It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the flood?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Curious, maybe someone wiser than me can answer these questions:

When the animals left the ark (Genesis 8:19), what would they have eaten? There would have been no plants after the ground had been submerged for nearly a year. What would the carnivores have eaten? Whatever prey they ate would have gone extinct. And how did the New World primates or the Australian marsupials find there way back after the flood subsided?

Noah kills the “clean beasts” and burns their dead bodies for God (Genesis 8:20). According to Genesis 7:8 this would have caused the extinction of all “clean” animals since only two of each were taken onto the ark. So why is it that we still have “clean” animals?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terra Serranum

When the animals left the ark (Genesis 8:19), what would they have eaten?

Kelp and manna.

There would have been no plants after the ground had been submerged for nearly a year. What would the carnivores have eaten?

Bird eggs and fish.

And how did the New World primates or the Australian marsupials find there way back after the flood subsided?

By boat. The Ark was converted into a ferry post-flood.

Noah kills the “clean beasts” and burns their dead bodies for God (Genesis 8:20). According to Genesis 7:8 this would have caused the extinction of all “clean” animals since only two of each were taken onto the ark. So why is it that we still have “clean” animals?

You're missing the qualifications in Leviticus as to what is clean. I can only assume that you haven't gotten that far yet. Keep reading, it's in there.

I'm sure the point of the thread is to show how much greater your intelligence is compared to God, but God being God by definition would have a greater intelligence than any individual He creates, would He not?

[edit on 9-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It was a fairy tale.If you use reason and logic then you can see it was just an idiotic story.
I think its proof that god loves genocide LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
It was a fairy tale.If you use reason and logic then you can see it was just an idiotic story.
I think its proof that god loves genocide LOL

Ah, there's the response the original poster was looking for. I'm sure s/he feels happy again.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Why is it so important to you???People believe what they want...whats it to you??

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Why is it so important to you???

Did I make the mistake of implying that it was important?

People believe what they want...whats it to you??

Everyone is welcomed to believe as they wish.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

When the animals left the ark (Genesis 8:19), what would they have eaten? There would have been no plants after the ground had been submerged for nearly a year. What would the carnivores have eaten? Whatever prey they ate would have gone extinct. And how did the New World primates or the Australian marsupials find there way back after the flood subsided?

There was a period of time Noah waited before he left the Pyramid. He waited till the dove of peace returned with an Olive branch in it's mouth.

It was 7 pairs of clean animals or 7 Fold. It was not necesaraly animals as the Hebrew base root is "to be Mute". Like,"as a lamb is led before its shearers he shall not open his mouth".

Noah comes from Noach and means "Rest". God found grace in "Rest".

Remember Moses was Egyptian and all these stories are Egyptian. The pyramids are the ArK.

It is the same story of the tower of babel only Noah's story they changed to boat, but they don't know what it was. They used a greek word Kupris... for Cypress, because the didn't know what Kefa meant. It means Stone.

"Thou' shall't finish the ARC to a cubit above"....

It was a memorial and a COFFIN. God said, "the end of ALL FLESH has come before me. ALL is ALL. The things of the past world we can find are at the surface in Coffins of sorts.

We bury the dead but leave memorials for those we love, even our kings.

Peace

[edit on 9-12-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

In addition, this is why all of those civilazations that wanted to be remembered all three of Noahs (Rest) son wanted to build pyramids, as a memorial, lest they be scattered about the earth.

Memory seems to be a big projector of sorts, that, what is in the memerory is what is living.

"Do this in rememberence of me".

1000 years is a day, and a day a thousand years to God.

I can learn a thousand years of history in one day.

Peace

[edit on 9-12-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The return of the olive branch does show there was vegetation, so we don't have to take the story as metaphorical as many imply. Remember the exact dimensions of the Ark are recorded...and it isn't a pyramid shape.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I won't even bother.Good luck little religious dudes.
Have fun.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I thought that Noah just took their DNA so that NOah/Annunkai could reproduce them after. I never thought that the pyramids had anything to do with the flood. That is such an interesting idea. I will look into that. I was just kidding about the DNA.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by isa75]

[edit on 9-12-2008 by isa75]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by isa75
I never thought that the pyramids had anything to do with the flood. That is such an interesting idea. I will look into that.

If you believe that, then you'd also have to believe that the pyramids are made of wood....and that they're not shaped like pyramids.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The "Flood" was a localized condition that happened at the end of the Younger Dryas that was only interpreted to be worldwide. There was always plenty to eat, and probably after a few years there would have been a super growth of vegetation because of the rising temperatures.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by isa75

I believe this Pyramid link to be what we are all missing.

They indeed are important to everyone. Especially those of faith to see that we indeed all hail the same voice of one "LIVING" God, who is amoungst us, not in a fairy tail.

Check this article out on Wiki-pedia about Gophar Wood being in question.

[quote="Wikipedia"]Gopher wood
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
A painting of Noah's Ark, said to be constructed from gopher wood.

Gopher wood or gopherwood is a term used once in the Bible, for the substance whose identity is unknown from which Noah's ark was built.
Question over identity

Gen 6:14 states that Noah built the Ark of גפר (gofer, more commonly gopher) wood, a word not otherwise known in the Bible or in Hebrew. The Jewish Encyclopedia believes it was most likely a translation of the Babylonian "gushure i÷ erini" (cedar-beams), or the Assyrian "giparu" (reed).[1] The Greek Septuagint (3rd–1st centuries BC) translated it as xylon tetragonon, "squared timber".[2] Similarly, the Latin Vulgate (5th century AD) rendered it as lignis levigatis, "smoothed (possibly planed) wood".

Older English translations, including the King James Version (17th century), simply leave it untranslated. Many modern translations tend to favour cypress (although the word for "cypress" in Biblical Hebrew is brosh), following Adam Clarke, a Methodist theologian famous for his commentary on the Bible: Clarke cited the resemblance between Greek word for cypress, kuparisson and the Hebrew word gophar, although Greek and Hebrew are not related languages and the linguistic resemblance is superficial. Other suggestions include pine, cedar, fir, ebony, wicker, juniper, acacia, boxwood, slimed bulrushes and resinous wood, and even American trees such as Cladrastis kentuckea, or American yellowwood, although this type of gopherwood has no known relation to the material of Noah's Ark. Others, noting the physical similarity between the Hebrew letters g and k, suggest that the word may actually be kopher, the Hebrew word meaning "pitch"; thus kopher wood would be pitched wood. Recent suggestions have included a lamination process (to strengthen the Ark), or a now-lost type of tree, but there is no consensus.[3]

or this

[quote="Meaning of Ark"]An Egyptian word?

It has been suggested that tebah is a foreign word, or at least of foreign derivation. One alleged link is to the Egyptian word dbt (coffin). (5) Perhaps Jochebed could be portrayed in a melancholy scene as she prepares a coffin for her baby, but the posting of Miriam to keep watch over his brother suggests otherwise. Of course, if tebah actually means "coffin", then this would take on a whole new meaning for the Biblical skeptic - "Noah's Coffin".

Alternatively, since the Egyptians were consumed with the afterlife, perhaps a coffin did not mean "death" so much as "entry into the afterlife". Noah's Ark was effectively a doorway from one world to another. Had the original name for the ark been tebah (tbh), it is quite logical that the Egyptians should use the same term for their own (misguided) form of transport into the netherworld - the coffin.

This poses an interesting scenario. Assume for a moment that prior to the Babel incident everyone used the same word for king Noah's boat - tbh. The dispersion occurs and Egyptian settlement is established. In their focus on the afterlife the Egyptians begin to equate a coffin with the legendary ark, borrowing the old pre-Babel term tbh. By the time Moses is on the scene his mother's basket also fits the description tebah, the word Moses also selected for the original ark. The "box" connotation is not strongly supported because Moses employs a completely different word for the Ark of the Covenant. (arown), and for the coffin of Gen 50:26. This word is still in use when the second book of Kings is authored (2 Kings 12:9), where it simply means "chest".

Taking this a step further, perhaps tbh implies the "preservation of life." This appears to be the motive behind Egyptian mummification, permanence of rock tombs and the extraordinary efforts to make a granite sarcophagus. Noah's Ark might then be called Noah's Lifeboat.

Assuming tbh to mean "life saver" and taking it as the original word for Noah's Ark, we might trace it right through to Moses.

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Actually there are myths of disastrous flood in a lot of non-connected cultures throughout the globe. So to disregard it as a fact because story is not scientifically accurate is not wise. Also - flood happened in Noah's time according to the story. Moses lived a lot later. Interestingly i actually fail to recall Egyptian version of flood story, but a Sumerian one is considered to be the origin for biblical story. I understand that it just another fact that does not fit into new Egypt-dynasty-bloodline trend and facts are not important as long as trends are concerned - but still some education might be useful.
Edit:
Another untrendy fact - word ark (Noah's) is spelt TE(y)VA. Not tebah. It is written TYVH. And it means box.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I had never heard that the Pyramids could have been where Moses was instead of the Arc. I never said I believed it I just thought that was interesting.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
The return of the olive branch does show there was vegetation, so we don't have to take the story as metaphorical as many imply. Remember the exact dimensions of the Ark are recorded...and it isn't a pyramid shape.

"300 cubits in length." Length includes depth like this. The cubit moses used to tell the story.

"50 in breadth by 30 RISE at a Pitch. Finish to a cubit above"

This is a Ratio.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Actually there are myths of disastrous flood in a lot of non-connected cultures throughout the globe. So to disregard it as a fact because story is not scientifically accurate is not wise. Also - flood happened in Noah's time according to the story. Moses lived a lot later. Interestingly i actually fail to recall Egyptian version of flood story, but a Sumerian one is considered to be the origin for biblical story. I understand that it just another fact that does not fit into new Egypt-dynasty-bloodline trend and facts are not important as long as trends are concerned - but still some education might be useful.
Edit:
Another untrendy fact - word ark (Noah's) is spelt TE(y)VA. Not tebah. It is written TYVH. And it means box.

There are original stories from the Maya to the Aboriginals. The sumerian story is the oldest recorded true. It is all the same story afterall.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Dup post.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
"50 in breadth by 30 RISE at a Pitch. Finish to a cubit above"

"This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high." - Genesis 6:15

This make not this: pyramid

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Terra Serranum

You should READ GENESIS 6 before asking these questions...

All the answers are there, for instance you assume hey got out of the ark as soon as the ground was dry, but this is NOT what the Bible says What did the dove bring back to Noah? What do you think Noah was waiting on dry ground for over 6 months for?

How many of you can grow most of your garden in 6 months from Planting to Harvest?

If you want to try to make the Bible look like a fable that couldn't happen, MAY I SUGGEST READING IT FIRST! Instead of putting forth so much rubbish as this OP has...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join