It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer to be world's top killer by 2010, WHO says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Cancer to be world's top killer by 2010, WHO says

news.yahoo.com

ATLANTA – Cancer will overtake heart disease as the world's top killer by 2010, part of a trend that should more than double global cancer cases and deaths by 2030, international health experts said in a report released Tuesday.
Rising tobacco use in developing countries is believed to be a huge reason for the shift, particularly in China and India, where 40 percent of the world's smokers now live.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This hits pretty close to home, my father passed away in April from renal cancer. At that time, I started a thread about the increase of cancer deaths in the over 55 group which got a few replies and I got the idea that I may be overreacting. Alas, my observances and fears may have a little more weight with this prediction from WHO.
If ever I believed in a depopulation event it would be this horrible disease because I do believe that there are many cures already out there. Many threads have been started on this board with cures for cancer, I believe there is at the very least a grain of truth in all but big pharma and the big plan must profit succeed.
The thing that makes me most angry about cancer is the FDA's commitment to keep the disease alive and well, how big pharma keeps possible cures hushed and squashed, the fact that WHO moves it to the top killer so they see no cure in sight and the lack of oversight.
Blame it on tobacco but isnt it actually the toxins and chemicals that BIG tobacco adds to the cigs that cause the cancer.
This article is quite biased...quit smoking, no cancer.
I dont believe that for a second...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
More from article...

Cancer diagnoses around the world have steadily been rising and are expected to hit 12 million this year. Global cancer deaths are expected to reach 7 million, according to the new report by the World Health Organization.
An annual rise of 1 percent in cases and deaths is expected — with even larger increases in China, Russia and India. That means new cancer cases will likely mushroom to 27 million annually by 2030, with deaths hitting 17 million.

27 MILLION ANNUALLY

By 2030, there could be 75 million people living with cancer around the world, a number that many health care systems are not equipped to handle.

But I bet big pharma is salivating over that number.

"This is going to present an amazing problem at every level in every society worldwide," said Peter Boyle, director of the WHO's International Agency for Research on Cancer.

Ya think? Based on my experience with my dad, cancer is extremely expensive even with top of the line insurance plans.
People without insurance, third world countries, over populated countries and the middle, lower and poverty classes are screwed.
One prescription alone would make most broke.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The leading cause will soon be DU nano dust that has bonded with our atmosphere since Yugslavia, the Gulf War, Afghanistan and Iraq, due to the US and UK use of depleted uranium weaponry, there are some threads on ATS about this, and the prognosis for our planet is grim.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There are a lot of reasons for cancer "epidemics" - pollution (that includes DU - and i am not sure that it is that influencing. Water/land/air are so polluted by industry/waste that it is probably not adding much) , high calorie diet and finally longer life expectancy. From modern medical point of view if humans would live longer - they will all die of cancer.
So once "third" world that has same (or even heavier) pollution will get the same junk high calorie diet and have longer life expectancy cancer cases worldwide will definitely rise. But since from what i understand in "first" world countries this problem is actually reduced or at least stabilized maybe "third" world will also get to this point after some time.
Also i hope that cancer research will give us more effective treatments at least for most deadly or simply most widespread types of cancers. I would bet on "games" with immune system as most likely path for now. With all its dangers. Costs will still be high probably.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
As ZeroKnowledge said, one of the major causes of the cancer "epidemic" is just increased life expectancy.

People are dying of cancer because we're saving their lives earlier when they used to die of heart disease and other conditions.

Now that's not to say that pollution etcetera don't cause a lot of cancers – I think it does. But the statistics are misleading because of the way cancer works.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Every week big pharma bring out a new toxic drug to milk you of your money claiming a 25% of 15% of 2% improvement.

i think they just brew a random toxic cocktail of drugs patent it and milk you.

i dare say bleach would work just as well with similar toxic effects.

Every time some one brings out a real cancer cure they end up dead or in prison or discredited.

85 % of Cancers are contagious.

Most people are ignorant of this yet a tacit admission is that papilomma virus causes cancer...sarcoma virus causes cancer.gardasil vaccine for a sleep-a- round girls.

that is why 560000 Americans die EVERY YEAR.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by esecallum]

top topics

join