopted mom had Moses real mom, a SLAVE WOMAN, come and breast feed it for her while Noses was young...

What gets me the most is people that have NEVER READ the BIBLE sure have a lot of opinions about it.

[edit on 12/9/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

What I am abhorrent to is people posting things they don't know, haven't read and are DEAD WRONG about.

This was not a post about maybe he Bible is true but I don't get this part, this was an attempted slam on God's Word based on a fairy tale the OP made up cause it sure don't meet the Bibles story in any way, MEANING quite simply the OP never read Genesis 6...

I love to see earnest questions about the Bible, but this was a lame attempt at trying to disprove it a VERY lame attempt!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
"50 in breadth by 30 RISE at a Pitch. Finish to a cubit above"

"This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high." - Genesis 6:15

This make not this: pyramid

[edit on 9-12-2008 by saint4God]

Gen 6:15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
Gen 6:16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

Meaning of Cubit which you will notice bears similar to "almah" the word used in Isaiah to describe virgin which just means "Young Lady".

H520
אמּה
'ammâh
am-maw'
Prolonged from H517; properly a mother (that is, unit) of measure, or the forearm (below the elbow), that is, a cubit; also a door base (as a bond of the entrance): - cubit, + hundred [by exchange for H3967], measure, post.

H517
אם
'êm
ame
A primitive word; a mother (as the bond of the family); in a wide sense (both literally and figuratively); (like H1): - dam, mother, X parting.

This is what I found in the bible. It says nothing of feet, it is a completely different kind of measurement.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Interesting notions, can you tell me one thing about our Pyramid Idea though?

Where in the pyramid do we find PITCH INSIDE AND OUT? I am just wondering because that is what the story says Noah did!

It was a boat, the Great Pyramid was built by one of Noah's children and it may be the Kingdom that GOD brings to the Mount of Olives when he splits it in two. the description of that city is as tall as it is wide as it is long. That is a pyramid, the ark was very long narrow and not very high.

There are over 270 Flood stories out there and most contain Boat, 8 people, and animals... The Sumerian text is the oldest PUBLISHED but surely not the Oldest told.

Moses was NOT Egyptian except by Adoption of the Pharaoh, his adopted mom was the sister to Pharaoh. And if you read the story the adopted mom had Moses real mom, a SLAVE WOMAN, come and breast feed it for her while Noses was young...

What gets me the most is people that have NEVER READ the BIBLE sure have a lot of opinions about it.

[edit on 12/9/2008 by theindependentjournal]

"Out of Egypt, I have called my people "he will rule as god".

Out of Egypt, MitZraim, Mary.....

"There's just something about mary"....

By the way, I read the bible in the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic. What other way do you suggest?

Peace

[edit on 9-12-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join